BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We are a decent enough second tier side, however we’ve hardly a striker to our name.

That is what will cost us… and it ain’t on the manager.

Would agree to an extent, but we didn't last year and still the way we collapsed brought justified criticism. We "tried" with Obafemi and also Maja on loan but ultimately even then we wasn't allowed money to replace Armstrong.

Also, Sunderland don't, Preston don't, West Brom don't really.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The decline in league games in April has been acute.

P 5, W 0, D 3, L 2, 3 goals scored, 6 conceded, 3 points from 15 available.

Yet we are still in a playoff position and our fate in our own hands. This highlights how, outside the top 2, bang average the league is.

On current form/results/plain luck, and looking at whom/ where we pay in our remaining fixtures, I struggle to see where our next point is coming from.

Let's hope the "twists and turns" favour Rovers.

Our next point will come in our next game, the question is, can we get three at Dumpdale ? 

I watched the sky sports highlights last night, and it has 2 or 3 replays but I can't really see the handball, definitely not how some people are describing it (catching it). There's a lot going on in the box, very crowded, it obscures the view. Anybody got a replay that shows it clearly?

Did look like he barged Pears over the line, definite foul but the ball was already past him and going in I think.

46 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Then we are literally in the same position as Coventry, Sunderland and PNE too. So it’s not exactly a miracle is it.

My point is that after a 1st season with f all support from Transfers we’ve done well. Imagine if we’d appointed Ainsworth or some of the other dross we were linked with? As frustrated & baffled I’ve been with JDT sometimes, I’m looking forward to next season, where the team have adapted and, hopefully, we have some new faces in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I'd be happy now to get to the last game against Millwall knowing it is a "win and your in" scenario. 

Like 1987, we had all basically given up and we beat Millwall, crowned as Division 2 Champions, 1:4  at the Old Den😊 What a day that was but unfortunately, we then got hammered by Chelsea ☹️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I watched the sky sports highlights last night, and it has 2 or 3 replays but I can't really see the handball, definitely not how some people are describing it (catching it). There's a lot going on in the box, very crowded, it obscures the view. Anybody got a replay that shows it clearly?

Did look like he barged Pears over the line, definite foul but the ball was already past him and going in I think.

Slow the sky frames down, even without doing that, it is clear as day that the keeper’s initial touch, not the final touch, was handball and took it towards the net. If you can’t see it, get to the opticians quickly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Would you swap squads with Luton or Millwall?

Yeah, our squad is good enough for the playoffs in every department imo except striker. 

If we can get two decent strikers in the summer we should all go into next season expecting, not hoping, for top six. Maybe even a long shot run at automatic promotion. 

Annoying that bringing in a decent striker would have seen us safe and hosed for the playoffs by now, but it is good to have confidence in the rest of the side.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Slow the sky frames down, even without doing that, it is clear as day that the keeper’s initial touch, not the final touch, was handball and took it towards the net. If you can’t see it, get to the opticians quickly.

By all means, be an ass about it.

Your snarky remark aside, I caught a possible moment where it seems to flash onto his hand as it comes in. The resolution was a bit poor though so it was hard to tell. I don't have Sky, this was Sky's website, where you can't slow the frames down.

Edited by bluebruce

Who cares which part of his body it hit - Sky and the EFL highlights team plus everyone else seem to think it's "hilarious" and are having a good old laugh at Rovers. I'm sure if Pears did it we'd get branded as unsporting. 

Lot of Cov fans laughing at our time wasting - they were genuine injuries, just like their lads in the first half. 5 mins added on in the first half, same as the second.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Your snarky remark aside, I caught a possible moment where it seems to flash onto his hand as it comes in. The resolution was a bit poor though so it was hard to tell. I don't have Sky, this was Sky's website, where you can't slow the frames down.

Apologies, just trying to convey the fact that it was a blatant handball and that it is clear from the TV footage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Hand ball or not, it counts and cant fault the ref if you have to slow it down frame by frame to see it might be a hand ball....we tied because of the negative play and subs in the last 20 min.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Hand ball or not, it counts and cant fault the ref if you have to slow it down frame by frame to see it might be a hand ball....we tied because of the negative play and subs in the last 20 min.  

It didn’t need slowing down to be fair and officials should have seen it. It was a motion towards the ball and not something that just hit him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

My point is that after a 1st season with f all support from Transfers we’ve done well. Imagine if we’d appointed Ainsworth or some of the other dross we were linked with? As frustrated & baffled I’ve been with JDT sometimes, I’m looking forward to next season, where the team have adapted and, hopefully, we have some new faces in. 

I think it will be a good season if we get in the playoffs. I really don’t subscribe to this idea that getting us near would be some sort of miracle, and the teams in and around them at the minute shows this. This season represents a fantastic opportunity, if we blow it I’ll be fuming.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As pointed out, its a bit of a false figure that could be avoided if we were run normally. We could have made over £12m within 6 months, spent roughly double the amount we did in the summer (£8m compared to £4m) and then would have had a net profit of £4m rather than a net loss on transfers. As it is, very limited in what we can do. Seems like frees and loans this summer.

Next season is not the focus. We need to play the best players we have in the here and now.

Proves my point, Diaz is not one of them at the moment.

A decade of shite so I’m now well used to bad results/performances/late goals etc, don’t take it anywhere near as badly as I used to (plus you get a bit more perspective as you get older)…

but bloody hell a day on and I’m nowhere near shaking it. We had one foot there. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A decade of shite so I’m now well used to bad results/performances/late goals etc, don’t take it anywhere near as badly as I used to (plus you get a bit more perspective as you get older)…

but bloody hell a day on and I’m nowhere near shaking it. We had one foot there. 

That’s my mantra as well but it has all gone out the window now. I’m still gutted and fuming 24 hours on just like I would have been back in the day.

18 hours ago, dallydally said:

Why on earth do we not put some players on the halfway line at a corner. The other side then have to defend that rather than have 11 in our box. Not rocket science!!

Not when they're 1-0 down in the 95th minute they don't though. But agree in general we could be a bit bolder with that. Although a highly congested box is usually harder to break through than it proved last night, so there are times when that's the right approach.

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

Stop punishing yourselves, the ref gave it, it's gone.

Of course it’s done, but I’m very disappointed that a massive win was snatched away, a potentially transformative win for the club… sorry I’m not a zombie.

Edited by Mattyblue