BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Argyle v Rovers !

Greetings from the green army.  I wanted to write earlier but my registration has only just come through!

It was a baffling game at HP last week.  You were the best between the 2 boxes that I have seen in a long time….but really poor in both boxes.  Your keeper in particular looked way out of his depth.  Is he your first choice?

We have won every league game bar 1 at HP this calendar year so there is a believe in the crowd at the moment  

We don’t really believe we will stay in the Championship too long.  We don’t lose money and have probably reached a peak with this strategy.  We have one player over the age of 28 and had the 14th best budget in league 1 last year and the worst in the Championship this year.  We aim to be athletic and buy players we can improve and sell on.  We have phenomenal recruitment but it gets harder each season….eventually someone will steal our manager and best players.  

I know Preston are losing over a million pounds a month and it’s mind boggling.  Even if they go up….they’re likely to come straight back down…..
Best of luck this year and if you find a half decent striker and keeper you’re bound to be in the top 6.  

Edited by Green Army 75
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

Greetings from the green army.  I wanted to write earlier but my registration has only just come through!

It was a baffling game at HP last week.  You were the best between the 2 boxes that I have seen in a long time….but really poor in both boxes.  Your keeper in particular looked way out of his depth.  Is he your first choice?

We have won every league game bar 1 at HP this calendar year so there is a believe in the crowd at the moment  

We don’t really believe we will stay in the Championship too long.  We don’t lose money and have probably reached a peak with this strategy.  We have one player over the age of 28 and had the 14th best budget in league 1 last year and the worst in the Championship this year.  We aim to be athletic and buy players we can improve and sell on.  We have phenomenal recruitment but it gets harder each season….eventually someone will steal our manager and best players.  

I know Preston are losing over a million pounds a month and it’s mind boggling.  Even if they go up….they’re likely to come straight back down…..
Best of luck this year and if you find a half decent striker and keeper you’re bound to be in the top 6.  

Thanks GA, that's pretty much the way I saw the game too, thought we were as good as I've seen in years in the first 20 minutes but once we inevitably conceded we lost belief.

In regard to your recruitment I've always rated Morgan Whittaker and he was one of your better players last Saturday. You've done well to tie him down as I'm pretty sure he'll go for decent money in the next couple of years.

Glad this game was early in the season as I made a weekend of it. Great weather and a good Saturday night at the Barbican - even saw semi legendary Argyle fan Pieface having a pint at The Ship and he didn't mind having a photo with my son - decent fella.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I'm pretty sure you'll do OK.

• Like 2

We do love Morgan.  

Every time he gets the ball you think something is going to happen.  

I think he loves it here as well.  The rumour is he was recalled by Swansea last January as Ipswich had promised to buy him.  (He played about 30 mins for Swansea for the rest of the season 🤷‍♂️).  

Ipswich either then did not offer enough or he refused to go to a promotion rival.  Those who are more cynical suggest Ipswich never intended to bid but just wanted to weaken a rival……

1 hour ago, Green Army 75 said:

Your keeper in particular looked way out of his depth.  Is he your first choice?

he won`t be first choice next week hopefully

alas,our achilles heel was evident last week,we just don`t have anyone to put the ball in the net,after 70 minutes we`de blown ourselves out and you just overpowered us,good luck for the rest of the season

5 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

You’ve bought a dud.  

He is a good player at this level and will score loads for you…but will always be injured.  Missed about 60% of games at least for us over 3 years.  
Get him fit and he’ll score loads…but he’s never fit.  He’s made of glass. 

Kind of a contradiction of terms there mate. 

I think we got him on a free tbh. So nowt lost in terms of money if he proves to be as you say. 

Edited by Aqualung
Add info
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

You’ve bought a dud.  

He is a good player at this level and will score loads for you…but will always be injured.  Missed about 60% of games at least for us over 3 years.  

Heard he likes a drink, really likes a  drink. True?

29 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

You’ve bought a dud. 

That's not what Rovers fans want to hear

We desperately need more and better strikers and except for an unproven young German lad Ennis is the only forward we've brought in during the entire transfer window

3 hours ago, Green Army 75 said:

You’ve bought a dud.  

Get him fit and he’ll score loads…but he’s never fit.  He’s made of glass

Is that the one he drinks from?

We knew his injury record and still went for him, but that's nothing unusual for us.

Good luck to you for your season.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Kind of a contradiction of terms there mate. 

I think we got him on a free tbh. So nowt lost in terms of money if he proves to be as you say. 

True.  

I know we offered him a contract but the rumour is you offered quadrupled his wages that we offered.  

I guess that’s the Championship for you and why we will inevitably go down. 

I hope he gets fit and scores 30 for you this season as he was part of a couple of fabulous seasons at HP and I’d love to see him go on and get a chance in the Premiership 

55 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

Ennis is the only player I know that got injured in a warm up for the first game of the season…was out for 3 months….and got re injured in the warm up of his return match and missed another 6 weeks……

He will fit in well here then. The vince Grella suite is as famous as our new bus 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

• Backroom

We bought the lad in June and he hasn't been properly fit since then. We're nearly midway through September. I don't think the fella is telling lies. He said Ennis was a good player, just unreliable. Exactly what we don't need when we otherwise have Gallagher as first choice. Unfortunately, as far as the striker position is concerned, it seems like another poor decision to compound the Hirst loan from last year. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

to be fair,it`s not ennis fault he got wacked on the knee going for a 50/50 ball against hull,he went fully in for it,that injury could have happened to anyone

i think the plymouth fans are a tad bit jealous we`ve got him,from what iv`e seen so far this season,he`s looked very sharp

Not really.  Best of luck to him. He’s earning 4 times out offer in a short career.  

However, you bought the wrong striker….Hardie is lightning quick and would score loads in your team.  I think he has 4 already.  

20 hours ago, Green Army 75 said:

You’ve bought a dud.  

That's why hes ended up here then.

Someone has seen him as a project thinking we have better standards here fitness and treatment wise ( no way am i saying this is true just echoing some of JDTS hints).

We've been this road any times before and it never works, he dos look decent though from the bits we've seen. Hopefully a cold Northern winter will toughen him up a bit.

Great to see Plymouth back at this level i don't recall that many games between us in the years iv'e been a Rover.  Should always be an upper end Championship club really should Plymouth with the size of it.

21 hours ago, Green Army 75 said:

You’ve bought a dud.  

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

4 year deal too.

12 hours ago, Green Army 75 said:

Ennis is the only player I know that got injured in a warm up for the first game of the season…was out for 3 months….and got re injured in the warm up of his return match and missed another 6 weeks……🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He will fit in well here then. The vince Grella suite is as famous as our new bus 😂

Beat me to it, Gregg.

I was going to say," So that means he'll play 6 months and score many goals and spend 3 and a half years in The Vince Grella Hospital we have at Brockhall training ground".

• Like 1

I think the implication by the club was that he was never effectively managed by Plymouth, hence the recurrent injuries - and if he's a drinker, that would absolutely have not helped at all.
No excuse, if you're a professional sportsman.

My hope is that the staff at Brockhall can get him in shape and strengthened in ways that he's never been.

Looks a player from the glimpses we've seen of him so far.