BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What a fantastic second half for Rovers as we easily played our best football of the season. On the front foot at every opportunity, pace, passing accuracy and creating lots of chances. The big question is why we had to go two down to start playing in a manner that really suits us. I didn't think we were too bad in the first half but on a few occasions we were found wanting defensively but we still dominated many aspects. I knew how Huddersfield would look to capitalise on set pieces so to concede on their first one was annoying. We were still on top though but contrived to give another soft goal away when quite simply we should do better. Scoring early in the second half have us some impetus and then for fifty minutes I don't think I have seen us dominate a game so conclusively and as I type this I still can't believe we haven't won. So many top, top performers today but JRC was beyond excellent. He could have easily had a hat trick today and that was only one aspect of his game. He was everywhere probing, sprinting, playing one-two's, tackling and passing. I don't like going over the top but I can't recall such an outstanding individual performance in the last fifteen years. Simply brilliant Joe. It was good to see the shackles off a couple of players too as they played really well and on the front foot in the second half. Adam Wharton had a great game too despite him going wide left in the second half. He put in some great crosses from there. Harry Leonard was unlucky not to cap a good debut with a goal. Hopefully he is in and around the team for the rest of the season.

One thing that really did please me was after equalising Ryan Hedges grabbed the ball out of the net and sprinted back with it to the centre spot. We weren't just happy to pull two goals back, we bloody well believed we could win it. There is still lots of football to be played yet, lots of twists and turns but if we can get close to the heights of the second half we will be playing in the playoffs, a remarkable achievement.

Overall delusional with a sprinkle of sense

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What a fantastic second half for Rovers as we easily played our best football of the season. On the front foot at every opportunity, pace, passing accuracy and creating lots of chances. The big question is why we had to go two down to start playing in a manner that really suits us. I didn't think we were too bad in the first half but on a few occasions we were found wanting defensively but we still dominated many aspects. I knew how Huddersfield would look to capitalise on set pieces so to concede on their first one was annoying. We were still on top though but contrived to give another soft goal away when quite simply we should do better. Scoring early in the second half have us some impetus and then for fifty minutes I don't think I have seen us dominate a game so conclusively and as I type this I still can't believe we haven't won. So many top, top performers today but JRC was beyond excellent. He could have easily had a hat trick today and that was only one aspect of his game. He was everywhere probing, sprinting, playing one-two's, tackling and passing. I don't like going over the top but I can't recall such an outstanding individual performance in the last fifteen years. Simply brilliant Joe. It was good to see the shackles off a couple of players too as they played really well and on the front foot in the second half. Adam Wharton had a great game too despite him going wide left in the second half. He put in some great crosses from there. Harry Leonard was unlucky not to cap a good debut with a goal. Hopefully he is in and around the team for the rest of the season.

One thing that really did please me was after equalising Ryan Hedges grabbed the ball out of the net and sprinted back with it to the centre spot. We weren't just happy to pull two goals back, we bloody well believed we could win it. There is still lots of football to be played yet, lots of twists and turns but if we can get close to the heights of the second half we will be playing in the playoffs, a remarkable achievement.

The first half we where poor, did their keeper make a save ?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but at the end of the game Diaz got on coach wearing a protective boot, A Wharton ice and heavily strapped ankle, Szomdics strapped thigh and gash on his eye, Leonard ice on ankle 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

The first half we where poor, did their keeper make a save ?

We weren't poor at all. You don't judge a performance on how many saves a goalkeeper has to make do you? We created a few chances and dominated almost every aspect.

Are you disappointed that we have come back from two goals down whilst playing excellently?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, pedrob2014 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but at the end of the game Diaz got on coach wearing a protective boot, A Wharton ice and heavily strapped ankle, Szomdics strapped thigh and gash on his eye, Leonard ice on ankle 

Lucky it wasn't the driver.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

Diaz caught one down the back of his ankle that looked nasty.

3 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

Thanks for the uplifting update 🙈

• Like 5

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

We weren't poor at all. You don't judge a performance on how many saves a goalkeeper has to make do you? We created a few chances and dominated almost every aspect.

Are you disappointed that we have come back from two goals down whilst playing excellently?

Apart from being 2-0 down. If you were happy with our first half performance you have different standards to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Personally, absolutely delighted that we found a way back and played well but gutted that we didn’t get the much needed 3 points. I think a loss would have been terminal, as it is, we still have some hope although I fear we will fall short, again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Sorry but we weren't excellent, how can we be displaying excellence and yet be 2 down?

Surely we'd be 2 up is we had truly been excelling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Personally, absolutely delighted that we found a way back and played well but gutted that we didn’t get the much needed 3 points. I think a loss would have been terminal, as it is, we still have some hope although I fear we will fall short, again.

Who knows what to expect over the next few weeks. After the tepid performances against Birmingham and Norwich though today has given me far more cause to be optimistic. Our strengths are all too apparent and if we consistently apply them who knows.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

Where did you hear this? Brereton being in a protective boot is a worry.

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I wonder if JRC could play centre foward? 🙂

His strengths are going forward, not defending, that’s for sure.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lraC said:

I do wonder if that point could prove to be crucial. I have this strange feeling that Rovers and Millwall with both need a ppojnt from that final game.

Draw 0-0 would surely then be nailed on.

I'm not so sure about that, @IraC .

If that's the case, I think the "No-one likes us; we don't care" lads from Sahf of the River will have a point to prove not only to us, but also to the other play-off contenders.

They aren't a Warnock team, but they might as well be, imo.

Just now, Hasta said:

On Huddersfield’s forum they want Dolan banned for 3 years for assaulting the ball boy. 

He wasn't a boy, early twenties I would say. He was trying to be a smart arse by not throwing the ball back to Dolan, thus preventing him from getting on with the game. If anything the Huddersfield employee, needs to be put right as to what his job entails.

• Like 4

As far as I'm concerned we're not in the top six. My logic being that I don't think we'll beat Burnley. We're in the fortunate situation that it's all in our own hands though. 

Huddersfield were there for the taking. When called upon, we didn't defend and tend well enough, but my word was the one point more than just at the end of the game. The referee let them get away with timewasting and gave a few soft decisions against Brereton especially. 

Sweaty armpits.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

He wasn't a boy, early twenties I would say. He was trying to be a smart arse by not throwing the ball back to Dolan, thus preventing him from getting on with the game. If anything the Huddersfield employee, needs to be put right as to what his job entails.

Agree. And even if he was a boy it should be his parents that teach him about life choices and repercussions. That shouldn’t be Ty’s job.