BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23/24 kit; is a new sponsor needed?

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Away black & grey, third yellow. Apparently. Could be wrong though just heard from a pal

Thanks Joe. Please keep your info coming. 

3 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

image.jpeg.fcd1a86e38c633e71f05512492b00307.jpeg

Something like this would be lovely! 😀

100% right there. That would be lovely and deffo buy from me. Its very different and its welcome. Halves should be our Home and Away kits. 

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Black and grey would be great. Reminds me of the year of THAT Reidy thunderbolt.

against Wigan. One of the best goals I've seen. Wonderful strike 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Joe. Please keep your info coming. 

Bologna became Girona, so I wouldn't place any bets on my info at the minute 😅

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Keep it coming, no matter how true it is, any crumbs to talk about. Hence the pages about Dykes maybe signing when we dont have any money anyway.

The boring 3 months of the off season!

Gives people something to talk about instead of talking about the same old points time after time. 

You mention Dykes cos we don't any money but we could make the signing now and sell someone later in the window. Fairly simple understanding that

Still waiting on news as to what we are doing with a new sponsor but expect it to once again be Totally Wicked or some other gambling / vaping rubbish.

Meanwhile newly promoted League Two side Wrexham have just signed a deal with United Airlines to sponsor their shirt.

Presumably that's beyond our small time think small operation as Waggott rings around BWDBC based companies and tries to get someone on board.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Helps when you have two Hollywood stars and a fucking Netflix documentary to be fair JH

I think you really mean it helps when you have owners that take an interest and want the club to grow/succeed.

The Hollywood lot clearly want that and actions follow words.

The idiots we are lumbered with clearly have no interest or ambition and that's why they've never deployed what must be vast connections across India and Asia to the benefit of the club. 

There are plenty who say 'but nobody is interested in clubs outside the PL or think local companies are the limit. That Wrexham deal proves that with the right ambition and connections it is possible even for a lowly 4th or 5th tier club.

Instead we've a rotting stadium and as yet no sponsor, and I expect with a waster like Waggott responsible for the next one it will be either inappropriate or not lucrative.

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think you really mean it helps when you have owners that take an interest and want the club to grow/succeed.

The Hollywood lot clearly want that and actions follow words.

The idiots we are lumbered with clearly have no interest or ambition and that's why they've never deployed what must be vast connections across India and Asia to the benefit of the club. 

There are plenty who say 'but nobody is interested in clubs outside the PL or think local companies are the limit. That Wrexham deal proves that with the right ambition and connections it is possible even for a lowly 4th or 5th tier club.

Instead we've a rotting stadium and as yet no sponsor, and I expect with a waster like Waggott responsible for the next one it will be either inappropriate or not lucrative.

If it was this simple, why dont most of the EFL have these well known sponsors (and for all we know, they could be paying a relatively low amount)? It is as simple as having famous owners has generated a lot more interest in the club and therefore being able to attract such brands. Fair play to Deadpool, he and the co-owner have executed use of their popularity to perfection. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Still waiting on news as to what we are doing with a new sponsor but expect it to once again be Totally Wicked or some other gambling / vaping rubbish.

Meanwhile newly promoted League Two side Wrexham have just signed a deal with United Airlines to sponsor their shirt.

Presumably that's beyond our small time think small operation as Waggott rings around BWDBC based companies and tries to get someone on board.

I would say that United Airlines have signed a sponsorship deal with two hollywood stars who happen to own Wrexham FC. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

I would say that the reason why Wrexham can attract United Airlines is cos of the owners. not the club. 

I guess your point is why can't the owners used their contacts in other industries to attract a bigger and better sponsor for Rovers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say that the reason why Wrexham can attract United Airlines is cos of the owners. not the club. 

I guess your point is why can't the owners used their contacts in other industries to attract a bigger and better sponsor for Rovers. 

That's partly my point yes.

Wrexham's owners have overcome the fact that they are a 4th or 5th division club and secured a sponsorship deal with a global business which is presumably very lucrative and reputable.

In 10+ years of these owners, even before then under the Walker Trust, our shirt sponsorship has been weak. Ranging from being unable to secure a sponsor at all, to a succession of unheard of finance companies with unclear backgrounds, to vaping and gambling firms.

Only once have we actually got a deal done with a global brand - Dafabet - which they ended early.

Again we keep hearing about FFP and how unfair it is. Our owners run multi billion value businesses and are prominent in India and Southern Asia. Why have they never used their connections to our advantage?

The Wrexham reference was to show evidence that global companies will get involved if the right levers are pulled.

Instead we've a joker like Waggott who can't look beyond Darwen for anything

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

That's partly my point yes.

Wrexham's owners have overcome the fact that they are a 4th or 5th division club and secured a sponsorship deal with a global business which is presumably very lucrative and reputable.

In 10+ years of these owners, even before then under the Walker Trust, our shirt sponsorship has been weak. Ranging from being unable to secure a sponsor at all, to a succession of unheard of finance companies with unclear backgrounds, to vaping and gambling firms.

Only once have we actually got a deal done with a global brand - Dafabet - which they ended early.

Again we keep hearing about FFP and how unfair it is. Our owners run multi billion value businesses and are prominent in India and Southern Asia. Why have they never used their connections to our advantage?

The Wrexham reference was to show evidence that global companies will get involved if the right levers are pulled.

Instead we've a joker like Waggott who can't look beyond Darwen for anything

I agree that the owners having business interests in India, far east and Switzerland would be able to find a good shirt sponsor 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

This made me have a look back - bloody Zebra Claims (now dissolved). Honestly the commercial operation at Ewood couldn’t scream incompetence any more if it tried yet they’re all compensated incredibly well. 

• Like 4

With the exposure we had last season Totally Wicked certainly got their money's worth and if I was looking to attract a new sponsor that (along with the extra televised games next season) should be high on the agenda when negotiating. And surely the huge spend our owners must have with their suppliers should be used to bring in extra cash through sponsorship. That however means some of our people coming out of their comfort zones and actually doing what they get paid to do. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

With the exposure we had last season Totally Wicked certainly got their money's worth and if I was looking to attract a new sponsor that (along with the extra televised games next season) should be high on the agenda when negotiating. And surely the huge spend our owners must have with their suppliers should be used to bring in extra cash through sponsorship. That however means some of our people coming out of their comfort zones and actually doing what they get paid to do. 

Too much work, it will be £200 and free vapes.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

That Bolton shirt is indeed ruined, like ours. Incidentally I did see a branch of Totally Wicked in Bridlington, when I was there a few weeks ago. Not entirely sure it was open, but I have not noticed one in Coventry, which is obviously a larger place that is not so isolated.

I stumbled past one a few weeks ago when out on the town in Preston.

As you would expect it was empty.

Edited by Polky

I've never liked any of our away kits that haven't been either yellow or black & red halves or stripes. They've always been the tradition for me. 

My mind could be changed colours wise though if that black/grey combination is true due to it fitting in with our traditional halves.

Edited by Ben-2000
  • Like 1