BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Indian Government didn't stop them putting funds resulting in them having to go to court to get funding into the club? 

Cost cuts began well before the Indian government got involved. 

Even before the government 'restrictions' Tomasson was told there was no cash for any signings and it was frees and loans only so I'm not having it that this 'development' has suddenly forced them onto a different track and all would be fine if it wasn't for the government.

As recently as 2021 Mowbray was allowed to assemble a squad containing the likes of Brereton, Dack, Gallagher, Armstrong, Evans, Ayala, Elliott, Holtby, Johnson, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams and many more.

It is an unexplained mystery how that was possible without FFP issues and yet a couple of years later we are supposed to believe that with a far smaller and surely cheaper squad we are 'at the limit'

So no, I don't accept what Venky stooges have to say on the subject and I think anyone who believes what Waggott has to say on this subject to be foolish.

The more plausible explanation is that Venkys have simply decided to cut their investment. That's up to them. Their money. Their fault when it goes tits up, not FFP or the Indian government.

• Like 9

Actually the Indian authorities froze their company from transferring funds due to investigations for possible tax avoidance.

The govt thing is a bit of a red herring as although they've increased the tax that doesn't mean they stopped money transfer they just want a bigger slice of it.  No wonder really seeing as how much has been sent over here in the last decade seemingly for no return or real investment.

During all this what if anything is there to stop say Mr B or another of the mob giving or lending Rovers a lump of their own personal cash ?

Nothing from where i can see apart from a hefty govt levy but they've never worked like that have they, no it's company profit soakaway.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Cost cuts began well before the Indian government got involved. 

How far are we going back in time? 

Even before the government 'restrictions' Tomasson was told there was no cash for any signings and it was frees and loans only so I'm not having it that this 'development' has suddenly forced them onto a different track and all would be fine if it wasn't for the government.

GB was told we had to generate any transfer funds by selling but we still made signings without funds like we did with Ennis, Tronstad and Sigurdsson. 

Then just after the Indian government put their restrictions in place. 

As recently as 2021 Mowbray was allowed to assemble a squad containing the likes of Brereton, Dack, Gallagher, Armstrong, Evans, Ayala, Elliott, Holtby, Johnson, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams and many more.

It is an unexplained mystery how that was possible without FFP issues and yet a couple of years later we are supposed to believe that with a far smaller and surely cheaper squad we are 'at the limit'

That why we had to sell the training ground and Armstrong sold to Southampton to stop any embargo from happening. Plenty of articles on the matters at the time. 

We don't know what the account for the first year of GB and JDT first year here. 

So no, I don't accept what Venky stooges have to say on the subject and I think anyone who believes what Waggott has to say on this subject to be foolish.

The more plausible explanation is that Venkys have simply decided to cut their investment. That's up to them. Their money. Their fault when it goes tits up, not FFP or the Indian government.

FFP rules are clear as are the accounts available plus the Indian government are real. So I have no idea what you are not understanding tbh? 

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

the difference!

We haven't sold anyone yet. 

We made some good signings in the Summer like Tronstad and Sigurdsson whilst Wahlstedt, Moran and Hill have good spell and bad spells plus Ennis and Telalovic are work in progress 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rubbish. Most clubs sell players and buy players. Player trading. 

Norwich sold Maddison and Murphy to keep the club afloat and bought really well which ended up with promotion under Farke. 

Rubbish. 

Owners are allow to put £39 million pounds over a 3 year period. Those are rules has you been told several times but you keep arguing this point. 

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/efl-financial-fair-play-rules-explained-and-the-punishments-clubs-like-bristol-city-could-receive-3574967

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-financial-fair-play-rules-26673518

Going to accept it finally? 

Clubs are allowed to lose £15m over three years excluding money from owners and £39m including money from owners.

This is not the same as owners being permitted to put in £39 million over this period.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Actually the Indian authorities froze their company from transferring funds due to investigations for possible tax avoidance.

The govt thing is a bit of a red herring as although they've increased the tax that doesn't mean they stopped money transfer they just want a bigger slice of it.  No wonder really seeing as how much has been sent over here in the last decade seemingly for no return or real investment.

During all this what if anything is there to stop say Mr B or another of the mob giving or lending Rovers a lump of their own personal cash ?

