BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Zero threat?He leads our assist charts with 8.

He has had a poor 6 weeks, as have a number of other players.

It's also his first season playing senior football. 

His Brighton coach did say that he can become a superstar. I am surprised people here can't see his potential .

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Far too many players have been in poor form recently so it's difficult to single any individual out. I saw enough of Moran before we tanked to see his qualities.

How far do you think Moran can go in the game?.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did Hill turn out to be a cracking player? I must admit he left me more in the underwhelmed category - certainly no Van Hecke.

Yeah I think so, he gave us a good few glimpses of what he could do. No van Hecke though, I agree.

His performances decreased inline with the rest of the squad really - also factor in fixture congestion, injuries, mixed positions and makeshift defences... it was never gonna be easy for the lad.

I'd take him back in an instant.

Just now, gazza1981 said:

How far do you think Moran can go in the game?.

He can become a regular player for Brighton in the Premier League as well as a regular for the ROI. His style is suited to how Brighton play and once he goes back next season I can see him kicking on again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

His Brighton coach did say that he can become a superstar. I am surprised people here can't see his potential .

Frankly who cares, he isn't our player, we won't see him again after this season and like Morton last season he seems to have clocked off for the season early having decided that our problems aren't his concern.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He can become a regular player for Brighton in the Premier League as well as a regular for the ROI. His style is suited to how Brighton play and once he goes back next season I can see him kicking on again.

You think Brighton is his ceiling . What is Moran lacking to make to the very top of the game . You know liverpool ,city, man utd etc. 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Frankly who cares, he isn't our player, we won't see him again after this season and like Morton last season he seems to have clocked off for the season early having decided that our problems aren't his concern.

And the other players have been in terrific form I suppose?

Iv seen a lack of quality in Moran and most others in the team  over the last 6 weeks but I haven't witnessed this lack of effort with Moran that you are speaking of

7 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

You think Brighton is his ceiling . What is Moran lacking to make to the very top of the game . You know liverpool ,city, man utd etc. 

Brighton are in the upper echelons of the Premier League for me. They play in a way that suits Moran, have a really good manager and coaching staff. His goal has to be playing regularly for them and then who knows. To my knowledge Brighton have never stood in the way of any player recently so if his potential is reached then the rest will follow.

• Like 2

It tells you how normalised us jettisoning important players has become that so many are championing us lending out our captain and one of a very small number of Championship quality players we have. Its all in the name of budget slashing.

Any normal club would have looked to keep him as he is still an important player in the squad. He is our third best midfielder, has proven his worth over a long period as Championship quality and we are one injury away from either a graduate with maybe 10-15 league starts max or a young number 10 becoming a regular. 

And any normal club wouldnt have such a deficit of experience upon losing a 26 year old.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

Heart.

Nothing wrong with playing for the current Brighton set up though if he makes it. That IS the  very top of the game.

Why does everyone assume players HAVE to play for City/United/Liverpool Arsenal?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 hour ago, gazza1981 said:

I agree you can't really compare two different positions . But i think you can judge who is more complete in their position . I think moran has all you need in a no 10 .  Great first touch , great dribbler , great passing range and vision , great shot and an eye for goal .

Christ, if he was 'great' at all that, he'd be doing a lot better than he is. 1 league goal for someone with a 'great shot and an eye for goal'?

You make him sound like a world class player from that description, and maybe he has a high ceiling, but at present he's just about getting into a lower midtable Championship side, probably due to injuries at times, and has a 1 in 22 goal record in the second tier.

36 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Moran was impressive as a number 10 Vs Cardiff.  But you cannot play Moran as a 10 and Szmodics as a centre forward (Szmodics is not a wide player so there is no where else that you could move him.

Whatever formation we personally see JDT as using (4-4-2/4-2-4 with Szmodics as a central striker, 4-2-3-1 with Szmodics as the "10" or 4-3-3 with Szmodics as one of the "8s"... in reality it is all of them depending upon the situation, where the ball is on the pitch, and which team has position), there is no place for Moran as a 10 whilst Szmodics is in the team, and we cannot and should not drop Szmodics.  Meaning that if Moran has to play anywhere, it has to be wide (he is not disciplined enough to play as an 8/box to box 

Moran can and will improve as he progresses, but right now, there is no place for him in Rovers best 11 as a number 10.

