BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Does this guy not have his own thread? Or are my searching skills diminishing?

I'd give this guy the captaincy next season. Mr. Dependable. Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year, so clearly well-liked and respected all around. Has the experience and at the right age for it. Just do it. ✔️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, goozburger said:

I'd give this guy the captaincy next season. Mr. Dependable. Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year, so clearly well-liked and respected all around. Has the experience and at the right age for it. Just do it. ✔️

I agree with your opinion 

• 3 weeks later...

Good result.  They're definitely becoming a decent team.  No real stars but a good solid side similar to Switzerland or Denmark.  They've officially become the second best home nation.  Still a long way to go to catch England.  😉 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I see Hyam got his debut...in the 90th minute. I mean wow, what an opportunity to prove his worth...still, he will be happy with a cap at least.

Hard to argue against when those in front of him have kept haaland to a pen and thereafter won the game

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Good result.  They're definitely becoming a decent team.  No real stars but a good solid side similar to Switzerland or Denmark.  They've officially become the second best home nation.  Still a long way to go to catch England.  😉 

Scotland went with a clear game plan to frustrate Norway and keep their two best players (Haaland and Odegaard) off the ball. It wasn't pretty to watch for 85 minutes or so, but that was some sucker-punch they were dealt by Scotland! A calamitous error at the back ultimately saw Norway taking nothing from the game before Scotland had the wind in their sails to score a nice winner.

The interesting thing was seeing how Haaland and Odegaard played when they aren't alongside world class players. It makes me wonder if Dykes could play in that City team and get 30 goals in a season.

Anyway, Hyam gave away a somewhat dangerous free-kick after he came on in injury time, but ultimately did his job. Good lad.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Hard to argue against when those in front of him have kept haaland to a pen and thereafter won the game

The Porteous foul on Haaland was a total bonkers moment. Couldn't have been more obvious if he'd hit Haaland on the head with a hammer.

No way is Porteous better than Dom even if Dom's one meaningful contribution was to wrestle a free kick concession within Odergaard shooting range.

Fortunately for Dom and the Scots, Odergaard opted to pass it into touch!

Overall, for most of the game, the Scots were the antithesis of JDTball- no receiving the ball on the turn and Angus Gunn reviving the lost art of keeper goal kicks.

Fair play to Dykes for his goal and assist but had spent the previous 86 minutes looking like a poor man's Gally.

• Like 1

Dykes got no service yesterday, mostly due to Scotland's game plan, yet he pounced on a mistake by the Norwegian defence, and knew when to lay it off for the winner when he had his back to goal. I'd wager he's a more intelligent footballer than a certain striker of ours.

If nothing else, signing Dykes would make Euro 2024 much more interesting for us as Rovers supporters if Scotland make it. I've always enjoyed watching Rovers players in the major international tournaments, and with Hyam likely being in a possible tournament squad (to bring it back on topic!), it's make watching the tournament a bit more interesting.

• Like 1