BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, it stinks.

Either our local media are asleep at the wheel, which wouldn't be a surprise, or they have been asked not to report on this issue for obvious reasons.  Also, surprised at Glen's comments tonight as he would usually be banging the drum on an issue like this - I cannot recall a single posting on this MB on this issue since April last year.

Year end accounts (to 30 June 2023) for The Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic Limited are due to be filed by 31 March 2024 - think the Auditors' Report, in particular their conclusions to going concern, will make fascinating reading given this issue from April 2023 which has now come to light and all the other ongoing stuff with the Indian courts / authorities.

Local media take their stuff off social media. 

I banged this drum months ago and was told I wanted us to fail and I'm not happy I don't know what's going on, or something along those lines, as the party line from ITK and club was against this.

We were bringing loads of players in and in Greg we trust etc 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If this story was in the public domain months ago as claimed unless I missed it why wasn't it more widely reported in the local media? 

I know local football journalism has gone downhill over the years but there's still one or two reporters who know a good story when they see one

This will be in the Telegraph within the next few days. Local reporting these days basically consists of regurgitating whatever the Club tells them or keeping an eye on places such as this and Twitter and then when someone finds something they take it from there by asking Waggott or the office junior what it means. 

Of course if there was proper journalism taking place the Indian issues would have been front and centre of coverage for months now, a major issue that could potentially be the end of the Club if things go the wrong way and yet not a whisper in the local media. Disgusting. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes i keep seeing people on here and elsewhere blaming Indian Tax law changes but the is NOT the sole reason for the mess.

They've been stopped from sending money because they are under investigation for something rather serious i'e misuse of funds intended for the football club !!!

Infuriating that most don't know or want to know the true facts and always look for an excuse not to blame the owners.

This

Anyway six months late but it’s out now. Which can only be a good thing from a owner reputation point of view - a few scales may start falling out of a few fans’ eyes.

Only a few for now I’d wager as for plenty of fans it will now be the fault of the bad old Indian judiciary/government, not our benevolent owners doing everything they can to keep us from being Bury mk2.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This will be in the Telegraph within the next few days. Local reporting these days basically consists of regurgitating whatever the Club tells them or keeping an eye on places such as this and Twitter and then when someone finds something they take it from there by asking Waggott or the office junior what it means. 

Of course if there was proper journalism taking place the Indian issues would have been front and centre of coverage for months now, a major issue that could potentially be the end of the Club if things go the wrong way and yet not a whisper in the local media. Disgusting. 

Hence as per last week's Post I'm working with an investigative journalist in India to shed more light.

The truth is even Waggott don't know what's going on.

I asked him straight out, was anything else gonna come out which wasn't already out there , and he said No

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Anyway six months late but it’s out now. Which can only be a good thing from a owner reputation point of view - a few scales may start falling out of a few fans’ eyes.

Only a few for now I’d wager as it will be the bad old Indian judiciary/government’s fault, not our benevolent owners.

They wanted to send the money but the baddies wouldn’t let them 🙄

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Hence as per last week's Post I'm working with an investigative journalist in India to shed more light.

I asked him straight out, was anything else gonna come out which wasn't already out there , and he said No

Personally, I would not trust Waggott as far as I can spit.  Anything he says I would take with a pinch of salt.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I know, as I was saying that’s what was posted tonight to get the thread moving. News of winding up orders, be they threatened or otherwise have not surfaced until about an hour ago.

Think the reaction in this thread makes that clear.

It's interesting this was posted on twitter by the Trust chairman,  but not in here dont you think?

A deflection from what's a shambles on our doorstep too. 

Every time the heat arrives on results or Ewood,  by some miracle a deflection appears.

• Like 3

Why shouldn’t this be in the public domain ? It’s a threatened winding up order on our beloved football club. We have a right to know.

Why will it deflect from Ewood, I.e Swag? The bloke is a powerless chancer most fans don’t give a shit about anyway

Why will it deflect from results? Fans know this run of form is a combination of a shit window, no money, a small, young and generally poor squad and a manager that has gone into stubborn Plan A only mode.

This development just emphasises it.

Edited by Mattyblue

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A more important LT story 

"Blackburn need five signings for the perfect transfer window"

You really have to laugh!

