BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

6 hours ago, AAK said:

It also doesn't help them that they're next door to man City and man United. They've always been a very similarily supported club as us, we always averaged more than them in the prem, and always had better away support, I'm not making that up its factual. The problem is waggot and venkys not Bolton catchment area.

You misunderstood my post, what you just posted backed up my point.

They have a larger population but smaller catchment area. 

Always had similar attendances. 

No reason if the club was run properly we couldn't copy them 

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

If that was your point, I apologise and agree with you, always happy to hold my hands up pal.

7 hours ago, damo100 said:

Disagree, they've got a well populated and quite wide catchment area but like most North west clubs they have many others on the doorstep.

What it is with them now as iv'e already pointed out is they have a hell of a lot of young fans from the Horwich, Adlington, Chorley etc areas as well as obviously Bolton.

Because it's cheap and they are a big fish in a small pond and the young football fan just loves a bit of willy waving.

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Disagree, they've got a well populated and quite wide catchment area but like most North west clubs they have many others on the doorstep.

What it is with them now as iv'e already pointed out is they have a hell of a lot of young fans from the Horwich, Adlington, Chorley etc areas as well as obviously Bolton.

Because it's cheap and they are a big fish in a small pond and the young football fan just loves a bit of willy waving.

Looking at it geographically I disagree with you. 

Bolton are stuck in the Greater Manchester cycle of clubs, we have a much wider catchment area, for example Chorley a town you mentioned. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Looking at it geographically I disagree with you. 

Bolton are stuck in the Greater Manchester cycle of clubs, we have a much wider catchment area, for example Chorley a town you mentioned. 

Horwich is about 5 miles from Chorley, Blackburn is double that.

I live around this area i get the feel for what i'm talking about there is massive support now for BWFC naturally in Horwich but Adlington, Chorley and areas around the A58 to Wigan plus Farnworth etc.

That probably adds up to 2 or 3k extra season ticket holders taking advantage of the cheap STs.  The Bolton borough may be a similar size to BbwD but has double the popluation and it makes a difference regardless of the Manc clubs.

UTD draw a lot of regular support from Bury and Rochdale and always have as well as Bolton of course but the area between Bolton and Manchester is well built up.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 17:00, arbitro said:

And as of this morning they have sold 30,000 tickets for their playoff final against Oxford on Saturday. I shudder to think how embarrassed we would be with poor ticket sales if we ever got to Wembley under this shower. 

Oxford United sold 30,000, just let that sink in ! We are perhaps the only team in the country that is defying gravity on attendances, upwards everywhere save for Blackburn, Lancashire. Shame on you Venkys / Swag, the axis of evil.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2024 at 11:02, lraC said:

Without wanting to have a go at anyone here, especially posters on here, this is exactly why it is so important that we let it be known to the current CEO and the owners, by voting with our feet.

Yes, I know some have a sense of loyalty and will buy season tickets and go to the games, come what may, but right now, we have people purposely on the make and taking advantage of fan loyalty to simply feather their own nests.

If we simply sit back and let them get away with it, the very future of the club is a serious risk.

It is also at risk if no one buys ST or attends, we are between a rock and a hard place and it is a horrible place.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To be fair it’s not a surprise that a club like Oxford will take 30k to a Wembley game. You see it all the time for the Papa John’s etc.

Whole extended families go down etc., half of whom have never been to a game in their life.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We must have taken that many for the full members cup final and that was when we weren’t doing much in the 2 nd Division/championship as is now.

We did but we wouldn’t take that now and little Oxford United did. Makes you want to weep 🙈

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/16/dead-hand-of-the-immovable-glazers-keeps-strangling-manchester-united?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2lLVQ9AX5ho417sMHxjOotZ5m93DjI3eAbTJjBtay61x2PYNsD9IinsaU_aem_AeMJE0gIdDkKWVSX1AZxonMu5AQS578s-fUMNVX7Mqs_vOsB1IHyEgIU6iDmySs9j3O96uEPA2nOCKnypDXTG2L0

I read this piece and you could almost just change the names and you'd think, yeah, this is rovers. Such a strong feeling of deja vu.

The writer talks about asset capitalism. I think the economic term is rentier capitalism. Sitting back and living off the income of the golden goose.

At least that makes some sort of sense, if you're a beetley little weevil parasite whose station in life you owe to your accident of birth. With venkys they've long since turned the golden goose into glue. Haven't they?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/16/dead-hand-of-the-immovable-glazers-keeps-strangling-manchester-united?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2lLVQ9AX5ho417sMHxjOotZ5m93DjI3eAbTJjBtay61x2PYNsD9IinsaU_aem_AeMJE0gIdDkKWVSX1AZxonMu5AQS578s-fUMNVX7Mqs_vOsB1IHyEgIU6iDmySs9j3O96uEPA2nOCKnypDXTG2L0

I read this piece and you could almost just change the names and you'd think, yeah, this is rovers. Such a strong feeling of deja vu.

The writer talks about asset capitalism. I think the economic term is rentier capitalism. Sitting back and living off the income of the golden goose.

At least that makes some sort of sense, if you're a beetley little weevil parasite whose station in life you owe to your accident of birth. With venkys they've long since turned the golden goose into glue. Haven't they?

I quoted it in a thread the other day. Sums the Chicken Chokers up a treat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, broadsword said:

i seen it on the news the other day i hadn,t realised how bad it was 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF7FPJSALDc

"You can’t get the Glazers Venkys out. You can’t see or contact them. You can’t afford to buy their shares, and even if you could you can’t force them to sell. And you can’t overturn the culture of parasitic rentier capitalism that allows them to operate or detonate the regulatory structures that render it legal."

• Like 2

The next incoming government should make one of its promises a governing body with real teeth that will oversee the state of English football and do something about the mess it’s in. With special emphasis on the absentee owners of clubs. 

A sure fire vote winner.

• Like 5

On 19/05/2024 at 08:59, Penwortham Blue said:

Oxford United sold 30,000, just let that sink in ! We are perhaps the only team in the country that is defying gravity on attendances, upwards everywhere save for Blackburn, Lancashire. Shame on you Venkys / Swag, the axis of evil.

If rovers ever got to a final or semi final at wembley we would take 30k easily, i remember the full members cup at the old wembley, back in the days of 8/10 k attendances still took over 25k, and who could forget the millenium stadium, Many fans would come out of the shadows for sure. 

• Like 1