BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Let's end our debate here. I think you are talking bollocks. No need to reply. 

I will reply, you clearly don't understand that everything matters whether its training or attitude or on the pitch. You seen Travis and Buckley dropped this season but didn't throw their toys of the pram but did the hard work and got back in the team.  

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will reply, you clearly don't understand that everything matters whether its training or attitude or on the pitch. You seen Travis and Buckley dropped this season but didn't throw their toys of the pram but did the hard work and got back in the team.  

They were dropped because they were playing badly on match days. Wharton wasn't.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course JDT has cos he has said the reasons why Adam hasn't played. He made similar comments about Jake Garrett but we didn't one person outcry about it. Down to Adam to put the work in on the pitch, training pitch, team meetings, tactics meetings and attitude is all important here. 

Hmm, wonder why…

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What did Adam Wharton do that was unacceptable?

Simple question.

Simple answer appreciated which may clear the air.

You are unlikely to get a simple answer, as no one on this board seems to have that answer.  Which is probably a good thing.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do we know why he was dropped exactly? Tomasson hinted at it but he certainly didn't specifically say what he had done wrong.

'Tomasson's challenge to Blackburn Rovers 'big talent' Adam Wharton | Lancashire Telegraph

Josh posted this 10 days ago. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36527-adam-wharton/?do=findComment&comment=2440990

Mellor Rover posted this 13 days ago

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36527-adam-wharton/?do=findComment&comment=2440140

• Like 2

Even if Adam Wharton’s list of misdemeanours is exactly as described, freezing out your best midfielder for nearly 6 months seems a ridiculously harsh punishment for going home in a strop and playing computer games. Players have been back quicker after biting opponents, shoving referees and taking drugs.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough. So as I thought, random bits of gossip and Tomasson suggesting that he isnt as good off the ball as on it.

He's good off the ball offensively, not defensively. He's also lightweight, but both those attributes are easier to fix than learn all the other gifts he has. I'm sure his big brother will be in his ear with a few bits of advise here and there, so I think he'll be a big player for us next season. Big game tomorrow, I wouldn't mind seeing him start ahead of Morton, though positionally they don't fill the midfield role the same way. Wharton needs more protection I think but he's our most creative player that's available so should start if we're aiming for three points.

Edited by Torgeir

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you want to treat them as gossip down to you but same people posting same info with good track records. 

Pretty sure I've seen JB himself admit he doesn't have a good track record.

3 hours ago, Torgeir said:

He's good off the ball offensively, not defensively. He's also lightweight, but both those attributes are easier to fix than learn all the other gifts he has. I'm sure his big brother will be in his ear with a few bits of advise here and there, so I think he'll be a big player for us next season. Big game tomorrow, I wouldn't mind seeing him start ahead of Morton, though positionally they don't fill the midfield role the same way. Wharton needs more protection I think but he's our most creative player that's available so should start if we're aiming for three points.

I know someone who is worse offensively and defensively, and is also lightweight but lacks the fight to make up for it. He starts every week ahead of Adam and his name is Tyler.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I only partly knew some of this, so have missed a few bits. It does sound like he could be difficult to manage, but hopefully someone can sort him out. What a shame it would be, if his apparent petulance, ruins his chances at Rovers and beyond. 

IF it’s true, and that’s a big if, surely it’s just a case of him needing to grow up a bit, like many 18 year old lads, I wouldn’t be labelling him as a ‘petulant’ character at this stage.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

If he's not been getting game time there's likely to be a reason behind it. 

Lots of speculation here. 

Why everyone is going mad about him not playing is a little strange given that he has yet to complete a full 90 minutes. 

I think he did V Blackpool, although I may be wrong.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

If he's not been getting game time there's likely to be a reason behind it. 

Lots of speculation here. 

Why everyone is going mad about him not playing is a little strange given that he has yet to complete a full 90 minutes. 

He played 90 mins against Huddersfield