BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Scott Wharton has a massive summer of graft ahead of him. The lad looks absolutely all over the place at the moment. Him coming on as sub currently means disaster.

Fully agree with this. 

You can say it was a slip and unlucky but it's only because he's too tight and trying to get to the ball first. It's basic defending. If a player has their back to goal, especially in that position on the pitch its pretty safe. Just press him back down the field. 

By trying to steal the ball you've got to get around the man and are risking being rolled. It's utterly incompetent defending. Hedges brain fart moment shouldn't have cost us. It was stupid but it didn't leave the team out of position. Wharton did. It's hard to articulate just how much he's regressed this season. He's become an absolute liability. One of the worst players in our squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Preston brought two attackers on in Woodburn and Delap so were essentially playing four forwards. They also put an attacking midfielder on in McCann too. Thomason had to combat that.

I find it unbelievable that people are blaming the manager for this. I know a lot was the heat of the moment, but if people are still waking up saying it’s all on him is outrageous and clueless.

1st error - It was 30 seconds from the ref blowing his whistle l, hedges has the ball, he needs to run to the flags, hold it up or put his foot through it. If he wasn’t extremely one footed he would have at least straightened up. 

2nd error - Wharton has to just deal with it, he’s been on 2 minutes and slips.

3rd error (harsh) but Hyam has to do a little better IMO.

This is down to the players, they are experienced, enough, especially hedges!! 
They should all hang their heads in shame, which is what they did.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I find it unbelievable that people are blaming the manager for this. I know a lot was the heat of the moment, but if people are still waking up saying it’s all on him is outrageous and clueless.

1st error - It was 30 seconds from the ref blowing his whistle l, hedges has the ball, he needs to run to the flags, hold it up or put his foot through it. If he wasn’t extremely one footed he would have at least straightened up. 

2nd error - Wharton has to just deal with it, he’s been on 2 minutes and slips.

3rd error (harsh) but Hyam has to do a little better IMO.

This is down to the players, they are experienced, enough, especially hedges!! 
They should all hang their heads in shame, which is what they did.

I generally agree but what can Wharton do about slipping and Hyam's block could have gone anywhere. I really don't get the mentality of it has to be someone to blame when the two players were clearly unlucky.

• Like 7

You make your own luck in football, but goodness me, if we had any luck at all it’s clearly bad luck…

We didn’t deserve the late goal last night or midweek and if that shot at Sheff Utd had gone in after hitting the post we’d have been at Wembley yesterday.

Its been a season beyond my wildest expectations, I’m thankful for that much at least.

• Like 8

I know many will disagree here, but if anything, I feel sorry for JDT. He’s made some wrong choices this season, but so does every manager. But these last Two games we should have walked away with 6 points and comfortably in the play offs. He’s been let down by the players switching off for a minute & has had no support in the transfer window. 
It’s Sod’s Law now we are playing the best team in the league which will no doubt see a loss.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I generally agree but what can Wharton do about slipping and Hyam's block could have gone anywhere. I really don't get the mentality of it has to be someone to blame when the two players were clearly unlucky.

Unlucky maybe with the slip and where the ball ended up from Hyam’s boot. However, Wharton had the option to take a foul but decided against it and Hyam’s was a pretty wild swing of the boot. Both should have done better but of course, Hedges brain fart was what really cost us.

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Preston brought two attackers on in Woodburn and Delap so were essentially playing four forwards. They also put an attacking midfielder on in McCann too. Thomason had to combat that.

So go full defensive and concede midfield.

Fecking suicidal.

12 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, I think Tuesday night will be the emptiest derby we’ve seen. All for everyone to see on TV.

Id be shocked if there’s anymore than 14k on. 

I think we will see over 17k on for this massive game and lets get behind the players and remain positive 

12 hours ago, Bethnal said:

I’m still in the camp of fooling myself because I do like the manager and a lot of what he’s done, but this Remy character is supposed to be the tactician and a lot of what I see there, I don’t like.

The tactics wasn't at fault for us conceded. JDT decided to bring on Wharton on cos Preston on 4 forwards on the pitch so he wanted an extra defender on the pitch which most managers would have done. Just imagine this forum if he had done nothing and we conceded this forum would be saying why didn't he bring on extra centre back on. JDT just can't win with some fans. 

12 hours ago, barry_ said:

can't believe all you jdt appeasers.

The guys smug, idiotic.

Cost us do many games. this season.

Defeated 😞

I just don't get why people like yourself and @Waggy76are so anti JDT when he has improved and develop this team where we are in playoffs mix this season which most people didn't expect. Why such angry? 

12 hours ago, belfast_rover said:

The number of people citing JDT as somehow being at fault for a handball goal and Ryan Hedges not having the nous to simply walk to the corner is insane.

He inherited a duff squad, has improved a lot of the young players and even a few of those who were also rans before, and has struggled on making the best of what he has after the club bungled getting the reinforcements we needed in January.