• Like 3

I would expect Rovers to issue a statement tomorrow.

They can't bury their heads in the sand - the genie is out of the bottle.  Season ticket holders, fans and club employees have a right to know what is going on - failure to do so will only lead to wild and possibly damaging speculation and the further alienation of an already alienated fan base. 

It's reminiscent of the 'sell Brockhall' fiasco - they were found out and were forced to react.

• Like 5

Do we know if this is the only threat from HMRC. of issuing a winding up petition? This dates from last April. The funding issues have worsened. You would have to think we are struggling to pay HMRC presently 

You can shaft business partners, but when the HMRC are being short changed then you're in very bad shape. Even The Joker paid his taxes. You would think the threat of a winding up order would be major news in the area but once again so called 'journalists' have been complacent.

8f there is a winding up order, I expect the Raos to simply let us go bust. They've been so negligent and aloof, they would probably not realise if we did do a Bury. Or their arrogance and entitlement would make it go that way out of spite.

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Jim I reported, this on here last year june/July can't remember exactly when.

I was lambasted by certain posters, certain ITKs that appeared. 

I told everyone there was major cash flow issue , bills couldn't be paid including tax man and unless they got funds rapid then the club could cease..

Waggott did an interview stating no cash flow issue and the same posters took another swipe,,and continued to claim all these players were arriving

I'm sure there is posters who will remember this and I think it was in summer transfer thread.

I went against the grain throughout the summer,  and have been proven right on all accounts 

I do remember you posting that here. The Billy Bullshitters were rubbishing it. I found the timing of their presence quite convenient as far as the club goes.

You didn't go into the details that they had been threatened with a winding up order for none payments though.

• Like 2

The venkys are royally fucked. The issue is how much more damage will be done to Rovers before they are forced to sell us off. The Indian government have them by the balls (and us by extension)

The end is coming but it’s going to be a painful road. Meanwhile, we have peanuts to spend and a young, inexperienced morale depleted squad led by a manager who’s frustration is only growing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I asked him the same thing and got the same answer. Personally I think he does know more then he was letting on, but is covering it up and lying about certain things too.

My meeting with him, came about due to an E Mail I sent, regarding the illegal payments being made. Rather than replying and risking his response being in writing he invited me in. He also accidentally copied me in to an E Mail to his PA Christina Haynes who subsequently E Mailed me inviting me in.

What was even more telling was him asking me if I was recording the meeting. I wonder why he would ask that? 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Not saying I think @glen9mullan is lying obviously, but I would definitely remember anything like what has just been released, being talked about in the summer!!

It would have been taken to the FF, for sure! 

6 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

It's interesting this was posted on twitter by the Trust chairman,  but not in here dont you think?

A deflection from what's a shambles on our doorstep too. 

Every time the heat arrives on results or Ewood,  by some miracle a deflection appears.

Are you suggesting that the trust chair is a club stooge Glen?

Because that’s what this looks like to me.

He isn’t by the way.

15 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Are you suggesting that the trust chair is a club stooge Glen?

Because that’s what this looks like to me.

He isn’t by the way.

Merely pointing out it was not put in here ,

Whilst also stating that everytime the pressure is mounting on things at Ewood a deflection appears.

The venkys need to go 100% as lots have campaigned for, for years. However so does the clowns at Ewood and this cannot be lost or diluted 

Sounds like you are annoyed that he has released something you were happy to sit on - keep the mushrooms in the dark, ay? All power to Mike and the Trust I say.

How do we, the fans, remove the clowns at Ewood then? They are doing the job the owners want them to do. Cut costs, head down and crack on. They’ll go when either the owners choose to appoint someone else, they retire or they’ll be booted out the door with the owners themselves.

This isn’t going to ‘deflect’ anything, the fans already know that something is going on, a look at the events of this season tells them that, court cases in India for approval to merely pay the bills tells them that - this just confirms it, ‘history’ or not.

Edited by Mattyblue

24 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Merely pointing out it was not put in here ,

Whilst also stating that everytime the pressure is mounting on things at Ewood a deflection appears.

The venkys need to go 100% as lots have campaigned for, for years. However so does the clowns at Ewood and this cannot be lost or diluted 

Surely wouldn't the clowns go with the circus?