BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, philipl said:

No way in my books is Porteous ahead of Hyam.

I'd have liked them both for what Watford paid for Porteous. He's a handy player - albeit we then wouldn't have seen Carter progress like he has, so it's swings and roundabouts. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

This bloke needs the captaincy ripping off him at full time. A disgrace to the shirt let alone someone the boys should look up to as our captain.

I really would put that in my top 5 worst individual Rover performances during my 30 years of following us. It was that bad.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 6

I think Sammy as capt for the remaining games has got to be worth a try. 
How can Hyam have any respect after that performance? Astonishingly bad for a player who has shown he is capable of much better in the past. Which makes his performance all the more unacceptable. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

This bloke needs the captaincy ripping off him at full time. A disgrace to the shirt let alone someone the boys should look up to as our captain.

I really would put that in my top 5 worst individual Rover performances during my 30 years of following us. It was that bad.

It was a performance that absolutely STANK. Right to the very end he was intent on giving them opportunities from nothing. Carter or even O'Riordan should take his place for the remainder of the season. And tell hias agent he needs to find another club this summer.

• Like 3

Sick of this prat now he turns up when he feels like it the rest of the time saunters around in a daze yet first to shush frustrated loyal paying fans, moan about them in meetings and on commentary,

Arrogant useless tit, first out the door in summer for me if we can get a fee.

This isn't knee jerk iv'e never taken to him he reminds me so much of Scott Dann, can be a good player but he's no captain. Didn't want to leave Coventry they had to sell him, came here to challenge the top 6 but looks disinterested half the time because that's not happening.

Just here as a stepping stone, well step off it elsewhere and lets bring a defender in who concentrates for 95 mins every game.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Sick of this prat now he turns up when he feels like it the rest of the time saunters around in a daze yet first to shush frustrated loyal paying fans, moan about them in meetings and on commentary,

Arrogant useless tit, first out the door in summer for me if we can get a fee.

This isn't knee jerk iv'e never taken to him he reminds me so much of Scott Dann, can be a good player but he's no captain. Didn't want to leave Coventry they had to sell him, came here to challenge the top 6 but looks disinterested half the time because that's not happening.

Just here as a stepping stone, well step off it elsewhere and lets bring a defender in who concentrates for 95 mins every game.

Couldn’t agree more, he genuinely is Scott Dann MK2. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toogs said:

I think Sammy as capt for the remaining games has got to be worth a try. 
How can Hyam have any respect after that performance? Astonishingly bad for a player who has shown he is capable of much better in the past. Which makes his performance all the more unacceptable. 

Would be a good idea but this Muppet won't drop him unfortunately. He doesn't even have the balls to remove him at half time 

• Like 1

I've always sensed a bitter vibe from Hyam, more so this season. Can tell that he didn't really want to come here, but Coventry gave him no choice - if they wanted him back I bet he wouldn't even hesitate.

He has no passion whatsoever for Blackburn Rovers, his heart isn't in it - yet he was made Captain.

Rip the armband clean off him, play Carter for the rest of the season and tell his agent to find him a new Club.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 7

Hyam was excellent for the first 3/4 months but has never been anywhere near that level since his injury at Rotherham. It recurred earlier this season and he's been pants since returning. Don't know if the downturn is physical or psychological but he's certainly become a liability and has to be moved on in the summer. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

I've always sensed a bitter vibe from Hyam, more so this season. Can tell that he didn't really want to come here, but Coventry gave him no choice - if they wanted him back I bet he wouldn't even hesitate.

He has no passion whatsoever for Blackburn Rovers, his heart isn't in it - yet he was made Captain.

Rip the armband clean off him, play Carter for the rest of the season and tell his agent to find him a new Club.

Yup, I would take anything between 500k and 1m for him now, just to get him out the door. As captain he is doing more harm than good with his attempts to shush the crowd and then having a go at fans for booing.

Regardless of what division we end up in I just want him stuck to bench now, play Carter and Wharton for the rest of the season, with O'Riordan in if Carter is not yet ready. 

• Like 2

Yes Dominic Hyam had a very poor performance against Bristol City where he made 3 massive mistakes but lets not over reacted cos in previous games he was very good and back to last season very good form and looking like the Hyam we voted for as Player of the season last season

• Like 1