BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So I'm not wrong again at all,  No personal comment was made just the way you are willing to criticise your own club at every opportunity 

*Willing to criticise those doing a poor job running the commercial operation at our own club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alex l said:

To be fair, if Accy have a kit from their team wear range, then it isn't surprising to get stock earlier and get it on sale. Ours is said to be bespoke again, so can't just get a few boxes from the factory and stick the crest on. I also wouldn't class the first half of July as a late release, I seem to recall there being seasons where it wasn't even ready by the school holidays.

Accrington's kit is bespoke with images of Nori bricks on it. If they have stock why haven't we? That's the simple question being asked.

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Unique shipping problems for three whole years between the far east and BB2.

I was told on Monday that the delay is because there were floods in Italy where they are made. It's a bit of a circuitous route to send them to the far East and down the Suez Canal for something made in Italy. Unless of course we are being fee trips once again 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was in the shop on Monday and was told it was due next week. I asked which day and they didn't know and said the reason for the delay and uncertainty was because of some floods in Italy (last year it was a problem in the Suez Canal that caused the problem). If you check clubs whose kit supplier is Macron you will find plenty on sale already.

So to answer your question they have none right now. You can pre order training kit (adults sizes only though) but they aren't sure when any of that will be here.

You can actually pre-order the kids sizes as well Tony:

https://www.roverstore.co.uk/training/2324-junior-training/

3 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

You can actually pre-order the kids sizes as well Tony:

https://www.roverstore.co.uk/training/2324-junior-training/

Thanks for letting me know windy. 

Edit: I clicked the link and delivery isn't expected until late July 😂😂

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which is very true and if you read the Rovers fan forum minutes plus did your research into the problems in the far east in manufacturing, distribution and shipping over the last 3 years. 

We are releasing our home kit next week so I wouldn't said several weeks ahead of us aren't they? 

We are putting them on sale next week. Just before the first pre season and just in time for summer holidays. perfect timing in my opinion 

So I'm not wrong again at all,  No personal comment was made just the way you are willing to criticise your own club at every opportunity 

I'd sooner criticise the club after forming a view based on the evidence I see and hear from various sources - including from third parties and other clubs - than meekly swallow every word club employees feed you without question and accept it as the gospel truth.

People like Waggott are literally paid to feed a line to the paying fans - that line being that everything is rosy in the Venky garden, that everyone is working together, that they're all doing a good job, that there is nothing at all wrong. You want to believe that line then it is clear Waggott has done his job on you.

I'd like to think I've got a bit more about me than to fall for such spin.

We will see if they actually do go on sale next week 'just in time for summer holidays'.

As I say, you've vociferously defended the Club on the kit issue for years, adamant that the Club has been utterly powerless in this and merely a victim of global supply and manufacturing issues. Once again nothing to do with us, not our fault. I don't accept that excuse. Just like I don't accept that running out of kits in October every year is good enough for a Championship football club supposedly desperate for cash.

And I'll keep on saying it and saying it until it changes and for as long as the club takes my season ticket money claiming to be hard up and struggling.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was told on Monday that the delay is because there were floods in Italy where they are made. It's a bit of a circuitous route to send them to the far East and down the Suez Canal for something made in Italy. Unless of course we are being fee trips once again 😂

As far as I'm aware they are made in Chine arbitro and then sent to Macron's distribution centre in Italy (Bergamo?). There were bad floods wherever the centre is. I remember Steve Waggott mentioning at the last Forum that he had a slight concern that there could be issues with the floods.

My understanding is that an advance delivery of kit, for the players to use and for some sales was being airfreighted across with the main order following by sea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

As far as I'm aware they are made in Chine arbitro and then sent to Macron's distribution centre in Italy (Bergamo?). There were bad floods wherever the centre is. I remember Steve Waggott mentioning at the last Forum that he had a slight concern that there could be issues with the floods.

My understanding is that an advance delivery of kit, for the players to use and for some sales was being airfreighted across with the main order following by sea.

Thanks John.

My concern/confusion is that many of the clubs with Macron kit have them for sale but it always seems to be us that suffer from such events as floods or ships stuck in the Suez Canal. 

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Thanks John.

My concern/confusion is that many of the clubs with Macron kit have them for sale but it always seems to be us that suffer from such events as floods or ships stuck in the Suez Canal. 

The line at the Forum was that the kit would be out in early July. Assuming that happens next week as sounds likely I can't see much to complain about on this front. A month before the start of the new season and before school holidays start.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd sooner criticise the club after forming a view based on the evidence I see and hear from various sources - including from third parties and other clubs - than meekly swallow every word club employees feed you without question and accept it as the gospel truth.

People like Waggott are literally paid to feed a line to the paying fans - that line being that everything is rosy in the Venky garden, that everyone is working together, that they're all doing a good job, that there is nothing at all wrong. You want to believe that line then it is clear Waggott has done his job on you.

We will see if they actually do go on sale next week 'just in time for summer holidays'.

