BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

I’m struggling to shake off the disappointment tonight - I’m normally pretty relaxed about results, win, lose or draw, but that one feels like a really tough one - maybe it’s coming so soon after what happened on Wednesday, I don’t know, but I just feel sick at the moment. 
God knows how the players must be feeling 

• Like 8

Hedges chipping that wouldn't play for me again. 

What team would that be then?

I'd take Mark Robbins In the summer and fuvk jdt off

Why would a good manager like him come to a dysfunctional club like ours?

Hedges should take it into the corner.

LOL. So a striker, clean through, one on one with keeper, should suddenly deviate and veer sharply off to the corner flag? Jeeze. Of course, Hedges finish was poor. But that didn’t cost us the game. I would argue Diaz twice minutes before had the chance to keep the ball high up the pitch but didn’t. (Caught offside again I notice.) And after Hedges failed, we were all set up behind the ball but S.Wharton again failed to defend properly. Agree that JDT didn’t help. I perfectly understand the logic of 3 at the back to deal with the aerial onslaught that is going to come in the given situation. The irony is that twice now it has upset the shape and stability of the team.

As for all these players we should just get rid of –well perhaps. Given the exhortations here there would be no players left! But then, I know you’ve all got replacements lined up with the millions we can spend.

There never is one silver bullet.

This is Rovers. This is Venkys. This is £0m received for outgoing players (value circa £27m) and sum paid for incoming players £1.75m. This is dysfunction (or conspiracy depending on you POV) that can’t do paperwork.

Generally, it seemed clear to me that he picked a team (not his best) by design hoping to do the business on the cheap so to speak, thus leaving the real war and best players for Tuesday. First half clearly showed that lack.  Pretty certain, had we been winning say 1-0 at half time, you would not have seen Diaz/Hedges. Second half, improvement came.

I suspect Diaz, Gallagher, Hedges will all start on Tuesday.

P.S. Is it the ref's fault again?

• Like 2

Anyway, trying to keep positive - 3 or 4 points from our next two games (against teams who, whilst obviously very good, don’t really have anything to play for) should mean we go into the final game with the playoffs within our grasp 

8 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

Anyway, trying to keep positive - 3 or 4 points from our next two games (against teams who, whilst obviously very good, don’t really have anything to play for) should mean we go into the final game with the playoffs within our grasp 

We're also looking good for the automatic promotion places from the off next season too providing Barnsley don't go up... 

15 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Hedges chipping that wouldn't play for me again. 

What team would that be then?

I'd take Mark Robbins In the summer and fuvk jdt off

Why would a good manager like him come to a dysfunctional club like ours?

Hedges should take it into the corner.

LOL. So a striker, clean through, one on one with keeper, should suddenly deviate and veer sharply off to the corner flag? Jeeze. Of course, Hedges finish was poor. But that didn’t cost us the game. I would argue Diaz twice minutes before had the chance to keep the ball high up the pitch but didn’t. (Caught offside again I notice.) And after Hedges failed, we were all set up behind the ball but S.Wharton again failed to defend properly. Agree that JDT didn’t help. I perfectly understand the logic of 3 at the back to deal with the aerial onslaught that is going to come in the given situation. The irony is that twice now it has upset the shape and stability of the team.

As for all these players we should just get rid of –well perhaps. Given the exhortations here there would be no players left! But then, I know you’ve all got replacements lined up with the millions we can spend.

There never is one silver bullet.

This is Rovers. This is Venkys. This is £0m received for outgoing players (value circa £27m) and sum paid for incoming players £1.75m. This is dysfunction (or conspiracy depending on you POV) that can’t do paperwork.

Generally, it seemed clear to me that he picked a team (not his best) by design hoping to do the business on the cheap so to speak, thus leaving the real war and best players for Tuesday. First half clearly showed that lack.  Pretty certain, had we been winning say 1-0 at half time, you would not have seen Diaz/Hedges. Second half, improvement came.

I suspect Diaz, Gallagher, Hedges will all start on Tuesday.

P.S. Is it the ref's fault again?

Honestly mate. It's Hedges fault. He's tried to be clever, be a showpony. If he'd done anything else we'd have seen that out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

We are really fortunate that despite slip up after slip up that we are still in with a decent shout. 

Last 2 games are ok ones to have. Millwall are feeling the strain and in poor form - albeit with a lot to play for so not ideal - whilst Luton will definitely have an eye on the playoffs making it very winnable. 

What's keeping me going is how many teams are flopping just as much as us, and may well carry us through. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

If there has to be a scapegoat it certainly isn't any of the players or management for me. The biggest error of the season was not bringing a striker in during the January window. Step forward Broughton and his recruitment team. I think they have cost us more than anything else.

54 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Why, once again,  is the ball in and around our own goal in the final moments of the game? 

Close the fucking game out!

Pulling off a DCM and a midfielder and replacing then with underplayed defenders does the trick, guaranteed by JDT.

That tactic alone caused PNE to be all over us like a bad dose of scabies.

• Like 1

Still trying to pull myself off the floor, we played well second half and just didn’t deserve that. I’m sure many would have taken a point before the match and we still have it in our own hands. Beat the Dingles and we can do it but the odds are against us, however surely our luck must change and thank God they won’t have 7,000 fans there to back them and gloat at our likely demise.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pulling off a DCM and a midfielder and replacing then with underplayed defenders does the trick, guaranteed by JDT.

I’m sorry but that’s just not true

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

I’m struggling to shake off the disappointment tonight - I’m normally pretty relaxed about results, win, lose or draw, but that one feels like a really tough one - maybe it’s coming so soon after what happened on Wednesday, I don’t know, but I just feel sick at the moment. 
God knows how the players must be feeling 

According to Kevin Gallagher after a defeat the players dismiss it straight away.  They have too it's part of their training as professionals.

Not blaming Hyam, it happens. He was unlucky. Hedges should know better. Dolan was bad but JDT dealt with it.

I'm still gutted but tomorrow's another day. 

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They were already all over us, ten minutes before a sub was made. As soon as Szmodics scored the team took their foot off the gas. Either that or as someone else mentioned, their nerve went.

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Away, lad was a rock , absolutely no blame on hyam 

I mean it's clearly a huge mistake, play that ball in 10 times over and he isn't doing it again. An easy cross to turn behind for a corner or straight out for a throw. He had a great game but that was a howler.

6 minutes ago, booth said:

They were already all over us, ten minutes before a sub was made. As soon as Szmodics scored the team took their foot off the gas. Either that or as someone else mentioned, their nerve went.

Agreed, the 89th minute subs designed to bolster an already under pressure defence just conceded more space to Preston in which to mount a constant stream of attacks.

It seemed like after we scored they were instructed or just decided they could defend the lead and fell back. I think they were instructed and hence the 89th minute subs.

Edited by AllRoverAsia