Nothing from where i can see apart from a hefty govt levy but they've never worked like that have they, no it's company profit soakaway.

They’d need the Indian authorities permission to do this because of the way the rules are written.

I’ve no idea whether they’d withhold this permission or not.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How far are we going back in time? 

GB was told we had to generate any transfer funds by selling but we still made signings without funds like we did with Ennis, Tronstad and Sigurdsson. 

Then just after the Indian government put their restrictions in place. 

That why we had to sell the training ground and Armstrong sold to Southampton to stop any embargo from happening. Plenty of articles on the matters at the time. 

We don't know what the account for the first year of GB and JDT first year here. 

FFP rules are clear as are the accounts available plus the Indian government are real. So I have no idea what you are not understanding tbh? 

I've explained what I don't understand and why it doesn't add up. I've seen it with my own eyes and applied my own thought process to it. It doesn't stack up.

You've signed up and subscribed to the Venky/Waggott party line and it is clear you are treating their version as 100% accurate and indisputable.

Just because someone paid by the club or connected to the club says something doesn't make it true.

These people are employed to ensure the people in India are not blamed or criticised for the ills that befall BRFC. And they're doing a good job at it. You and many others are testament to that. I'm in a minority I suspect. You call it conspiracy theories, I call it independent thinking.

'We've done all we can' is the motto. Venkys have not just cut but have slashed the budgets. But they dont want us to think this is their choice. Its easier to pretend someone or something else is to blame.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've explained what I don't understand and why it doesn't add up. I've seen it with my own eyes and applied my own thought process to it. It doesn't stack up.

Read the financial reports. 

You've signed up and subscribed to the Venky/Waggott party line and it is clear you are treating their version as 100% accurate and indisputable.

No I haven't but believe what you want JH. 

Just because someone paid by the club or connected to the club says something doesn't make it true.

These people are employed to ensure the people in India are not blamed or criticised for the ills that befall BRFC. And they're doing a good job at it. You and many others are testament to that. I'm in a minority I suspect. You call it conspiracy theories, I call it independent thinking.

You never understand how FFP works and how clubs get around by selling players and reinvesting the money like Boro have done for years. 

Venkys have not just cut but have slashed the budgets. But they dont want us to think this is their choice. Its easier to pretend someone or something else is to blame.

The Indian Government thing is real and having to go to the High Court to get us funding released from India is real. How could it not be true when all the documents are there from high court

11 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

How much protection do we have for under 16s?? Can he leave for free?

No protection (in terms of preventing him leaving)

Fixed fee of £3,000 for each year he’s been at the academy aged 9-11

Fixed fee of £40,000 for each year he’s been at the academy aged 12+

Future fixed fees based on number of appearances (and division these were in)

IMG_1425.thumb.jpeg.218f343954a186c482ade43d7b4e9d8c.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Read the financial reports. 

No I haven't but believe what you want JH. 

You never understand how FFP works and how clubs get around by selling players and reinvesting the money like Boro have done for years. 

The Indian Government thing is real and having to go to the High Court to get us funding released from India is real. How could it not be true when all the documents are there from high court

What is also real is that from circa 2020 to 2023 (before there was any mention of Indian government involvement or restrictions) the club embarked on a substantial cost cutting process.

This meant little to no cash for transfers, large scale reduction in squad size and wages and a borderline obsession with dipping into the academy at every turn rather than sourcing players externally.

I know what is in the accounts. I've read them. That doesn't mean signing a few players for cash would immediately put us in danger of a points deduction or embargo, just as it hasn't for all those other Championship clubs who have posted far greater losses than we have in recent years.

I find it odd you mentioned Boro reinvesting sale proceeds into new players.

In recent times we've sold Armstrong, Raya and Kaminski and reinvested a grand total of about 15% of the money on Szmodics, Hyam, Brittain and Pickering, the rest they are 'unable' to reinvest due to an array of excuses which now includes FFP, Indian government and the best of the lot the club secretary (still employed) getting temporary amnesia and forgetting how to register a loan signing on deadline day.

End result the same - reductions across the board.

• Like 3

Managed decline.

Whatever comes in will need something going out first and it'll need to be cheaper wages than what goes out unless it's a big fee sale.

Meanwhile Broughton and Waggot will cover over the continued managed decline by telling everyone to 'trust the process'.

• Like 1