BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

8 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Be full of confidence about this one gents.Hellfire I am. I really think we are on the up in more ways than one with JDT and his philosophies are finally starting to come to fruition.Will it be easy? Of course not as Sheffield,regardless of current form or not, deserve to be where they are in the table and will pose a very stiff challenge.

However, we are a squad full of self beliefe right now and that can really carry you far in this beautiful sport we all love. Need to take our chances when we get them, no silly mistakes, and just continue to believe and follow what JDT and our teammates are trying to do.

2-1 Rovers Dolan and Sammie.

We deserve to be were we are at the moment, 10 matches unbeaten and probably higher than fourth if we won more away matches.

• Like 2

We need to get the team selection right today. JDT has lots of options, let’s hope he makes the right choices.

I’d have Thomas in for Hedges, Gally up the middle. Dolan out left. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Morton play again. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Pickering playing and Brittain on the bench. If JRC pulls up again we have a ready made replacement in a Brittain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need to get the team selection right today. JDT has lots of options, let’s hope he makes the right choices.

I’d have Thomas in for Hedges, Gally up the middle. Dolan out left. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Morton play again. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Pickering playing and Brittain on the bench. If JRC pulls up again we have a ready made replacement in a Brittain.

I would probably have Pickering on the bench and Brittain at left back.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I would probably have Pickering on the bench and Brittain at left back.

That way you have the best players starting. If as was stated earlier JRC was to get injured, Pickering is brought on at left-back and Brittain swaps to right-back 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

That way you have the best players starting. If as was stated earlier JRC was to get injured, Pickering is brought on at left-back and Brittain swaps to right-back 

I’d go with Pickering today. You lose a bit going forward but it gives a bit more defensive balance and solidarity. Hope JRC is fit, he’s the first name in the team sheet at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brittain was less than impressive against Leicester. He spent 20 minutes chasing shadows.

I didn't say he was impressive. But in my opinion Brittain is better than Pickering, in our present system.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why are Rovers making such a big deal about getting to the ground early?

Rovers store / Blues bar open from 9.30am, BOGOF offers on pies until 12noon etc. 

To wring more money out of supporters.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why are Rovers making such a big deal about getting to the ground early?

Rovers store / Blues bar open from 9.30am, BOGOF offers on pies until 12noon etc. 

Hoping for a big walk on so trying to spread arrival at Ewood as much as possible. 

As a Sky game, I doubt saying there are 500 still at the ticket office will cut much ice at 12.15

52 minutes ago, rigger said:

I didn't say he was impressive. But in my opinion Brittain is better than Pickering, in our present system.

I think you are right but @Tyrone Shoelacesis right about his performance at Leicester but I think that's the first time he looked poor so I would have him in ahead of Pickering for this one for sure.

Interesting pre-match presser. Says the way we played against Leicester is indicative of the fact we may be better suited to playing Prem teams.

Also, obviously not happy with A Wharton in training given his answer that AW has to 'do more' to get back into 1st team reckoning. JDT said the same about Garrett a few weeks ago. 

Good to see high standards being set by the manager.  

• Like 3

My prediction is that if he plays the team that won on Tues, we will play well for 90 min. 

If we replace Morton with Buckley, and bring in JRC, we will also play well for 90 min. 

If we bring in Thomas or Diaz, my prediction is that we will play less well. 

It's about shape, and energy.

Sure I'll be reminded of this at 2.30....

100% commitment for 90 min, and we'll be fine.

COYB !

15 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

And even more weirdly, Sheffield is actually a half decent place to live. I wonder if city mentality does something to people's outlook on life.. Anyway, they can be as strange as they wish, as long as they behave themselves in our quiet backwater of relative civility and charm. 

Cometh on'eth, you Blueth

It isn't, I've lived there. They call it steel city but that's because it's cold, lifeless and everyone's depressed.

I remember the shopping centre with no roof and each shop was a decent walk away from the next. It meant if it's pissing down and freezing, you can't avoid it. Then there's Meadow Hall which is just an expensive toilet.

Same with a night out, it's a nightmare in winter as the pubs/clubs are all some distance.

And everyone calls you "duck".

If you hadn't realised already I didn't enjoy my time in Sheffield.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

My prediction is that if he plays the team that won on Tues, we will play well for 90 min. 

If we replace Morton with Buckley, and bring in JRC, we will also play well for 90 min. 

If we bring in Thomas or Diaz, my prediction is that we will play less well. 

It's about shape, and energy.

Sure I'll be reminded of this at 2.30....

100% commitment for 90 min, and we'll be fine.

COYB !

Thomas replacing Hedges wouldn’t change anything imo. Hedges was wasteful against Leicester so wouldn’t be fussed if he was left out. 

8 minutes ago, booth said:

It isn't, I've lived there. They call it steel city but that's because it's cold, lifeless and everyone's depressed.

I remember the shopping centre with no roof and each shop was a decent walk away from the next. It meant if it's pissing down and freezing, you can't avoid it. Then there's Meadow Hall which is just an expensive toilet.

Same with a night out, it's a nightmare in winter as the pubs/clubs are all some distance.

And everyone calls you "duck".

If you hadn't realised already I didn't enjoy my time in Sheffield.

Brilliant City, improved massively in the past 10yrs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Thomas replacing Hedges wouldn’t change anything imo. Hedges was wasteful against Leicester so wouldn’t be fussed if he was left out. 

Thomas gets at them more than Hedges and creates space for others.

I was really encouraged to see Dolan look like a more than worthy replacement for Brereton, so I hope he's playing on the left again with Gallagher in the middle.

• Like 2