BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

The Crewe guy feels like a good investment. But losing Hill and replacing him with O'Riordan ultimately makes us weaker. 

I think Travis will go this window to free up some funds. He's not good enough imo. Too slow and no technical ability.

Suspect Markanday may go out on loan later in the window with Hedges nearing a return. He's just not good enough full stop.

• Like 4

If the Crewe guy is any good it's a good investment. There are questions mark over our recruitment though at that kind of price range as Leo and Telalovic have shown. 

If he's not yet ready (like the two mentioned) then we still need an experienced head at CB. 

Losing Hill on current form is no loss. 

1 hour ago, Polky said:

He scored two against Doncaster in November.

First goal (1:05) - Good finish from a tight angle

Second goal (1:40) - Plays the ball out wide and carries on into the box. Gets onto the end of the cross with another good finish.

Are we sure this isn’t the new striker we’ve been dying for?

Looks a much better finisher than defender if this clip is anything to go by. Caught between two men for Doncaster's first and let a much smaller striker beat him to a header for their second. Hmm.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Looks a much better finisher than defender if this clip is anything to go by. Caught between two men for Doncaster's first and let a much smaller striker beat him to a header for their second. Hmm.

Not unusual with our defence, he'll fit right in.

• Like 3

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

No!!!! Similar colour shirt

Suffolk, I've heard is a lovely place 

And if what I've heard is true it's a surprise

Fair play, he’s got more chance of being in the prem next season than us. At least he has no worries of getting paid.

if he goes the money has to go back into 2 more players to replace him.

1 minute ago, SkipDonoghue said:

If he's got an Ipswich move then i'll be impressed. I've just asked his family member and he said "not heard notin mate". 

6 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I was only joking based on how many people on here don't rate him. 

My mate was out with someone who knows him on NYE. He told me 2 clubs in the MLS, as well as Luton and Soton were all very keen on singing him. 

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You play a formation that's suits your best attacking players like Szmodics and Wharton not Travis. 

No my attitude is we have a squad that's fit our style of play and we replace player for player whether it's injuries or form or fatigue. 

We need players in so means selling someone like Travis to bring a couple of players then I'm for it. If we selling and not replacing then not in favour of it 

His comments in the LT

If the system/style stays the same but the players selected are worse what will happen?

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I was only joking based on how many people on here don't rate him. 

My mate was out with someone who knows him on NYE. He told me 2 clubs in the MLS, as well as Luton and Soton were all very keen on singing him. 

I can really see him at Luton.

2 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Yes a precedent has been set but that was because all the expenditure was detailed in the costing to satisfy the judge. It only takes someone to adopt a lazy approach and think we've got this through once it'll be alright and not provide all the information the judge wants to see and it gets knocked back. Wouldn't happen here would it?

Or for the judge to know the transfer window is open and decide that’s reason enough to say no.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

First point correct.

As for second point, I would suggest we will only be able to use a portion of any transfer fees realised this window.

Given the club's overall cash flow position and uncertainty over future funding from India, it would be no surprise if there were not targets in place for January's window re achievement of a net surplus on transfer fee trading and also further wage reductions.

We might not yet be in danger of the 'lights being switched off' but I think some of the optimism on this MB about things easing to allow new signings is misplaced..

We will know by 31 Jan. but I ain't holding my breath about good news.

1st Feb.

I'm a bit confused that the funds freed up don't allow for transfer fees, and yet we are looking to pay a transfer fee. Sounds like a recipe for getting in further bother with the Indian courts.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit confused that the funds freed up don't allow for transfer fees, and yet we are looking to pay a transfer fee. Sounds like a recipe for getting in further bother with the Indian courts.

we're paying for the Crewe lad in instalments so maybe the first payment isn't due until summer?

Or we're selling someone and it's already done?

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

we're paying for the Crewe lad in instalments so maybe the first payment isn't due until summer?

Or we're selling someone and it's already done?

I'm pretty certain when a player is signed a first instalment will have to change hands straight away.

Unless they do 0 % deposits like a car dealership !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm pretty certain when a player is signed a first instalment will have to change hands straight away.

Unless they do 0 % deposits like a car dealership !

who knows what the arrangement will be....a delayed first payment until summer is probably not unheard in the annals of transfer history. 

he may be really shit and they're just delighted to get £500k for him regardless of when it arrives!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

We can’t sell Travis without replacing him with someone better! It’s as simple as that! This squad CANNOT be weakened it’s already cut to the bone and lacking quality.

Well, that's exactly what we did in 2011 and again in 2016...Both times, the outcome was the same...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

We can’t sell Travis without replacing him with someone better! It’s as simple as that! This squad CANNOT be weakened it’s already cut to the bone and lacking quality.

It's just numbers on a spreadsheet to the higher ups, I'm afraid 

• Like 3