BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

17 hours ago, Ianrally said:

It’s written in the stars that it will happen.

Oh no, it isn't. And thank goodness it isn't.

That Lot will be insufferable enough celebrating their promotion; being in the position of clinching their promotion at Ewood would be unbearable.

It would be in the record books for ever and a day.

18 hours ago, rigger said:

Everyone keeps saying ball boy as if its a young lad. He was right in front of me and appeared to be at least in his twenties. I bet he was older than Dolan.

Fortunately for us, that incident seems to have gone under the radar of the Andy Robertson/linesman incident the before.

• J*B unpinned this topic
18 hours ago, bazza said:

Thanks, Broadsword. Heh! I'm 80 today. Hell, I don't feel it. I still feel like an energetic 72 year old.

Happy 70th to you, Sir  🍺 🍻

You may recall a ginger-haired Rovers-supporting Boarder at our school 60+ years ago, @bazza , who had he heard you making a boast like that, would have been asking what her name was!

Google cites the maxim, "To the pure, all things are pure" from one of the Epistles!!

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think we'll probably stick with this kamikaze style for all the games except maybe Burnley. Weve used it against Sheffield Utd twice already - one win one loss. So cant see us changing it for the likes of PNE or Millwall.

Extra body in midfield I do like, so hopefully we will keep that. But reckon JRC will continue as the most rogue "rightback" in footballing history.

In the same role as Trent Alexander Arnold; allegedly Liverpool's Right Back, @joey_big_nose?

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I remember hearing that in the summer of 95...didn't work out so great.

In fairness though, it can sometimes be the right approach. It's all situational though, you can't use that as some cast-iron rule. If you don't maintain something it will eventually become broken.

I don't recall mentioning the summer of 95, cast iron or a lack of maintenance.

They're in your head, not mine.

7 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I don't recall mentioning the summer of 95, cast iron or a lack of maintenance.

They're in your head, not mine.

Cool? Good for you. What's not so good for you of course, is your inability to understand a basic point about your flawed little mantra there. Nor your strange notion that when somebody replies to you they can only use the words and concepts in your own post in order to debunk its merits.

I'm sad for you that 1995 isn't in your head though, that was a great time. Assumed you were old enough to remember it.

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT wants his FB's to come into midfield...but no idea why he ended up on the left-wing for the 1st goal, or in the box for the 2nd goal.

JDT's obviously gone Total Football!

He was on the left for the first goal because it had just been a corner that was cleared away so was out of position

On 11/04/2023 at 13:59, booth said:

The more I watch replays of yesterdays second half performance, the more I think stick JRC up front in place of Gallagher. Put Brittain and Sorba on the flank. The lad isn't afraid to shoot and heads the ball well. He scored one and pretty much made one.

He takes his goals well when he gets the chance. I would play Diaz more central up front to get on the end of crosses from Thomas and give Leonard more game time, he looks a threat and almost scored on his debut. We have 2 home games coming up 6pts from these will put us in a healthy position. We were outsung by Norwich supporters last Friday, lets make it fortress Ewood.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Our fans had nothing to get stuck into last Friday, a poor performance and an early goal against. 

Fully agree and made a similar point the other day But it is a two way street. Sadly, it is rare that an Ewood crowd is up for it and makes the positive difference that a passionate crowd can.

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Fully agree and made a similar point the other day But it is a two way street. Sadly, it is rare that an Ewood crowd is up for it and makes the positive difference that a passionate crowd can.

The fans did what we could but like any fans, they need something on the pitch to really make some noise.

You mentioned fortress Ewood and the home record this season has been excellent. But it was the players that failed to do their bit, not the fans.

• Like 3

Manager and players bottling it has sod all to do with the crowd it's all on them everybody always turns up to cheer the team on.

Then they start passing it around at the back, giving it away to relentless counters and looking at each other like strangers and the life drains out of the stands.

Get out there get in their faces and show the intent,

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Manager and players bottling it has sod all to do with the crowd it's all on them everybody always turns up to cheer the team on.

Then they start passing it around at the back, giving it away to relentless counters and looking at each other like strangers and the life drains out of the stands.

Get out there get in their faces and show the intent,

10/10

• Like 1