BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

11 minutes ago, booth said:

They were already all over us, ten minutes before a sub was made. As soon as Szmodics scored the team took their foot off the gas. Either that or as someone else mentioned, their nerve went.

We never try to score more than one goal ...

Sit back and hope our opponents don't score .. 

It might well be the players but I think it is the manager !

The same guy , who some people on here think is a born winner . . 

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 5

Being brought up in Preston means games against North End are bigger than the Bumley ones for me. I was utterly pissed off at the final whistle but have since mellowed.

I absolutely hate the 'project' / 'journey' shite and have switched off JDT interviews recently when it gets spouted but bigger picture, the side has come along way since the start of the season. He's seemingly learned/coached the players to be better in possession, the urgency to get forward evolved in the new year and I expect with time, game management will come too. 

I feel in some ways his hands are tied - expecting everyone of our better players to play 90 min twice a week isn't realistic. He needs to make changes but with the squad we've got, the options aren't there. We've needed a Bradley Johnson/Danny Graham on the bench the last couple of games and I've no doubt we'd have seen them out. Even Daniel Ayala - some experience who can show some nous and close the game.

I don't think the playoffs are done - I've a feeling we'll win on Tuesday and it will go to the last game. I watched North End at Millwall last week and despite winning they weren't great, we can get a result there.

Edited by JamieUK
  • Like 4

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Got a link to said post DE? Or an overview of what was said?

From memory @arbitro mentioned somebody he knew had a meeting with Broughton, and that when JDT walked past the two didn't acknowledge each other, and it seemed strange that Broughton didn't acknowledge JDT or introduce him. Pretty sure it was along those lines, but Arbitro can correct me if I'm wrong on the details. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Just seen the goal on TV for first time. Hedges still takes responsibility but ably assisted by Scott Wharton, pathetic and  Hyam shouldn’t have had a problem dealing with that and 9 out of 10, he makes a proper contact. You really couldn’t make it up 🙈

Massive self destruct. Hedges, you muppet, Wharton stay on your feet, if you foul him then do it properly and Hyam had no real pressure on him, block it or make a proper contact. Any of the above and game over 🙈

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Massive self destruct. Hedges, you muppet, Wharton stay on your feet, if you foul him then do it properly and Hyam had no real pressure on him, block it or make a proper contact. Any of the above and game over 🙈

Hyam just didn’t deal with it and there was no real danger, plenty of defenders and few white shirts. Had bags of time and it was going nowhere. Heartbreaking.

• Like 1

what the **** was hedges doing🤬,another glaring sign that we need a centre forward or two on the pitch,the amount of times we cut pne apart around the box but took an extra touch just illustrates the fact,a proper side  side would have had the game won by the hour

nothing you could do about the equaliser,**** happens,im`e quite pleased with the performance,we were far the better side in 2nd half

kudos to jdt for hauling dolan and thomas off,dolan was shocking and thomas kept moving inside for some reason

those north end fans have a serious anger issue,is it the fact that pne have done **** all since tom finney retired while all their lancashire rival have had varying degrees of success😀

• Like 2

• Backroom

As painful as this was and as much as I am dreading Tuesday due to the fact it could be horrible for many reasons I am just grateful that today isn’t the last game of the season.

The game on Tuesday provides chance to put it right and a win and we are back on track with the wind in our sails.

Big piece of man management now with Hedges, Khadra missed a late penalty last season that cost us a game then won the next game for us. Hedges does that on Tuesday and all is forgiven!

• Like 4

Hedges should have smacked that but just like BBD the other night being offside it's at the other end of the pitch to the goal we are defending. Once again it should have been dealt with there were numerous opportunities for it to be.

Once again we pay a price for trying to walk the ball in to the goal at championship level that is ridiculous.

And for probably the 5th or 6th time this season the so called defensive subs and going to 5 at the back has contributed to us shooting ourselves in the foot.

It's not funny anymore.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

Burnley seem to have taken the foot off the pedal since promotion was assured but I suspect they might just turn it up for us!

Can see WBA creeping in now at the last.

Just to put this season  in perspective though---when did we last go into the the last 3 games with something to play for?

This season has been different. Frustrating yes but infinitely better than playing out the season with nothing in it.

• Like 3

Better than last year yes and Mowbray’s ridiculous implosion but it will still be incredibly disappointing if we miss out on the playoffs having been in the top 6 for most of the season. Just a bit better late game concentration in the past 2 games and we would be 4 points better off now. It’s so frustrating and it could be made worse and the season effectively ended by the biggest insult of all with Burnley winning the title at Ewood on Tuesday 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom said:

As painful as this was and as much as I am dreading Tuesday due to the fact it could be horrible for many reasons I am just grateful that today isn’t the last game of the season.

The game on Tuesday provides chance to put it right and a win and we are back on track with the wind in our sails.

Big piece of man management now with Hedges, Khadra missed a late penalty last season that cost us a game then won the next game for us. Hedges does that on Tuesday and all is forgiven!

Yeah agree.

Mistakes were made. 

We move on.

A new day and a new game..

Come on Rovers!!

Hedges should surely go more central when he is running down on goal, showed the beeper what he was doing, criminal to put it right into his gloves. 
or like others have said, piss about with it in the corner , keep the ball. Tbf the picture of him at the whistle looked like he knew 

• Like 1

That hurt.  Not as much as it will watchin that lot celebrate.  We are so football stupid sometimes why did we not hold the ball longer when we had it.  Pears rushes a kick into touch could have held the ball for a while.  Others same crap.  Only ourselves to blame very poor time management.  Probably gone now.  JDT leaving?  Hope not.

• Like 1

Ironic that JDT spent all week repeating that they wanted to prove everyone wrong.... only to make the decisions which proved everyone right.

Our -GD will probably be worth -1 point in the end. Our general inability to score goals plus several batterings earlier in the season, may decide our fate.

• Like 3

Can you imagine what any of our legendary strikers would have done with the Hedges chance towards the end there? Actually it doesn't take any imagination at all - the ball would have been buried in the net by most putting their foot through it with glee, some might have put it in row z which would have slowed the game down anyway, but none I can think of would have lobbed it tamely back into their keeper's hands so he could go route 1 and put us under more pressure.

ANYTHING other than lobbing it back to their keeper.

We've been found out as the Frank Bruno of our league - glass jaw that just needs a good hit to shatter the fans expectations (and betting slips) into a thousand pieces.

We don't talk about Bruno.. Burno...Burnlo... ah bollix,,,, Burnlee..

53 minutes ago, cesus said:

Scott Wharton has a massive summer of graft ahead of him. The lad looks absolutely all over the place at the moment. Him coming on as sub currently means disaster.

He's gone full Harry Maguire. Not a matter of it but when. Hard to watch, heads gone it seems.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DE. said:

From memory @arbitro mentioned somebody he knew had a meeting with Broughton, and that when JDT walked past the two didn't acknowledge each other, and it seemed strange that Broughton didn't acknowledge JDT or introduce him. Pretty sure it was along those lines, but Arbitro can correct me if I'm wrong on the details. 

That is pretty much what I was told which was almost a confirmation of what was reported in the media just after the January window.

• Like 1