BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

1 minute ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I would love Rovers to do this. I remember Southampton doing it in the early 2000's...and I think Preston did it in the mid - late 90's with some of their BAXI sponsored kits...? Might be wrong on that. Anyway, yes, it'd be amazing...and a way to involve the community potentially with submitting designs forward for a panel to choose from.

No idea how viable it is though, I just think it'd be neat (not just saying that because I enjoy doing the odd kit concept myself 😆).

Just get a local supplier - see Burton Albion.

The problem is, it takes initiative which seems to be lacking from our CEO

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just get a local supplier - see Burton Albion.

The problem is, it takes initiative which seems to be lacking from our CEO

Doing it ourselves would be a bit of a stretch even if we were run by someone who gave the slightest shred of a toss.

A local supplier and manufacturer would be the way to go, however the modern gear might not be as straightforward to manufacture as it was even 15 years ago. Take a look at the Macron shirts, they aren't as simple as what the shirts of yesteryear were.

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental that football clubs don't just make there own shirts, we could increase margins massive and sell for half the price of what we currently charge.

I'm sure none of us would care what brand it is, as long as it's nice.

Don't Marcon pay a fee for them to supply us the kits? 

1 hour ago, deanives said:

Isn't the new home shirt being unveiled today? 

it will be unveil later this week in time for the first game of the pre season on Saturday against Stanley

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, deanives said:

I thought I had read somewhere that it was 3rd July for home kit, around 17th for away and 28th for third kit

"The club’s iconic blue-and-white halves home shirt is expected to be unveiled during the week commencing Monday July 3rd and will be worn for the first time in our opening pre-season friendly against Accrington Stanley on Saturday July 8th."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Doing it ourselves would be a bit of a stretch even if we were run by someone who gave the slightest shred of a toss.

A local supplier and manufacturer would be the way to go, however the modern gear might not be as straightforward to manufacture as it was even 15 years ago. Take a look at the Macron shirts, they aren't as simple as what the shirts of yesteryear were.

I happen to run a merchandise company. It’s not hard to make things, just needs time, resources and imagination, but who can say how much of that we have at Ewood?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental that football clubs don't just make there own shirts, we could increase margins massive and sell for half the price of what we currently charge.

When you say clubs should "make their own shirts", I assume you're talking about the design, and not a loom that we spin up every twelve months. 🤔

Siggy has been knocking about at Ewood today, you'd imagine there would have been some photography in the new kit, I think they'll appear online tomorrow ahead of a Thursday launch. Unless they get some out there tonight, they do seem to be active later these days.

On 02/07/2023 at 08:54, chaddyrovers said:

but then companies like Sky wouldn't have the amount of Sports coverage which include Football, cricket, golf, F1, plus the amount of amount of excellent tv series or movies they have on their channels so then people wouldn't get to watch them and it would be back to buying boxsets and dvd's again like a few years ago. 

Yes they would. It's the same as our season tickets; you make it cheaper and people buy more of it. You might break even or even less on the main product, but make far more on the ancillary income as a consequenc.

If sky did stand alone sports for £20 for everything, I and I'm sure most people would buy it and then you're likely to get other stuff with it.

As it stands I won't pay £50+ a month JUST for sports and be forced to have loads of other shite I don't really want with it.

3 hours ago, BigUts said:

Yes they would. It's the same as our season tickets; you make it cheaper and people buy more of it. You might break even or even less on the main product, but make far more on the ancillary income as a consequenc.

No cos other companies would offer more money meaning it would move away from Sky or BT. 

3 hours ago, BigUts said:

If sky did stand alone sports for £20 for everything, I and I'm sure most people would buy it and then you're likely to get other stuff with it.

As it stands I won't pay £50+ a month JUST for sports and be forced to have loads of other shite I don't really want with it.

It's currently £30 per month for Sky Sports for myself. 

A new customer can get Sky entertainment plus all Sky Sports and Netflix for £43 per month 

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No cos other companies would offer more money meaning it would move away from Sky or BT. 

A new customer can get Sky entertainment plus all Sky Sports and Netflix for £43 per month 

Sort of, but given that you have to buy a sky package then bolt Sports onto it really puts me off. Ends up being £80-ish if I’m not mistaken? For just TV and Sports?

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Sort of, but given that you have to buy a sky package then bolt Sports onto it really puts me off. Ends up being £80-ish if I’m not mistaken? For just TV and Sports?

43 pounds which includes Sky Entertainment and Netflix plus Sky Sports. 

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If you’re new.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What about BT sport? Another £25. Then you would currently need Amazon which is another 8.99...and voila! The near £80 cost is upon us.

You don't have to die on every hill, Chaddy. You can just accept the FACT that watching sport in a legitimate way is expensive in this country and turns people to illegitimate means.

31 minutes ago, BigUts said:

What about BT sport? Another £25. Then you would currently need Amazon which is another 8.99...and voila! The near £80 cost is upon us.

You don't have to die on every hill, Chaddy. You can just accept the FACT that watching sport in a legitimate way is expensive in this country and turns people to illegitimate means.

I'm not defending him, but whether or not something is expensive is relative. Nobody is forced to subscribe and should you choose to, you don't have to subscribe to absolutely every platform and service going. Each to their own. In our household we have sky sports and BT sport, we don't have Netflix/Amazon prime/Apple TV. I'm sure plenty would choose Netflix or whatever over sports based channels. 

Anyway, maybe the home shirt will be revealed today. 

• Like 3