BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Is he the one who held the fingers up to Hyam in the first game?

I hope he’s back.

If any of our players have anything about them, they’ll be going through the back of him at the first opportunity (taking a yellow, of course).

Yeah he's had a hamstring injury.

On 22/04/2023 at 15:08, BankEnd Rover said:

I think his ball to trav for the build up to our goal is underrated. Unreal talent! 

It was a lovely pass bailed out, Morton was it?, at the same time awesome oass not many would thread that through to drop at feet like that.  Loved it.  Great goal.

17 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I think JDT has worked miracles and would be gutted if he left because of the lack of support from Swag and Broughton. A little help in January and we would have already secured our play off spot and potentially, with O’Brien and a competent striker, may well have pushed Sheffield. We still have hope, despite these blows and the hand that fate appears to have dealt us and by Christ, we are long overdue some luck and a play off place.

Found myself wondering how it would look had we done the ppwk proper and timely.

17 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I find it unbelievable that people are blaming the manager for this. I know a lot was the heat of the moment, but if people are still waking up saying it’s all on him is outrageous and clueless.

1st error - It was 30 seconds from the ref blowing his whistle l, hedges has the ball, he needs to run to the flags, hold it up or put his foot through it. If he wasn’t extremely one footed he would have at least straightened up. 

2nd error - Wharton has to just deal with it, he’s been on 2 minutes and slips.

3rd error (harsh) but Hyam has to do a little better IMO.

This is down to the players, they are experienced, enough, especially hedges!! 
They should all hang their heads in shame, which is what they did.

Pears kicking immediately into touch instead of holding the ball as long as he could.  That was huge to me too.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 12:56, rovers11 said:

There's a whole clutch of clubs that can say that though. Norwich, for example, were in an excellent position after they beat us but have capitulated since. Millwall have hit a rotten run of form, Watford are a shambles, Preston messed it up in games on paper they should have won. The list goes on. 

True, but I don't give a dam about them 🤣🤣🤣🤣