BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

On 22/06/2023 at 15:01, Tom said:

Definitely looks like light blue home and black away given the colours on the fixture list 

I generally hate it when we go for the lighter blue. It's not Rovers blue. It's okay every 20 years or so but feels like we've seen it a lot more frequently recently 

• Like 4

On 25/06/2023 at 21:25, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I generally hate it when we go for the lighter blue. It's not Rovers blue. It's okay every 20 years or so but feels like we've seen it a lot more frequently recently 

2014/15 and 2018/19. Before that was the early 90s. Most of our kits in our early years used the lighter blue.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, roversfan2001 said:

2014/15 and 2018/19. Before that was the early 90s. Most of our kits in our early years used the lighter blue.

04/05, 91/92. I know historically it was one of our first kits but I still strongly dislike it when it's been done recently. If they did it again now it would be way too soon.

4 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

04/05, 91/92. I know historically it was one of our first kits but I still strongly dislike it when it's been done recently. If they did it again now it would be way too soon.

If we're classing 04/05 as a lighter blue kit then most of our kits fall into that bracket!

• Like 1

The first halved kit was navy blue and white but yeah, majority of the kits after that were light blue. I personally like it. There was the kit used for 2019-2020 that I remember being lighter than normal but no one seemed to care too much. I guess it was because it was darker than the sky blue of the previous season. I do love that sky blue and white halves with the white shorts and navy socks though.

Accrington kits are available to buy now from their new kit supplier Macron (we haven't received any stock yet) and are considerably cheaper than ours. In the design they have incorporated the Nori brick.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2023/june/pride-and-passion-reds-and-macron-launch-new-bespoke-2023-24-home-kit/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Accrington kits are available to buy now from their new kit supplier Macron (we haven't received any stock yet) and are considerably cheaper than ours. In the design they have incorporated the Nori brick.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2023/june/pride-and-passion-reds-and-macron-launch-new-bespoke-2023-24-home-kit/

Is it confirmed we don't have any stock yet? Just because they're not on sale doesn't mean we haven't received any. From what I remember isn't the home shirt on sale next week?

On 19/06/2023 at 17:51, sharpysharps86 said:

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't complain about Crown Paints because they aren't a vaping company.

Like Gambling, having a Vaping Company on the front of the shirt just feels morally wrong. That is my issue with it. It also doesn't help that the Totally Wicked logo is absolutely terrible.

I wasn't a fan of last seasons home shirt so I decided to pass on it anyway, but if this season's is decent the I'll be looking at getting the women's team version providing they have a different sponsor, as they had Watson Ramsbottom Solicitors on the front last year.

Another misstep on the commercial side of things to go alongside the ridiculously expensive season ticket prices.

Nobody complained about McEwans 

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Amazing. Those supply chain issues that have plagued Rovers for the last 3-4 years must end at Whitebirk.

never seems to amazing me the lengths you go to to complain about everything. Does anything ever make you happy? 

Rovers have only been with Macron for 2 years. I stand correct on that

Edited by chaddyrovers

It’s called having standards and expecting the commercial side of the club to operate in a professional manner.

You obviously don’t have high expectations for Blackburn Rovers, but others do and those fans are well in their rights to ‘moan’ and ‘complain’ as those incompetents are not running a operation befitting of this grand old club of ours.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Vaping is only just establishing itself. The fact we are aiding that disgusts me.

Me too.

In truth in these matters I am Draconian in that I would ban alcohol, cigarettes and gambling in total.

It will never happen as they are big earners for the Exchequer so this is put ahead of public health.

I say this as a previous plonker and still smoker and know too well the adverse effects of both.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alex l said:

Is it confirmed we don't have any stock yet? Just because they're not on sale doesn't mean we haven't received any. From what I remember isn't the home shirt on sale next week?

I was in the shop on Monday and was told it was due next week. I asked which day and they didn't know and said the reason for the delay and uncertainty was because of some floods in Italy (last year it was a problem in the Suez Canal that caused the problem). If you check clubs whose kit supplier is Macron you will find plenty on sale already.

So to answer your question they have none right now. You can pre order training kit (adults sizes only though) but they aren't sure when any of that will be here.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was in the shop on Monday and was told it was due next week. I asked which day and they didn't know and said the reason for the delay and uncertainty was because of some floods in Italy (last year it was a problem in the Suez Canal that caused the problem). If you check clubs whose kit supplier is Macron you will find plenty on sale already.

So to answer your question they have none right now. You can pre order training kit (adults sizes only though) but they aren't sure when any of that will be here.

They may have meant it was due to be launched next week. The reply before yours ties in with the launch schedule which has previously been given by the club/local tabloids. Guess we'll see next week. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

never seems to amazing me the lengths you go to to complain about everything. Does anything ever make you happy? 

Rovers have only been with Macron for 2 years. I stand correct on that

You've been banging the drum for the last 2 years that our lateness in releasing new kits and issues in stocking the shop with them are out of our control and a result of covid / global supply chains.

I've just commented that a much smaller club a few miles up the road has beat us to it by several weeks with the same manufacturer despite only going with them this summer.

This of course shows that your claim was at least partly incorrect - that there are ways of getting them out more quickly and other clubs show this - so I can understand your frustration at being proven wrong again and resorting to personal comments.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You've been banging the drum for the last 2 years that our lateness in releasing new kits and issues in stocking the shop with them are out of our control and a result of covid / global supply chains.

I've just commented that a much smaller club a few miles up the road has beat us to it by several weeks with the same manufacturer despite only going with them this summer.

This of course shows that your claim was at least partly incorrect - that there are ways of getting them out more quickly and other clubs show this - so I can understand your frustration at being proven wrong again and resorting to personal comments.

To be fair, if Accy have a kit from their team wear range, then it isn't surprising to get stock earlier and get it on sale. Ours is said to be bespoke again, so can't just get a few boxes from the factory and stick the crest on. I also wouldn't class the first half of July as a late release, I seem to recall there being seasons where it wasn't even ready by the school holidays.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Which is very true and if you read the Rovers fan forum minutes plus did your research into the problems in the far east in manufacturing, distribution and shipping over the last 3 years. 

We are releasing our home kit next week so I wouldn't said several weeks ahead of us aren't they? 

We are putting them on sale next week. Just before the first pre season and just in time for summer holidays. perfect timing in my opinion 

So I'm not wrong again at all,  No personal comment was made just the way you are willing to criticise your own club at every opportunity 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which is very true and if you read the Rovers fan forum minutes plus did your research into the problems in the far east in manufacturing, distribution and shipping over the last 3 years. 

Unique shipping problems for three whole years between the far east and BB2.