BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Denied late on by the woodwork at Sheffield and again today. That said the second half performance was poor and Luton were in easy control. Brereton has been useless since the World Cup break. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

9 games without a win. A paltry 5 goals scored during that time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even under Mowbray I think the maximum we went without a win was 8 games. Just when you think these kind of collapses are a thing of the past, somehow we outdo ourselves right at the end of the season. 

• Like 6

Luton were very poor but just did what they needed to do. We looked clueless once we went behind. 

Didn't think we had a hope in hell until Carter popped up and then so unlucky in injury time again with Szmodics rattling the bar. 

It's painful how much we're lacking a striker. Brereton was shocking once again. Even if he didn't have a contract elsewhere, I'd be dubious about offering him a new one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Based on JDTs body language at full time  he is leaving.

Did he have his coat on? Maybe he was bitterly disappointed like the rest of us. I wouldn't shed a tear if he left though. This season in many ways has been more frustrating and ultimately disappointing than under Mowbray last year

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted.

Another glorious opportunity this season flushed down the sh1tter.

Not a cat in hell's chance Rovers win at Millwall let alone other results go our way.  It's over.

You just know JDT will start with the same team of, IMO, half arsed, useless bottlers.

Had loads of disappointments following Rovers over the decades but to go out with a whimper like we have done in recent games is beyond the feckin pale.  Not sure I can forgive Broughton and JDT for screwing up so badly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

9 games without a win. A paltry 5 goals scored during that time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even under Mowbray I think the maximum we went without a win was 8 games. Just when you think these kind of collapses are a thing of the past, somehow we outdo ourselves right at the end of the season. 

I don’t have the stats to hand, but I feel convinced Mowbray went at least a game better than JDT (currently) has. 

9 games is absolutely pathetic though (a 5th of the season!!). If we’d just won one of them we’d be sitting pretty heading in to the final day.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

We needed a couple of bodies in the January window… O’Brien was one of them

• Like 4

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Luton were very poor but just did what they needed to do. 

Why were Luton poor? They played the game brilliantly. to their strengths, and should have won easily really

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

PNE beat or draw with S'land

Swansea beat or draw with WBA

We beat Millwall. 

It's fucking happening!

That first one is the biggest sign it won't happen. PNE have nothing of their own to play for beyond pride, and they've absolutely no inclination to do us a favour.

Sunderland to make the playoffs under smug cunt Tony Mowbray, due to us beating Millwall...how Blackburn Rovers would that be?

I'd almost rather lose to Millwall and keep Sunderland out of the playoffs than that scenario.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alcd said:

Denied late on by the woodwork at Sheffield and again today. That said the second half performance was poor and Luton were in easy control. Brereton has been useless since the World Cup break. 

Correct Brereton has been useless. I'd go as far and say we have been playing with 10 men in the last 10 games or so as Brereton has been absolutely !

• Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t have the stats to hand, but I feel convinced Mowbray went at least a game better than JDT (currently) has. 

I had a very quick look on wikipedia and could see 8 as the maximum, but it's possible we got less points during the same period as we've drawn a lot of matches during this winless run. Idk, it's shit either way.

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

We needed a couple of bodies in the January window… O’Brien was one of them

No doubt about that, but for me this run is still inexcusable. Even the teams at the very bottom of the league are picking up the odd win here and there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Did he have his coat on? Maybe he was bitterly disappointed like the rest of us. I wouldn't shed a tear if he left though. This season in many ways has been more frustrating and ultimately disappointing than under Mowbray last year

Only because we've come closer though.