BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

They are being investigated but there are that many breaches (115), it could be a couple of years before a decision is made apparently! 🤷‍♂️

As soon as they establish whether there’s been one breach City should be punished for that.

As soon as they establish whether there’s been a second breach City should be punished (more severely) for that one.

And so on and so forth…

If it turns out there have been a significant of breaches, I’d want there to be an investigation as to how the authorities weren’t aware of this sooner. 

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

In a lot of ways, the premier league are largely to blame for what is going on here. How can they introduce financial fair play, but then effectively allow states to own certain clubs.

Just using Newcastle, as an example, they are owned by the Saudi Arabian public investment fund, who in turn own 4 teams in the Saudi pro league. There is no financial fair play in that league.

It has already been rumored that they will start to loan players from those clubs and that is already being scrutinised. 
Should they start to look like falling foul of FFP they could simply sell one of their current players to one of those clubs for an inflated price and ensure it is enough to bring them back in line. 
When you look at the premier league accepting Abramovic and his money (which now appears to be from dubious means) as fit and proper, you have to say they have made a rod for their own backs. In truth if the likes of City and Chelsea were properly investigated it would be thank you and good night to both of them, if they got a proportionate penalty. 

Where this ends who knows, but both Leicester and Burnley are both seeking compensation from the premier league and who knows who else will jump onto the bandwagon. It is one hell of a mess. 

• Like 3

I mean surely we all know by now that a lot of the rules and regulations and their executors in the highest levels of football are weak as piss. Man City can afford pretty much an endless line of the best legal representatives in the world; anything that does get filed will come with a comparative slap on the wrist and a fine any given member of their first team could pay instantaneously.

Fit and proper, FFP, all this shite; it's all bollocks. As ever, it is only the ones without mummy and daddy on hand who shall be punished.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GHR said:

I mean surely we all know by now that a lot of the rules and regulations and their executors in the highest levels of football are weak as piss. Man City can afford pretty much an endless line of the best legal representatives in the world; anything that does get filed will come with a comparative slap on the wrist and a fine any given member of their first team could pay instantaneously.

Fit and proper, FFP, all this shite; it's all bollocks. As ever, it is only the ones without mummy and daddy on hand who shall be punished.

Which is why what I’d want to happen and what I expect will happen are two entirely different things.

A bit like being married really 😁.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no possibility of clubs owned by ME dictatorships being heavily penalised for their dodgy practices.

The UK just makes too much £££ selling them weapons and behind the scenes Gov pressure on the PL will be heavy.

As soon as the UK levied sanctions on Russian oligarchs including the previous Chelsea mob boss the money showed up in Dubai and elsewhere in the ME and we, as in UK, could do FA about it.

We, as in UK, are not as big as we would like to think.

And they say politics and sport shouldn't mix. They are having a laugh.

• Like 6

On 14/11/2023 at 00:06, riverholmes said:

The quality is great but the grotesque inequality and the people behind the clubs turning it into a close shop is something I find hard to forget. 

We are meant to forget that Roman Abramovich, Russian oligarch and funder of Palestinian home dispossession in Israel (see BBC documentary on Elad) is the modern 'builder' of Chelsea FC. And, we are to forget the US financiers and Middle Eastern dictatorships. No politics in football, goes the mantra, but football is definitely in politics, and you can't see it because no-one talks about it.

However, as long as players like Bernardo Silva are playing in the Premier League, I'll still follow it. The quality is definitely impressive, even if the style and tactics have become somewhat homogenous.

I tend to keep politics out of football and focus on the on the pitch matters mostly in my posts. 

On 14/11/2023 at 17:45, jim mk2 said:

Watching the Chelsea-Rovers game at Stamford Bridge apart from Sterling, James and Gallagher I didn't really know any of their players. Same with most Prem teams - I can name one or two in most teams but the rest are just a blank. It's not just getting older and a declining interest - I just don't identify with these teams in the same way we did 30-40 years ago

I could name 90 % of Players of PL clubs 

Having clobbered Everton and opened the door for other clubs to claim compensation from Everton, the PL has created a situation in which they will be in deep legal trouble not taking action against City and Chelsea if the charges are proven.

City have engaged 1k per hour Lord Pannick to defend them and have spun out the investigation for 5 years and counting.

I suspect the leaks and allegations of off the books bungs at Chelsea might be easier for the PL to prove and Chelsea could get hit first of the two, especially as it won't disrupt the title race if they take action now.

I still think Rovers were subjected to some extremely nefarious doings under the tantric one and could have got clobbered. If the Indian investigation currently under way looking at the birthday party finds some other rumoured Balaji transactions, things might yet get interesting for Rovers from those days. Suffice to say, the Akron birthday party happened before the rumoured incidents so if they really did happen, the current investigation presumably would be poking around at the books, bank transfers and transactions in those crazy days we were still in the PL. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You need to remember that I am passionate Rovers fan and Premier league fan. I watched PL football every weekend. 

And I applaud you for that.

It’s  still quite a claim though - identifying (keeping it to the 25 man squads) 450 out of 500 players.

Maybe it just seems unlikely given how shocking a memory I have 😁

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I get a weekend that’s not ruined by a Rovers loss. What’s not to like ?

Yes, there is also a benefit.

I've been spending my time on worthwhile causes, watching Grand Slam Darts and binge watching Chuck Connors in The Rifleman, just starting on Season 4.

Oh, and keeping current on the genocide and what 🍊 spile is spouting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, there is also a benefit.

I've been spending my time on worthwhile causes, watching Grand Slam Darts and binge watching Chuck Connors in The Rifleman, just starting on Season 4.

Oh, and keeping current on the genocide and what 🍊 spile is spouting.

I used to love “ The Rifleman “.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I tend to keep politics out of football and focus on the on the pitch matters mostly in my posts. 

I could name 90 % of Players of PL clubs 

That decision in itself is a political one which much of the football world claims to operate under. So it's quite false that football is being kept out of politics, it's just a matter of being silent about it. That is, until it is sanctioned by the state, officially or unofficially, to speak about it and everyone knows they're not going to be punished for it. E.g. It's quite acceptable to talk about the FA's ban on women's football and the movement for equality in this aspect of the modern game, even though, this is a political stance.

Edited by riverholmes