BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Until Jack we didn’t have a single owner. We had a board of directors & each director had a shareholding. In my living memory the biggest criticism levelled against the board was that “they don’t want promotion because they can’t afford the bonuses..” which for fans of my generation will resonate…🤨

I do remember "Sack the board" and "Spend some money or fuck off" chants over the years, but they were episodic, based on specific circumstances. 

This is so different. I has lasted for 13 years in my own case. And I have long accepted that it is mere denial to think we will ever achieve anything under their tenure.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

Its died a death because the brief news only became public knowledge a few days ago and until there is some more there isn't really a lot more to say.

Perhaps you should avoid the thread and leave it for people to vent their views on the ownership, meanwhile you could start your own pro ownership thread and point out why you love them ?

There'll be nothing more on this now unless the investigation turns up something else or it gets dropped.

I second that and would say please bring it on, if the poster wants to start a pro ownership thread.

I might be wrong, but suspect that al least 99% of the member on here (including Sympathetic Claret) consider these owners to be nothing but Charlatons.

In the whole of my time supporting Rovers, I have never known anything feel like this. Having gone through relegations, agonising play off defeats (Palace being the worst one), agonising cup defeats and losses to our local rivals, the years of torment, these people have put us through, is 100 times worse than any of those out together.

The sooner they are gone the better and I do wonder how any proper long term supporter can see it any differently.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, lraC said:

I second that and would say please bring it on, if the poster wants to start a pro ownership thread.

I might be wrong, but suspect that al least 99% of the member on here (including Sympathetic Claret) consider these owners to be nothing but Charlatons.

In the whole of my time supporting Rovers, I have never known anything feel like this. Having gone through relegations, agonising play off defeats (Palace being the worst one), agonising cup defeats and losses to our local rivals, the years of torment, these people have put us through, is 100 times worse than any of those out together.

The sooner they are gone the better and I do wonder how any proper long term supporter can see it any differently.

Stockholm syndrome?

We know Venky's got clobbered in India by the Indian Foreign Exchange Authorities for misrepresenting the purchase of Neville Palace as a chicken investment- for all we know there maybe chickens living there.

We know we were given totally misleading reasons for the budget cuts- and that is being charitable.

We know Gregg has not given his usual post-window interviews and frankly that says far far more than any interview would

And we know we have gone from having a project to not having a project.

Beyond that we are utterly in the dark. It is a bit difficult to keep a thread going about nothing..

• Like 1

'Nasty Indian government introducing punitive new tax laws that makes life much harder for poor old Venkys to pour their cash into Rovers' is a far more appealing and sellable line than 'Indian authorities seize Venky assets and investigate them for financial misconduct which means they can't / won't put as much into Rovers'

Just like 'Nasty EFL FFP rules make it much harder for poor Venkys to pour their cash into Rovers' is a far more appealing and sellable line then 'Venky's don't want to put as much in this year so have cut the budget'

If you are billionaires and like the idea of people thinking you are god's gift, unquestionable and fautless and enjoy a legion of sycophants telling you what you want to hear it makes perfect sense why those at Ewood to run a certain narrative. Unfortunately this is regurgitated almost verbatim by the local media and almost immediately a claim becomes fact.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, philipl said:

We know Venky's got clobbered in India by the Indian Foreign Exchange Authorities for misrepresenting the purchase of Neville Palace as a chicken investment- for all we know there maybe chickens living there.

We know we were given totally misleading reasons for the budget cuts- and that is being charitable.

We know Gregg has not given his usual post-window interviews and frankly that says far far more than any interview would

Beyond that we are utterly in the dark. It is a bit difficult to keep a thread going about nothing..

Although we can probably add we know the £6m fine equals the amount our budget seems to have reduced by this season.

• Like 1

Vastly reduced profits on one of their main companies, new tax levy on outward going finance taking some blame, then properties being seized to the tune of 7 million.

But we can't have a thread about it because they haven't gone bust and they haven't sold the club !

By the way before all this we sold a fixed asset called the training ground, doesn't matter how, to who etc anything like that is always a big red flag that there is trouble on the horizon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

These kind of threads down the years have often kept going because there's been a PhilipL grenade chucked in now and again.

Over to you .....

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Vastly reduced profits on one of their main companies, new tax levy on outward going finance taking some blame, then properties being seized to the tune of 7 million.

But we can't have a thread about it because they haven't gone bust and they haven't sold the club !

By the way before all this we sold a fixed asset called the training ground, doesn't matter how, to who etc anything like that is always a big red flag that there is trouble on the horizon.

It's a good point about the training ground.

I don't know which company documents declared the Neville house purchase as a Poultry related business but I wonder if we could check what the training ground purchase was declared as ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

It's a good point about the training ground.

I don't know which company documents declared the Neville house purchase as a Poultry related business but I wonder if we could check what the training ground purchase was declared as ?

Well unless someone else has tipped up the money then if its originated from the parent company i'm sure an eye will be being kept on it in the future.