BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/adam-wharton.35283/

Even the opposition fans rated him. Remarkable debut. It’s easy to take our academy for granted at times but last night is a reminder as to how advantageous it is for us. Breeding 17/18 year old championship ready performers.

Think we have to go easy on the expectations for Wharton. Saw talk about England caps last night. Let’s not set him up to fail!

• Like 3

Could you merge the two, Mods? As there was some good chat post his debut on Saturday.

Passing range of Tugay, but can also screen the defence and win the ball back over all the pitch … then starting another attack.

Even Duff and Dunn didn’t make a debut like that. 

• Like 4

I’ve been watching rovers for almost 60 years. I’ve seen a lot of kids coming through the ranks and breaking into the first team. 

I also don’t go overboard about players. I’ve always looked for weaknesses in a player, things that just might stop them getting as far as they might.

I can’t think of anyone who’s impressed me more than Adam Wharton did last night. He covers the ground with ease just like Phil Jones did. He has an excellent touch. He’s supremely at ease on the ball. He knows when to play it short when necessary, when to go forwards. He has an upright stance whereby he has his head up which allows him to see everything around him. It gives him vision.

I’ve seen a lot of youngsters come onto debut and thought we could have a gem here. With Adam I just think “we HAVE a gem here. I really don’t get the feeling that he’ll fade or “might” just make a top player. 

If I were a scout at any of the top clubs he would be my number one target. I would pay whatever it takes to get him.

• Like 7

He's fucking ridiculous! Absolute class, all in one match too. That's better than a lot of players highlights reels.

(Yeh I know it's been posted above, it plays better on the mobile with youtube though)

Edited by bluebruce

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's fucking ridiculous! Absolute class, all in one match too. That's better than a lot of players highlights reels.

(Yeh I know it's been posted above, it plays better on the mobile with youtube though)

His exchange of passes on the edge of their box - with the backheel thrown in was right from the top drawer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ruaney said:

He was so effortless last night, it was a dream to watch. You have to be some player to be able to have a performance like that in second gear.

Nice to hear everyone on Sky rave about him too. It's a good job he's from Blackburn and a fan otherwise he'd be off!

Based on the two games I've seen him play, if we're not in the PL by the time he's 21, Rovers fan or not he'll be off. 

It's just the nature of the game these days. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

I think we need to come to a consensus about who Adam is the new. I’ve seen Pirlo, Pedri, Garson, Gascogne, Zidane and Hagi now.

I’m going Zidane, as much for the fact he nearly played at Ewood.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Having just looked at the Burnley thread I need to add Busquets and Xavi to the list.

Ahh so you haven't seen the Tugay and Foden comparisons then.

• Like 1