BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

1 hour ago, 1874 said:

This has nothing to do with shareholders of Venkys India ltd. 

Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt Ltd is not a listed company so no public shareholders.

Venkys India Ltd has done the sleeve sponsorship.

VH group which is Venkys India and most other things in their empire's parent company is the one under scrutiny for this.

Therefore they are all effected i'd assume.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Venkys India Ltd has done the sleeve sponsorship.

VH group which is Venkys India and most other things in their empire's parent company is the one under scrutiny for this.

Therefore they are all effected i'd assume.

Venkys India is a part of VHGroup as is VHPL (who had their assets seized) but they are separate companies under the global name of VHgroup

22 hours ago, den said:

Hmmm.

There was a sudden, drastic cut to rovers budget Philip. You’re talking about a change to process. That hasn’t happened overnight.

The question I was replying to was the impact on other Indian businesses.

The sudden change for Rovers I would hazard a guess came when the Foreign Exchange people contacted Venky's with the result of their investigation and told them the punitive action to be taken.

7 hours ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

Not spam. Not sure why it came up like that. Daily Mail report about significant Indian investment into English cricket teams. 

For absolute clarity…Rajasthan Royals are owned by a company registered in UK.

https://emergingmediaventures.com

On 08/09/2023 at 02:25, Upside Down said:

Well, they did want to buy a cricket team first.

Come on venkys, sell Rovers and buy a cricket club. No one will give a fuck about you running that into the ground.

Where's the dislike button when you need it?

Unless they're buying a Hundred franchise, then they can knock themselves out. Keep these cunts out of the County game. 

• Like 2

Well this topic has died a quick death as the hoped for bankruptcy of Venkys and the jailing of the family has failed to materialise. No point wasting energy on being angry, they ain’t going anywhere. Nearly every football clubs’ fans dislike their owners, we’re no different. In my  memory, Jack Walker is the only owner Rovers’ fans have ever liked.  

• Like 2

Its died a death because the brief news only became public knowledge a few days ago and until there is some more there isn't really a lot more to say.

Perhaps you should avoid the thread and leave it for people to vent their views on the ownership, meanwhile you could start your own pro ownership thread and point out why you love them ?

There'll be nothing more on this now unless the investigation turns up something else or it gets dropped.

• Like 8

Nobody ‘disliked’ the pre Jack custodians, honourable local businessmen doing the best they could that their limited means allowed - were there grumbles? Of course, that’s football fans, but on the whole we knew they were doing a good job.

Very poor to even mention them in the same sentence as the post Jack custodians.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Giant said:

Well this topic has died a quick death as the hoped for bankruptcy of Venkys and the jailing of the family has failed to materialise. No point wasting energy on being angry, they ain’t going anywhere. Nearly every football clubs’ fans dislike their owners, we’re no different. In my  memory, Jack Walker is the only owner Rovers’ fans have ever liked.  

The club is a mess, the owners don't care, the 'board' is not worthy of the name and do nothing positive.

But, hey ho, let's just sit back and enjoy the next decade of decline.

• Like 2