Yes, he has made some errors, but that comes with the territory of managers willing to work for this batshit club with minimal budget.  I despair that anyone thinking he is part of the problem, reality is this squad would be one of the weakest ever to be promoted from this division.

JDT has been breath of fresh air and has improved our club and players on to another level since last season. 2 cup runs aswell plus Playoffs mix

• Like 2

11 hours ago, booth said:

Shout out to Sammy Szmodics, the standout player that gave 100% passion for 90 minutes this evening. I've been critical of him previously, but if only we had more of this attitude within the squad.

Stick him with a decent striker and they'll score loads next season.

Szmodics is such a good player and even when things aren't coming off for him he is still working hard and that never stops with him

11 hours ago, Gaz85 said:

I’m not having any of this “JDT at fault” nonsense. If Hedges does anything other than what he did, we go and win that game. I feel really sorry for him because he was excellent when he came on, completely changed the game.

Just when you think you’ve seen it all the other night this happens. Only fucking Rovers eh!

Hedges was good when he came on

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Ironic that JDT spent all week repeating that they wanted to prove everyone wrong.... only to make the decisions which proved everyone right.

Our -GD will probably be worth -1 point in the end. Our general inability to score goals plus several batterings earlier in the season, may decide our fate.

JDT promised Rovers would perform in this game and it wouldn't be like the previous game against them which we under perform and rightly got beat

2 hours ago, philipl said:

The close up of Hyam at the end showed how much that hurt emotionally.

You could see how much it hurt emotionally the entire playing squad and hopefully we turned that disappointed into a positive and beat those DIngles now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I know many will disagree here, but if anything, I feel sorry for JDT. He’s made some wrong choices this season, but so does every manager. But these last Two games we should have walked away with 6 points and comfortably in the play offs. He’s been let down by the players switching off for a minute & has had no support in the transfer window. 
It’s Sod’s Law now we are playing the best team in the league which will no doubt see a loss.

I think JDT has worked miracles and would be gutted if he left because of the lack of support from Swag and Broughton. A little help in January and we would have already secured our play off spot and potentially, with O’Brien and a competent striker, may well have pushed Sheffield. We still have hope, despite these blows and the hand that fate appears to have dealt us and by Christ, we are long overdue some luck and a play off place.

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Can you imagine what any of our legendary strikers would have done with the Hedges chance towards the end there? Actually it doesn't take any imagination at all - the ball would have been buried in the net by most putting their foot through it with glee, some might have put it in row z which would have slowed the game down anyway, 

BEEEEEEEEEAAAMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not to mention Luton and Millwall as well! Be a miracle if we made the 6 now.

Edited by 47er

Souness loved blaming "lady Luck" and you have to say we haven't had the rub of the green in recent weeks. Let's hope our luck turns on Tuesday but the players do need to concentrate better when we're under pressure. The catalogue or errors that led to Preston's goal should never have happened, and it's not the first time this season we've been caught out.  

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Szmodics is such a good player and even when things aren't coming off for him he is still working hard and that never stops with him

One of the few players in the squad that are capable of having a poor first half and then coming out and turning their form around for the second. 

It does stem from his hard work imo. Just keeps going and like yesterday, it started to pay off for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Souness loved blaming "lady Luck" and you have to say we haven't had the rub of the green in recent weeks. Let's hope our luck turns on Tuesday but the players do need to concentrate better when we're under pressure. The catalogue or errors that led to Preston's winner should never have happened, and it's not the first time this season we've been caught out.  

The positives for me is that our performance are getting better. A Wharton has a big part to play there but if you compare our last few games against the shambles at the start you can see development.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah I can see us getting just 2 points from these last 3 games. Which as we know won’t be enough.

It could change after the West Brom match today but at this point, I think we need to win all three to guarantee a place. I expect Coventry to win both and so only 3 wins puts us above them, that would give a place irrespective of how many points West Brom muster.

It;s been a long while since I felt as gutted walking off a ground as I did yesterday.

The reality, though, is that some of our players just aren't good enough; they're not winners.

To be where we are, when we have the likes of Dolan being anywhere near the first team, let alone starting matches, is quite an achievement when you reflect.

I still haven't given up hope of the play offs yet though. Funny things may yet still happen. We've nothing to lose now.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

those north end fans have a serious anger issue,is it the fact that pne have done **** all since tom finney retired while all their lancashire rival have had varying degrees of success😀

Since PNE were last in the top flight, it has been graced by the likes of Carlisle, Wigan, Oldham, Bradford, Barnsley, Notts County, Swindon, Millwall, Charlton..

Now there's a project for ya...

• Like 5

Szmodics the stand out player for me..gave everything.

Our travelling fans deserve better results.

Btw Lilllyshite fans,you sing 'who the fcuk are Blackburn Rovers'?...

A Club that's won a damn sight more than you small town in Blackpool Clowns.THE most successful Town club in England.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3