BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

12 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Solid rationale to chuck him out of the club

That is on JDT. You spent 850k on a goalkeeper and don't you don't start him. Nonsense 

I suspect it's like QB in American Football. It's such a singular / pivotal position that you can't just drop the guy - politics get involved. Once he's dropped he has to be dropped for a number of games - whereas you can sub on / off every outfield player without really upsetting the apple cart.

Suspect that's the last we'll see of Pears outside of Cup games now, thank Christ. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

No, I wouldn’t say that.

Preston at home, Burnley away off top of my head.

Performance was frustratingly good today, but nothing at the top end.

The result is abysmal, but we created enough chances to beat these four times over.

Once the new lads can come in, hopefully we’ll see a difference.

no bro..in my opinion i'm calling it worst due to the opposition and the lethargic attempt which is not JDT style ....hope our season finally starts after international break 

Totally deserved to lose. Too much cute football passing the ball around. We just dont have the players to finish the moves.

Gally is a still a joke. Travis shouldnt be anywhere in the attacking third - cant shoot cant pass. Hedges is seriously frustrating to watch - tries to be too fancy, keep passing when he's in a good position to shoot. And when he's one-on-one, he misses. The three of them should never be allowed to play as an attacking trio ever again. A. Wharton gives away too many balls. Horrible result. 

And Pears and S.Wharton are a comical pairing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Take the blue specs off mate come on. We didn’t batter them at all. 3 conceded to their 1.13 xG - another Pears masterclass.

429B21B9-A404-45CD-A490-47904027D239.jpeg

He didn't say we battered them, he said we had enough chances which we did. Good chances too, before Plymouth started playing.

• Like 1

Embarassing defeat. Can play all the pretty passing in the world but nothing in the attacking third due to a lack of quality. Full of slow, tidy players in attack who dont offer a threat.

Tomasson has not been backed by the owners, you saw that not only by the team but also the bench.

That being said, if he doesn't chuck in the new keeper over the clown that is Pears next time, thats on him. Needs to also chuck in the new striker and if fit, Sigurdsson.

Salt in the wounds with the lack of experience seeing Hyam off at half time.

• Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

Those saying A Wharton worth £15m. Never seen a player walking around with such a disappointed posture....

A joke... Wake up.

He was poor today and looked disinterested. For a guy apparently disgruntled at not playing last season, he didn't take his chance. But let's be fair, Travis was worse in the first half and Hedges was absolutely abysmal and missed a sitter. Perhaps a different game if Hedges is switched on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Been attacked on Twitter for being critical of Venkys so I better be more positive: What a great game we a playing today. Atleast we are only losing by 3. Thank you so much Venkys for taking care of us.

I think you have been badly advised posting that.

• Like 1