BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

13 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Surely no supporter of this Club could be that blind and Stupid as to what is going on at Ewood?

Fiddling while Ewood burns comes to mind,its unfathomable how any Rovers fan who genuinely cares for this Club could come out with such bollox..its truly unfathomable!

They aren't fans. Never have been.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, robbojohnno said:

We have no hope. Just spoke to a fellow fan on the train who described the transfer window as very good under the circumstances and no concerns over the ownership. Said he felt more connected to the club than ever and that we would be in serious trouble if it wasn't for the owners. When asked about the decade absence I was told to be grateful for the monetary support over the years.

Read the Rovers Facebook page - it's full of the same sort of statements and although there's a few dissidents it seems to be the accepted narrative there where this place is very much anti-Venkys.

Have they got it right and we've got it wrong?.

17 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

That man is a cabbage. The sort of person who would believe a minister saying everything is great, when their employer goes bust and they can't find another job in his area.

There are parallels. Never question what they're doing, or that they might be corrupt, or that they might be working against your interests and in fact couldn't give two diddly-squats about you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Not true, they just don't agree with you.  Or me foe that matter.

If you're a supporter of venkys then you are not a supporter of Blackburn Rovers. 

It's like calling yourself a peace activist whilst supporting a war.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

If you're a supporter of venkys then you are not a supporter of Blackburn Rovers. 

I checked to see if we were mentioned in this article…give it time 😆

https://www.healthline.com/health/cognitive-dissonance-examples

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They aren't fans. Never have been.

37 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Not everyone sees everything in such a binary manner. By making it so divisive, you're potentially alienating people who either aren't aware of what you are or people who could join your view.

I would love Venkys to leave but on the provision we don't end up with someone worse and there's been a fair few examples of them throughout football. I also don't accept administration as being a necessary step - nevermind what happens to the club's league position, I'd be concerned for employees suddenly out of work. The academy would likely go, which along with the stadium, are jack's remaining legacy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

Not everyone sees everything in such a binary manner. By making it so divisive, you're potentially alienating people who either aren't aware of what you are or people who could join your view.

I would love Venkys to leave but on the provision we don't end up with someone worse and there's been a fair few examples of them throughout football. I also don't accept administration as being a necessary step - nevermind what happens to the club's league position, I'd be concerned for employees suddenly out of work. The academy would likely go, which along with the stadium, are jack's remaining legacy. 

All of that is likely to go with Venkys. 

There's a difference between not knowing the facts and militantly denying reality.

Good to see the Telegraph waking up to reality and doing something about it. Hopefully some of those who believe everything they read in the papers will wake up now.

"There is not a massive queue of creditable investors waiting to take over the club. Certainly not those with the ability to write off losses to the tune of circa £20 million a year"

Sadly he lets himself down with this, nobody, least of all the Telegraph reporter, knows how many people are or would be interested in taking over here, and nobody will know until the existing lot put the for sale signs up. Until then it is complete guesswork.

£20 million a year is another lazy figure thrown out there to inflate what is actually required to sustain a bottom half Championship club. It doesn't need anywhere near that amount.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

£20 million a year is another lazy figure thrown out there to inflate what is actually required to sustain a bottom half Championship club. It doesn't need anywhere near that amount.

What should be this figure? 

Hard to say as it depends on what the aim is and how far an owner wants to go. Nothing wrong with losing £20 million a year if you have something to show for it and the owner can afford it, but let's look at our peers - similar or smaller clubs who compete at this level each year and how much it costs them:

Millwall lost £12.6 million last year. The year before £13.8 million.

Preston lost £12.2 million last year. The year before £16.9 million.

Hull lost £7.9 million last year. The year before £9.7 million.

Luton lost £8 million and got promoted.

Watford lost £17 million despite a legacy of PL wages and costs.

Swansea lost £13 million

So just a few examples but I'd love to know why we couldn't quickly get down to that sort of ball park without any particular problems.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What should be this figure? 

Well if the place was managed properly it could probably be reduced to under 10 million.

We showed last season that we're really only a few good players from the playoffs at least.

No other club in this division has a history that even remotely compares to ours. If you can't market that and use it to generate revenue then it really is time to give up. 

Just look at Hull City for a comparison. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

All of that is likely to go with Venkys. 

There's a difference between not knowing the facts and militantly denying reality.

I agree. But there will be a large number of Blackburn fans who range from casually following the club and looking for results to those who wait for club or local news articles to pop up. They won't necessarily know things which have taken place. By saying they support Venkys therefore they don't support Rovers, it creates a division that wouldn't likely make them want to look into what has happened or not believe it. 

• Like 1

‘Creates division’ where? On here with a few dozen other folk who largely agree with him? It’s his opinion.

Mine is that a lot of fans struggle to realise there is a difference between ‘supporting’ the club by blindly backing who runs/owns it with wanting the best for it and calling out those that are doing it harm.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

I agree. But there will be a large number of Blackburn fans who range from casually following the club and looking for results to those who wait for club or local news articles to pop up. They won't necessarily know things which have taken place. By saying they support Venkys therefore they don't support Rovers, it creates a division that wouldn't likely make them want to look into what has happened or not believe it. 

You can school the folk that don't really know because they haven't looked into it like we have, there are clear facts that can't be argued with.

When people militantly deny reality and start making up bullshit like 'Venkys saved this club' they aren't Rovers fans. If anything they're Dingles. 

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good to see the Telegraph waking up to reality and doing something about it. Hopefully some of those who believe everything they read in the papers will wake up now.

"There is not a massive queue of creditable investors waiting to take over the club. Certainly not those with the ability to write off losses to the tune of circa £20 million a year"

Sadly he lets himself down with this, nobody, least of all the Telegraph reporter, knows how many people are or would be interested in taking over here, and nobody will know until the existing lot put the for sale signs up. Until then it is complete guesswork.

Rest of the article was highly critical though. A step forward. At last acknowledging the anti-Waggot, anti-Venkys feelings of the fans. Brave by normal LT standards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Rest of the article was highly critical though. A step forward. At last acknowledging the anti-Waggot, anti-Venkys feelings of the fans. Brave by normal LT standards.

Oh yes I agree. I just think stating the 'nobody is interested in replacing Venkys and even if they did they'd need £20 million a year' line is just quite lazy and lifted from fans comments online. 

But definitely a step forward and the type of thing that will hopefully get the relevant people sweating

Just now, JHRover said:

Oh yes I agree. I just think stating the 'nobody is interested in replacing Venkys and even if they did they'd need £20 million a year' line is just quite lazy and lifted from fans comments online. 

But definitely a step forward and the type of thing that will hopefully get the relevant people sweating

Agreed.

A little surprised but delighted with the Blackburn End yesterday.

We often forget that not everything is played out online. Yes, this place is vehemently anti-Venky, and on the flip side there are plenty elsewhere across social media still sticking with these owners (as infuriating as that is to us on here) - but the match goers are just as, if not more important and for plenty to go after them (and Waggott who will be fuming that his submarine style management hasn’t stopped him from getting it too) over singling out the easy option which is the head coach was a very promising step forward.

• Like 9