BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Waggott is a one trick pony and that applies to his ticketing policies and his sponsorship / commercial performance.

Low key, easy, quick, low risk, local, short term

The fact that the Totally Wicked deal lapsed, we were allegedly looking for a new sponsor, only to end up going back to Totally Wicked who signed up for a mere 12 month extension, speaks volumes.

They'll be familiar to Waggott, in his phone book, based locally and easy to sort out.

Even putting aside the morals of having a vaping company adorning our kits and training gear, it reeks to me of take the quickest and easiest option just to box the issue off. Clock ticking, embarrassing if no sponsor, so just revert to the tried and tested.

I don't buy for one minute the 'we've done all we can' routine and seriously believe that this is the best deal possible for Rovers 

I wouldn't even be that bothered about it if we weren't being told every 5 minutes that we are stuck under FFP and need to raise income. So do it then, show us how serious you are about it. 

Truth is they aren't. 

No sponsor would be far less embarrassing than the one we have.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You want to see how much NFL jerseys are.

I was in Charlotte last year - I walked into the Bank of America club shop thinking they'd perhaps be some deals. They wanted £200+ for a jersey and £80 for a cap. 

I was at Lancs CC game a couple of weeks ago and caps were £35 with Shirts £45, who in their right mind is paying £35 for a New Balance hat with a Rose on it. Madness

5 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I was at Lancs CC game a couple of weeks ago and caps were £35 with Shirts £45, who in their right mind is paying £35 for a New Balance hat with a Rose on it. Madness

Those who like the product obviously 😅

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Definitely looks like light blue home and black away given the colours on the fixture list 

I was told Black and Grey away, yellow third

On 19/06/2023 at 17:56, JHRover said:

I have explained two ways of addressing the 'FFP problem' which are more reliable steps than hoping to sell players - increase revenues through commercial income. Two fundamental steps to doing this are increasing sponsorship income and increasing shirt sales. 

We've totally failed on that front. No shirts available to buy from November onwards would be laughable if it wasn't the same club bemoaning income limitations.

You're right. Just because I can't name a company definitely interested in sponsoring Rovers' shirts means there is absolutely nobody in the world who would do it. We've scoured the globe and it just so happens the best option is one up the road already in Waggott's contact list.

Same argument about alternative owners to the wretched Venkys. Try to convince yourselves that there is no other option but the one we have. It might make you feel better but there is a big world out there.

The club ordered the same amount of shirts last season as they have for previous seasons, which haven’t sold out.

That tells us the majority of fans are at the very least, willing to overlook the sponsorship.

They club have responded, in the short term, to selling out in by enquiring about more stock, that wasn’t realistic.

They’ve responded this time by increasing their contracted order which is a risk to them given it is only last season out of the past number of seasons that sold out.

It is also worth noting that the club have acted to prevent another scenario like the Suez Canal one. It is also in response to fans who, rightly so, wanted kits available pre holiday. They now fly in, at extra cost, the first team kit and fill their container allowance with stock to sell to fans. This is whilst the rest of the stock is simultaneously shipped over.

On 19/06/2023 at 20:17, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm of the opinion that Vaping will eventually be found to be even worse than smoking.

Quite possibly, however, Totally Wicked are one of the few ‘responsible’ vaping companies. They work with health institutions to make their products a safer alternative to smoking and are actually recommended in the way e-cigs were to reduce smoking harm.

Whether you believe that is safe or not is one argument, health institutions work with Totally Wicked to be as safe as possible. 
Some will feel they’re the ‘good guys’ in that world and that’s the view Rovers have. Others will see them as part of the wider, poorly regulated industry. Fortunately I’ve never smoked and have no interest, I don’t think the logo on our shirt would’ve made me want to either but I’ll never know. McEwans Lager was always the one I wanted to order my Dad (I wasn’t old enough) but I’ve never bought a Time computer, insurance from HSA or CIS either.

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Behave, we run out *every* season.

And no other club ran out last, I know you are Swag’s knight in shining armour on here, but there is no defending his piss poor commercial operation.

Absolutely not, we do not fully run out and don’t run out as early as we did. The days when we used to sell everything for £5 because we had so much kit left will have been a financial nightmare. We have literally created a supply and demand issue, people will buy them early this season and maybe then we can keep increasing the kit quantities. If only we could do this with the tickets!

1 hour ago, laughatthedingles said:

The club ordered the same amount of shirts last season as they have for previous seasons, which haven’t sold out.

That tells us the majority of fans are at the very least, willing to overlook the sponsorship.

They club have responded, in the short term, to selling out in by enquiring about more stock, that wasn’t realistic.

They’ve responded this time by increasing their contracted order which is a risk to them given it is only last season out of the past number of seasons that sold out.

It is also worth noting that the club have acted to prevent another scenario like the Suez Canal one. It is also in response to fans who, rightly so, wanted kits available pre holiday. They now fly in, at extra cost, the first team kit and fill their container allowance with stock to sell to fans. This is whilst the rest of the stock is simultaneously shipped over.

Ah right, so let me guess, we've 'done all we can'?

Strange that every other club around was able to sell replica kits at Xmas and make money whilst we resorted to churning out some retro gear as the only option people had to buy a blue and white halved shirt.

It just isn't good enough for any business especially one pleading poverty.

• Backroom
On 21/06/2023 at 19:23, alex l said:

Another Macron effort, mileage will vary with this one. Looks like they're willing to try something different though. 

Screenshot_20230621-192144.png

Black and grey version of that could look smart.

18 minutes ago, deanives said:

Is it rumoured that our away kit is black / grey this year? I've seen murmurings on twitter with it, didn't know if there's any actual evidence that it might be? 

Plus sections of the training kit is black 

I was told:

Home: Blue and White

Away: Black and Grey

Third: Yellow with blue trim