What do you think is his ceiling? . Do you think he can get to the very top of the game . If not what is he lacking as a no 10?.

4 hours ago, gazza1981 said:

I wonder if he was Scottish would there be any premier league clubs after him , Don't get me wrong he is a talented player but i don't think he is head and shoulders the most talented player in our team like most here do .

I think Andrew Moran the is best and most talented player in the team . The few times he has played just behind the striker he has looked a class above Wharton.

I think he is a better dribbler than Wharton , better passing range and better finisher and eye for goal. I might be in the minority but I think he has a higher ceiling than Wharton and will make it with a top premier league team unlike Wharton.  Its just my opinion though I could be wrong.

Class above Class 1 at primary school maybe. Moran is a weak and physically ineffective schoolboy footballer. The Chelsea league cup match was a case in point as to his level - totally out of his depth

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Hilly's return to Bournemouth confirmed.

I must admit, I was underwhelmed when he signed, I recall that many of us were. It was the same when we signed van Hecke... but both turned out to be cracking players and proved us wrong.

I'll never judge a signing again until I see them in Blue and White halves. Good luck Hilly!

Excellent player, very disappointed to see him go and reinforces the daft decision to let Phillips go

• Like 2

Just his lack of ability to affect games in general, consistency, coupled with a poor goal and assist return and the eye test . I’ve seen nothing that shows me at present his ceiling isn’t where he is now but young players can and often do go one way or the other so I guess it’s down to him , his attitude, work rate and how much he learns from his time here and seize the opportunity at Brighton if and when it comes.

We will all have to wait and see but don’t let his coach telling people that make you think he will definitely become a world beater, Ross Barkley, Danny cadamartri, Jeffers, Hoilett , ravel Morrison. there’s hundreds of these for every one that fulfills there potential 

I was convinced Ross Barkley would be the next gazza for England he was that good as a teenager and you only have to listen to the red rats bang on about how good Morrison was going to be. Then you have injuries to consider

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

What do you think is his ceiling? . Do you think he can get to the very top of the game . If not what is he lacking as a no 10?.

Please read my post again.  Moran is a good player, but given the system Rovers play, Rovers current player options and where Moran is currently in terms of his development, he is not going to fit into a full strength Rovers team as a number 10, mainly as it would mean dropping the top goal scorer in the division or at the very least moving him (Szmodics) into a position where he is far less effective.

I am sure that next season he will get a few appearances for Brighton and wont look out of place.  Within 2/3 years he will be a regular player in a top 10 team in the Premier League (Brighton), and he may well get higher than that depending upon how dedicated he is to improving himself.  If anything he seems to currently lack a little concentration and consistency

Edited by KentExile

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Consistancy.

When you say consistency do you mean he is inconsistent in his touch , decision making , weight of passing. keeping the ball in every match or is it that he is great in all those areas in one game and awful in all those areas the next game .

In other wards does he lack inconsistency within a match or is it a lack of consistency from match to match?.

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Remember last season when you couldn’t move at Brockhall without bumping into a decent centre half… now the first team currently has two fit ones. To go with one right back and one left back (no sorry another 20 year old has come in loan, so no worries).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gazza1981 said:

When you say consistency do you mean he is inconsistent in his touch , decision making , weight of passing. keeping the ball in every match or is it that he is great in all those areas in one game and awful in all those areas the next game .

In other wards does he lack inconsistency within a match or is it a lack of consistency from match to match?.

Are you the loan manager for Brighton scouting how he is doing and your car has broken down so you are doing your review remotely? 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just his lack of ability to affect games in general, consistency, coupled with a poor goal and assist return

In fairness, his assist return is perfectly fine. 5 in the league, 8 in all comps. Wharton only has 3 (on both counts), although he does of course play deeper.

Our top assists-maker last season was Sorba Thomas (including his time at Hudds of course) with 8. After that, it was Dolan with 6. Moran is actually our top assists-maker this season in the league, and sits joint-12th in the league assists table.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Excellent player, very disappointed to see him go and reinforces the daft decision to let Phillips go

The daft decision to let Phillips go?

He had a release clause in his contract the club didn't have a choice in the matter .

And before you criticise us for putting the clause in, again we had no choice he wouldn't have signed the contract with us and we would have lost him a year earlier for a couple of hundred grand 

• Like 6