BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

38 minutes ago, superniko said:

I see Newcastle have agreed a new sponsor - who didn’t even have a website until 2 weeks ago. 
Just the £25m a year for a company plucked out of a thin air. 
Good to see FFP having another normal one. 

As an ‘associated transaction’ this should get extra scrutiny from the authorities.

Whether or not it does is an entirely different matter…

According to Wikipedia (I know!) the company was established in 1997.

33 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

As an ‘associated transaction’ this should get extra scrutiny from the authorities.

Whether or not it does is an entirely different matter…

According to Wikipedia (I know!) the company was established in 1997.

Ha yeah I saw that 1997 too from this incredibly slick “who we are” page on their brand new website. 

As sportswashy as it gets 

2A484328-7A03-4436-9F2D-E7D6E2495757.jpeg

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, superniko said:

I see Newcastle have agreed a new sponsor - who didn’t even have a website until 2 weeks ago. 
Just the £25m a year for a company plucked out of a thin air. 
Good to see FFP having another normal one. 

Does FFP count in the premier league ?

On 12/06/2023 at 10:38, superniko said:

Ha yeah I saw that 1997 too from this incredibly slick “who we are” page on their brand new website. 

As sportswashy as it gets 

2A484328-7A03-4436-9F2D-E7D6E2495757.jpeg

Looks like they haven't even finished sorting out their coding yet, judging by all those <h2> markers.

Always been madness to me that clubs don’t pursue grocery chains as sponsors and especially now, as they’ve had a good few years.

Reading had Waitrose for a bit. The first place I’d have been going would be Booths (would look excellent in a contrast red on the front of the home kit), but we’ve got a historical link to the Co-Op (via CIS) and they’ve aggressively expanded in the north.

The most compelling thing for any sponsor would be the boon of the charitable trust we have and the work we do with a very diverse community. Our demographics coverage would be appealing and there’s no downside to them running promotions at home games, for club or sponsor. Cost of living crisis and your club is able to offer savings/discounts via their sponsor when you attend home games? 5% discount for season ticket holders? Possibilities are there for a creative commercial department. We haven’t had talent there for a while.

• Like 2

On 10/06/2023 at 02:15, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

This ruined one of Bolton's best shirts in years - it looks like a sad plea/demand.

OKXeal3GrGWvomZ.jpg

I get what you're saying, this is bad! But ours just look so amateur-ish, the logo itself. Like some 9-year old in art class tried to be edgy and drew something "cool"... 

• Like 1

Well, that's another season where I won't be buying any shirts.

I don't know who is in charge of getting sponsors etc but Recoverite aside I can't think of any since we came down to this league which didn't seem like an awful option from a brand standpoint.

• Like 5

Surprise Surprise. Local, short term, vaping. Right out of the Waggott textbook.

When the Club starts taking merchandising and sponsorship seriously - having kits available to buy and actually securing reputable and lucrative shirt sponsorship- I'll believe FFP is an issue being taken seriously 

• Like 2

Nobody complained when we had other local sponsors such as Crown Paints.

As useless as Waggott is in some aspects, his priority is to meet budget targets so your not telling me he won't have looked at other offers on the table.

None of us (to my knowledge) know how much Totally Wicked are actually paying, how it compares to previous sponsors or how the income from it ranks with other Championship clubs.