BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Elliot Jackson commented on the HMRC story on Twitter as it broke, so he’s obviously well aware of it - but has Blackburn Rovers being threatened by a winding up order been worth a story in the LT? It seems not. 

If you wonder why it’s so hard to wake the fans up, there’s another example.

• Like 6

Rick Parry just name checking us on Talksport for having issues with paying the bills...

Hear us all the time getting confused with Bolton in the past but he named check them too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely the end is near

With all these false dawns of Venkys finally fucking off it does feel different this time.

A 3rd party blocking them from operating the way they have for the last 12 years and making them apply for payments every quarter.. surely at some point they say "no"?

Lord knows what happens then. 

How did we get afflicted with these rats? Football is in the fucking gutter. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely the end is near

Nowhere near I would imagine.

We'll limp on like this until the Indian Government tell them they won't sanction the cash, and that I feel could be years away yet. 

2 hours ago, bobbybrfc said:

First mention I've seen of money laundering in any publication.

Judge Amit Mahajan agreed to allow the tax bill to be settled, but insisted on a bond for the same amount to be lodged with the Directorate of Enforcement (ED), an arm of the Indian government set up to target money laundering. The bond would be forfeited if it emerged the money was used for another purpose.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

With all these false dawns of Venkys finally fucking off it does feel different this time.

A 3rd party blocking them from operating the way they have for the last 12 years and making them apply for payments every quarter.. surely at some point they say "no"?

Lord knows what happens then. 

How did we get afflicted with these rats? Football is in the fucking gutter. 

Also, it may seem like the most "respectable" way out for them..i.e. an externalised " it was the judge that blocked our intention to carry on, bringing up "our baby".

I think I fear a temporary stay of execution, meaning we will be back in the same shite in a few months time.

As for your last two statements, nail on head. It sickens me what they have been allowed to do to our club.

A Wrexham fan remarked that the F.A., Premier League and EFL all have blood on their hands.

I also resent that our own MP's have not got together to achieve more. It's been 13 years FFS...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Elliot Jackson commented on the HMRC story on Twitter as it broke, so he’s obviously well aware of it - but has Blackburn Rovers being threatened by a winding up order been worth a story in the LT? It seems not. 

Venkygraph indeed!

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24058255.blackburn-chief-provides-financial-update-venkys-latest/

"It recently came to light that HMRC had issued the club with a warning over an unpaid tax bill, which could have resorted in a winding up order, last summer."

Nicely tucked away in an article.

There was a day where a day or so after the news broke the LET would have run it across the front of the paper "ROVERS THREATENED WITH WINDING UP ORDER" 

Not now though, clearly can't be upsetting someone.

There will be loads, especially older generation that still pick up the LET and won't have any clue to any of this going on, as i doubt that Elliot article will make it in there, and even if it did it's just a passing comment.

Edited by MarkBRFC

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

There was a day where a day or so after the news broke the LET would have run it across the front of the paper "ROVERS THREATENED WITH WINDING UP ORDER" 

Outside Rovers how much traffic does that place get these days? Local media is on its arse, so they are desperate for good relations with the club - feck actual journalism or even reporting considering it’s taken him till Thursday to even mention it.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

There will be loads, especially older generation that still pick up the LET and won't have any clue to any of this going on, as i doubt that Elliot article will make it in there, and even if it did it's just a passing comment.

You only have to look at the complete lack of scrutiny regarding the man in the shadows, involved at the top of the club since at least 2015 and what have they had to say about it?

Not a word, other than occasional passing references to 'the owners representative'

How about;

Who is this man?

Is he really qualified to run a football club?

What is his background?

What is his remit?

What is his actual role? Merely a messenger or de facto chairman?

All important issues in the operations of a football club, especially if he's on the payroll.

They wouldn't get away with it at most clubs of this size, most local media would ask some uncomfortable questions. Here they just play right into Venky hands.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting Preston’s financial precarious position. Administration would be a disaster for many local employees and for local suppliers, so in the short term we can only hope the money keeps coming. 

I understand the point you're making, relegation from Premiership was probably worse if truth be known, but what is the end game here Paul?

You talk about money coming in for the 'short term' but what does that achieve? Disaster in the longer term?

Something has to give and we need to think bigger picture I'm afraid. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting Preston’s financial precarious position. Administration would be a disaster for many local employees and for local suppliers, so in the short term we can only hope the money keeps coming. 

Administration wouldn't necessarily see any employees lose their jobs, if those jobs are essential for the continued functioning of the business.

Besides there's nothing to say that further cuts and job losses won't come with the next round of Venky cutbacks. 

People can lose their jobs with or without Venkys or admin. 

Conversely administration could see new owners come in who want to grow the club and with it decide to employ more people than Venkys do.

We just don't know.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You only have to look at the complete lack of scrutiny regarding the man in the shadows, involved at the top of the club since at least 2015 and what have they had to say about it?

Not a word, other than occasional passing references to 'the owners representative'

How about;

Who is this man?

Is he really qualified to run a football club?

What is his background?

What is his remit?

What is his actual role? Merely a messenger or de facto chairman?

All important issues in the operations of a football club, especially if he's on the payroll.

They wouldn't get away with it at most clubs of this size, most local media would ask some uncomfortable questions. Here they just play right into Venky hands.

Ex agent (as is Waggott). Arrived without a work permit. The club is run by 2 ex agents. 

• Like 3