BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

15 minutes ago, den said:

I’m trying to remember when selling your best players ever worked for us. Buying good players certainly does. Selling them to pay a tax bill has no chance of working.

I'd wager it will be Wharton out and some untested kid brought in either very cheap or via ANOTHER loan. League One is impending this season or next unless the club is taken from them - make no mistake.

• Like 9

problem with selling him is who do you get to replace him at short notice and would you trust  greg and his merry men  to find an adequate replacement,id`e tell the interested clubs to come back in the summer,it`s blinding obvious he`s to good to keep playing in the championship and he`s off sooner or later

How much did we get for Phil Jones all those years ago?  Granted Jones had tested himself against Drogba et.al, but I think we should be looking at 20m + add ons.  If he was to go for 18.5m I'd want some serious add-ons in the future given his potential.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

Absolutely. In the end Venkys are just dry-fucking us harder and harder. Anyone, anyone at all, who thinks we can wait for Venkys to change their MO, or happily negotiate and agree the sale of the club, is mad. We are screwed and need this whole charade to be brought to an end, urgently, before we are left even more of a shell of a club. I pray for admin and these bastards being forced away from OUR club so we can start again.

What can we do??

9 hours ago, den said:

I’m trying to remember when selling your best players ever worked for us. Buying good players certainly does. Selling them to pay a tax bill has no chance of working.

Selling Craig Bellamy and replacing him with Benni McCarthy was an occasion when we replaced a top player successfully, but the decisions made in recent history don't augur well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

I honestly don't know, anymore. I'm just waiting and hoping, to be honest. What I can't do is accept any scenario with Venkys staying is in any way positive. 

Just keep the spotlight on them. That's really all we can do.

They absolutely do not want any attention on them. Let's give them as much as humanly possible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Just keep the spotlight on them. That's really all we can do.

They absolutely do not want any attention on them. Let's give them as much as humanly possible.

Remember the chicken protest at ewood.

They somehow survived that attention 

14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

problem with selling him is who do you get to replace him at short notice and would you trust  greg and his merry men  to find an adequate replacement,id`e tell the interested clubs to come back in the summer,it`s blinding obvious he`s to good to keep playing in the championship and he`s off sooner or later

Depends whether we can get an agreement he stays at the club till the end of the season.

I've spent the afternoon fuming about the inevitable sale of Wharton and expected the site to be in meltdown. The sale gets hardly a mention, has the deal fallen through already and he's staying? Or are posters just beaten at this point?

VENKYS OUT

• Like 1

Think we are mugs, it isn’t a good fee to receive for a player of his ability, he won’t be at palace in September and they will have made double what we get

Edited by pick32

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've spent the afternoon fuming about the inevitable sale of Wharton and expected the site to be in meltdown. The sale gets hardly a mention, has the deal fallen through already and he's staying? Or are posters just beaten at this point?

VENKYS OUT

There’s about 20 pages of it on the transfer thread…

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

VENKYS OUT

I've been giving it plenty of clog all day to the point where posters have been asking how to block me.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 15:42, den said:

'Worked out' is a bit difficult to define.

I can certainly think of several times when we've sold our best player at absolutely their top market value and when their subsequent career has been disappointing. 

Did we miss them? Almost always. Might their careers have been different had they stayed? Quite possibly. But history would tell you that selling a player when a big bid comes in is rarely a dumb decision.

Now, in spite of all that, we've consistently failed to wisely reinvest windfalls (if we even reinvest them these days). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s about 20 pages of it on the transfer thread…

I stayed away from transfer thread after I saw the 2 teams with no money and the worst owners in Championship, were fighting it out for some chap playing football in Florida, who I'm led to believe its not Messi....

Whats the popular consensus Matty?

We need the money even with billionaire owners?

The money is going towards next season promotion push 😏

Free John Bulls at the next home game?

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

I stayed away from transfer thread after I saw the 2 teams with no money and the worst owners in Championship, were fighting it out for some chap playing football in Florida, who I'm led to believe its not Messi....

Whats the popular consensus Matty?

We need the money even with billionaire owners?

The money is going towards next season promotion push 😏

Free John Bulls at the next home game?

That kind of thinking would be giving Waggott too much credit.