BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

I feel his display second half yesterday warrants the commencement of a thread of his own, as he clearly has talent and will be more & more involved this season as it progresses.

He was excellent; his first touch, his vision, his range of passing, his desire to go forwards, and get stuck into a tackle. It was all there, really promising. 

Let's hope he can push on, gain a bit of strength & be a real asset. 

Mr & Mrs Wharton must be over the moon.

• Like 8

Was very impressed yesterday and I would most likely start him on Wednesday with Buckley struggling from a deeper role.

I still think we need another central midfielder with more experience because we are one or two injuries away from needing to use Wharton game in game out, and if his form dipped and/or he struggled with the physical intensity especially with mid week games, it would be unfair. But looks very talented and much more at home in the first team picture than Vale or Phillips.

• Like 1

I can now see the logic in not getting another cm in the transfer window. 

You generally tell straight away when you've got a player on your hands and I really think we've got a player.

Lovely left foot, read the game well and played on the front foot defensively. Much better than Buckley on the day and deserves a start midweek (I don't think he will though, think it'll be Travis and morton)

Best debut from an Academy player since probably Jones.

In fact, best debut for some time full stop.

Really liked the look of him and, based on yesterday's performance alone, looked streets ahead of the likes of Buckley.

His forward passing between the channels both accurate and timely - he and Hedges made a big difference in that second half.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Most of us want him to start on Wed but with JDT we don't know what he'll do,i would have said Markanday deserved at least a place on the bench yesterday but was shoved off to the u21's

So that's what happened to Markanday, and here's me thinkin he deserved a start.  What's he done?  Anyway this is Wharton's thread.  I have seen this kid 3 times and I love him.  I think he will be a big big player for us.  Buckley should be worried I think 

Edited by USABlue

His range of passing is something we simply don't have. Even in his fledgling career his talent, work rate and attitude are apparent. We have a real gem here and we need to treat him accordingly and play him regularly.

• Like 1

Anyone notice when his shin pads came out? Ayala picked them up and ran to the sidelines and lobbed them off, then about 30 seconds later had to run back to get them to give back to Adam. 
Ayala was holding his calf at the tIme too!

Anyway, thought he looked very good, almost gliding around but the weighting on his passing almost perfect. Would be starting ahead of Buckley on Wednesday for me as he needs a run out of the 11. 

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

So that's what happened to Markanday, and here's me thinkin he deserved a start.  What's he done?  Anyway this is Wharton's thread.  I have seen this kid 3 times and I love him.  I think he will be a big big player for us.  Buckley should be worried I think 

Something wrong with Buckley this season. Anyone heard anything?

15 minutes ago, superniko said:

Anyone notice when his shin pads came out? Ayala picked them up and ran to the sidelines and lobbed them off, then about 30 seconds later had to run back to get them to give back to Adam. 
Ayala was holding his calf at the tIme too!

Anyway, thought he looked very good, almost gliding around but the weighting on his passing almost perfect. Would be starting ahead of Buckley on Wednesday for me as he needs a run out of the 11. 

I thought that was Morton who lost a shin pad. I don't like these skimpy little shin pads that offer less protection than conventional ones. However it fits with the current trend of wearing socks half way down the calf like Grealish.

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought that was Morton who lost a shin pad. I don't like these skimpy little shin pads that offer less protection than conventional ones. However it fits with the current trend of wearing socks half way down the calf like Grealish.

Ah you’re right - it was Morton!