BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

And as ridiculous as these amounts may seem, then factor in that Rovers are a lower/mid wage payer in the Championship, I think the last set of accounts had them at about the 12th-14th highest payers)

Edited by KentExile

15 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hmmm... JRCs got himself a bloody good agent if he's gone from a bit part academy graduate looking to be shipped out 12 months ago to our fifth highest earner!

While directionally I think the numbers feel roughly right, overall something doesn't really make sense. 

In total SalarySports adds up to Blackburn Rovers total salary bill is £13,203,840... But that is is massively less than the £24M listed in the most recent 21/22 accounts according to this swissramble article below. I can't see the entire staff and director wage bill being more than £3M absolute tops. So either we've chopped off £8m from our player salary cost (equivalent to £150k a week) since the end of 22 or there's something I am not getting.

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/blackburn-rovers-finances-202122

Actually thinking about it we have according to the accounts 200-ish overall headcount, with about 50 of those being on the salarysports list. So that means there are around 150 not on that list. THat would include CEO, DOF, First team coach, physio & coaches, womens team, club admins, accounts, legal, groudstaff etc. On top of that there maybe the salaries include agents fees and bonuses etc? So maybe the gap is quite explainable.

£8 mill per year over 150 non mens-playing squad headcount works out as about £50k per head. Obviously a few will be on a lot more than that, many on a lot less. But it's possible to see how the £8m can be gobbled up pretty quickly.

Edit - doh forgot I already knocked off the £3m for CEO etc. So actually gaps is £11M which over a headcount of 150 is £74k average... Hmm.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

I'd note major caution about any of those sites apparently listing every player's wages. They're no better than ballpark guesses about confidential salaries. Same with FM.

That's not unique to us. For example, the same site has PNE's basic wages at £12.2m, but their latest accounts have total staff costs at £23.9m.

(Funny how pro salaries are so public in North American sports in contrast!)

As KentExile noted, they'll be missing a lot of other bonuses, etc. Even if our basic wages may have fallen last year, it's worth noting that VLL's accounts up to March 2023 actually saw wages and salaries rise from £24.8m to £25.8m, likely due to a couple extended cup runs and a relatively successful season (total headcount also increased from 209 to 219). Likewise, VLL reported turnover of £19.9m, which would be our best result since parachute payments ended.

Rovers' actual accounts for 22/23 should come out in April.

However, it's this past summer where we may see significant cuts emerge... the 23/24 should prove interesting reading in 1.5 years' time...

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Actually thinking about it we have according to the accounts 200-ish overall headcount, with about 50 of those being on the salarysports list. So that means there are around 150 not on that list. THat would include CEO, DOF, First team coach, physio & coaches, womens team, club admins, accounts, legal, groudstaff etc. On top of that there maybe the salaries include agents fees and bonuses etc? So maybe the gap is quite explainable.

£8 mill per year over 150 non mens-playing squad headcount works out as about £50k per head. Obviously a few will be on a lot more than that, many on a lot less. But it's possible to see how the £8m can be gobbled up pretty quickly.

Edit - doh forgot I already knocked off the £3m for CEO etc. So actually gaps is £11M which over a headcount of 150 is £74k average... Hmm.

The figure in the accounts includes social security costs of £2.8 million - I doubt those are included on the various salary websites.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Tony Mowbray new manager for Birmingham...

That's about 180 miles (3+hours'  journey time) back to his missus' lemon drizzle cake.  Twice the journey from Ewood / Brockhall.

Has Mrs Mowbray lost her touch in the kitchen or was 'being so far away from home' just more Mowbray  bullsh1t!?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That's about 180 miles (3+hours'  journey time) back to his missus' lemon drizzle cake.  Twice the journey from Ewood / Brockhall.

Has Mrs Mowbray lost her touch in the kitchen or was 'being so far away from home' just more Mowbray  bullsh1t!?

Teeside International?

https://www.skyscanner.net/routes/mme/bhx/teesside-international-to-birmingham.html

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

In our last set of accounts the three executive directors remuneration totalled £491,033.

That leaves around £10 million unaccounted for (as you’ve said some of this will be GB, JDT etc etc)

You are right with exec. directors' remuneration costing £491k, however, you also need to add on employers' NI at circa 14%, circa £66k taking the total to some £560k.

Cost of Waggott in those accounts to Jun '22 - salary £271k, pension £1k, NI £38k, total £310k!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Pretty sure there are no direct flights - with connections / stop overs, quicker by car.

Trains longer than car with travel to and from stations.

I wasn't entirely serious, but maybe the brummies' fancy chartering him a private jet?

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You are right with exec. directors' remuneration costing £491k, however, you also need to add on employer's NI at circa 14%, circa £66k taking the total to some £560k.

Cost of Waggott in those accounts to Jun '22 - salary £271k, pension £1k, NI £38k, total £310k!

Thank you for the correction.

From memory, Luton’s CEO earned twice as much (emphasis very much on earned!!)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thank you for the correction.

From memory, Luton’s CEO earned twice as much (emphasis very much on earned!!)

My understanding is Waggott's salary - despite seeming alot - is very low in comparison to others in the league. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

My understanding is Waggott's salary - despite seeming alot - is very low in comparison to others in the league. 

Yep, the finances of football in this country in general has gone off the rails

Edited by KentExile

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

Everything at Rovers these days is done on the cheap so this doesn't surprise me. 

We can't even afford to fly to away games. Players are probably put up in a Travelodge. 

• Like 1

The main reason for the Cherries bringing him back is to cover their injury problems at the back. It is not out of the question then that if those issues were to clear up, Hill could return before the window closes

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

The main reason for the Cherries bringing him back is to cover their injury problems at the back. It is not out of the question then that if those issues were to clear up, Hill could return before the window closes

Yep, he also played for Bournemouth earlier this season, so cannot sign for anyone else 

Assuming that he doesnt perform so well back at Bourenmouth that he becomes a genuine first tieam option rather than just cover, it sounds like a (one horse) race even Rovers could win for his signature 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yes, it's performance related!! 

• Like 1