As I say, you've vociferously defended the Club on the kit issue for years, adamant that the Club has been utterly powerless in this and merely a victim of global supply and manufacturing issues. Once again nothing to do with us, not our fault. I don't accept that excuse. Just like I don't accept that running out of kits in October every year is good enough for a Championship football club supposedly desperate for cash.

And I'll keep on saying it and saying it until it changes and for as long as the club takes my season ticket money claiming to be hard up and struggling.

I found it much simpler to do a lot of research and then speak to him. You give him options to give answers and then challenge him with the result of your research only then do you get a proper answer!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

As I say, you've vociferously defended the Club on the kit issue for years, adamant that the Club has been utterly powerless in this and merely a victim of global supply and manufacturing issues. Once again nothing to do with us, not our fault. I don't accept that excuse.

I don't need Waggott to tell me but basic common sense would tell you that Covid pandemic affected the manufacturing industry in the far east and then supply chains, distribution and shipping was all affected 

Lets see and we will see a small part of the shirt here for the launch and players with a bigger shipping here Late July/early August just in time for the summer holidays and start of the season

Just like I don't accept that running out of kits in October every year is good enough for a Championship football club supposedly desperate for cash.

Which is why people have made their pitch to Rovers which has increase what they have ordered.  from 12,000 kits to 15,000 

saying it to who? this forum? is that it? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't need Waggott to tell me but basic common sense would tell you that Covid pandemic affected the manufacturing industry in the far east and then supply chains, distribution and shipping was all affected 

Odd that these far east supply chain issues are unique to BB2… anyone would think it was actually down to an incompetent commercial team at BRFC.

• Like 5

Interesting article on a few levels. No doubt when the kits are released some will be aghast with the price - doubt it'll be these levels. Guess would be £60 a shirt. And for those criticising our lack of release as yet - seems only half the prem teams have. 

https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-12254755/Man-United-Arsenal-shirts-risen-price-14-cent-new-season.html

Screenshot_20230702-062756.png

Edited by alex l
Added article link

33 minutes ago, alex l said:

Interesting article on a few levels. No doubt when the kits are released some will be aghast with the price - doubt it'll be these levels. Guess would be £60 a shirt. And for those criticising our lack of release as yet - seems only half the prem teams have. 

https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-12254755/Man-United-Arsenal-shirts-risen-price-14-cent-new-season.html

Screenshot_20230702-062756.png

It's bollocks that it costs £24 in manufacturing costs. I can get a fake replica delivered directly from China for the £25 that's made in the same factory. 

Tha fact is; it's a piss take and the cost of shirts are ridiculous. If they charged a reasonable amount people wouldn't buy fakes. The same as people using dodgy IPTV to watch sky, BT / TNT etc. Cost of the real thing is prohibitive so people turn elsewhere. If sky charged £20 a month for a reliable service everyone in the country would probably pay it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigUts said:

It's bollocks that it costs £24 in manufacturing costs. I can get a fake replica delivered directly from China for the £25 that's made in the same factory. 

Tha fact is; it's a piss take and the cost of shirts are ridiculous. If they charged a reasonable amount people wouldn't buy fakes. The same as people using dodgy IPTV to watch sky, BT / TNT etc. Cost of the real thing is prohibitive so people turn elsewhere. If sky charged £20 a month for a reliable service everyone in the country would probably pay it.

I don't know if you've read the article or misread it, the £24 is the amount that goes to the manufacturer. The cost to make - including labour and presumably overheads - is said to be £8. And just because a fake from the same factory is a third or so of the price doesn't mean it would be made to the same standard.

This isn't me justifying the price by the way, just thought the article was relevant given the criticism to date and inevitable criticism when released. 

Do you mind! How about last season when Dack et al were photographed in it next to some rusty metal in the Riverside?

Or the year before when the shirt was hung on a coat hangar in the rafters of the JWU next to some bird shit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

The same as people using dodgy IPTV to watch sky, BT / TNT etc. Cost of the real thing is prohibitive so people turn elsewhere. If sky charged £20 a month for a reliable service everyone in the country would probably pay it.

but then companies like Sky wouldn't have the amount of Sports coverage which include Football, cricket, golf, F1, plus the amount of amount of excellent tv series or movies they have on their channels so then people wouldn't get to watch them and it would be back to buying boxsets and dvd's again like a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental that football clubs don't just make there own shirts, we could increase margins massive and sell for half the price of what we currently charge.

I'm sure none of us would care what brand it is, as long as it's nice.

I would love Rovers to do this. I remember Southampton doing it in the early 2000's...and I think Preston did it in the mid - late 90's with some of their BAXI sponsored kits...? Might be wrong on that. Anyway, yes, it'd be amazing...and a way to involve the community potentially with submitting designs forward for a panel to choose from.

No idea how viable it is though, I just think it'd be neat (not just saying that because I enjoy doing the odd kit concept myself 😆).