BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Ipswich's loan signing Sarmiento from Brighton (will have cost a fee) had an impact today. Ours got 0 minutes at the weekend. Carvalho got 3 points for Hull against Sunderland. Obafemi will do the same for Millwall.

Still waiting on Rovers to do anything of note. It's scary how far ahead of us Ipswich are and it reminds me how laughable the old "5 year Brentford model was". We're very much still the "15 year Blackburn Rovers' model" of getting absolutely nowhere.

At what point is a senior executive made accountable for a lack of results on and off the field.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Ipswich's loan signing Sarmiento from Brighton (will have cost a fee) had an impact today. Ours got 0 minutes at the weekend. Carvalho got 3 points for Hull against Sunderland. Obafemi will do the same for Millwall.

Still waiting on Rovers to do anything of note. It's scary how far ahead of us Ipswich are and it reminds me how laughable the old "5 year Brentford model was". We're very much still the "15 year Blackburn Rovers' model" of getting absolutely nowhere.

At what point is a senior executive made accountable for a lack of results on and off the field.

They are achieving the desired results.

Interesting to hear Neil Warnock say on Sky tonight that he tried to sign Sam Gallagher “a couple of seasons ago… but we couldn’t afford him.” Was praiseworthy of Gallagher and said it made sense for Ipswich to pursue.

Who can even say the person negotiating with Warnock at the time, but I would love to know what the asking price was.

40 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Interesting to hear Neil Warnock say on Sky tonight that he tried to sign Sam Gallagher “a couple of seasons ago… but we couldn’t afford him.” Was praiseworthy of Gallagher and said it made sense for Ipswich to pursue.

Who can even say the person negotiating with Warnock at the time, but I would love to know what the asking price was.

Interesting, I didn't watch it but in what context are Sky presenters and pundits discussing a Rovers player during Leicester v Ipswich?

I find that odd and quite unprofessional. Unless there's a campaign afoot to get that move done.

The presenter asked “are they missing a target man” Warnock said “Yes that’s why they’re after Moore and Sam Gallagher. I tried to sign Sam a couple of years ago… but he was too expensive”

Edited by Ghost7

44 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Just watch Gallagher thrive under a new environment where they look to get the best out of the limited ability he has to offer.

Whilst we continue with Ennis on the bench and Telalovic only scoring for the U23s but it's ok because both wages only add up to one Sam Gallaghers and leave some cost cutting change.

Boxes ticked in head office.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

A big part of the blame must be apportioned to Swag. He is responsible for the commercial managers inability to grow the clubs income and his penny pinching strategies are backfiring, surely it's obvious to anyone?

But he's employed by Venkys so no surprise there.

We don't have a Can Do culture we have a Can't Do culture.

Keep JDT and get rid of every fucking one of them above him.

Venkys and Waggott out!

Ps what's happened to Shirley Crabtree? 😁

He'd had enough and left.

I also have missed his input, he was funny as fuck.

57 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Venkys and Waggott out!

Rumours of his demise are greatly exaggerated 😉

I understand that poster took a well needed break from BRFCS for 'mental health' reasons.

Expect fire and brimstone any time soon 🙂

Edited by Old Codger
Fat, round, his excocets make no sound.. Shirley Crabtree, Surly Cwabtwee
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

A big part of the blame must be apportioned to Swag. He is responsible for the commercial managers inability to grow the clubs income and his penny pinching strategies are backfiring, surely it's obvious to anyone?

Venkys and Waggott out!

Couldn’t agree more. Well said DeeCee!

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Venkys and Waggott out!

That's why we never made the play offs under Mowbray and lost home grown players who wouldn't re-sign.

The entire culture under Waggots watch has been 'Can't do' and punch below your weight it's ok because we don't have parachute money. The longer TM was here the more it became engrained into the entire club 'oh it's not 1995 anymore'.

The new set up and JDT changed that mentality overnight but within a season they at the top have managed to drag it back down to the lowest level since Coyle was here.

Some achievement that is and i'm saying now several people in the middle of the Venky void are not arsed in the slightest.  It suits them and their cushy positions to have this club going nowhere because it cements their positions as hands on firefighters.

• Like 6

Both. They aren’t allowed to do any more than just the running costs but EFL rules would probably make it difficult to put money in if they could (I’d argue that they could put in money knowing it’s coming later, I’m thinking the Raya money) but with the Indian court issue that doesn’t seem to be possible .

6 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Apologies if this has already been answered. What is currently stopping us from spending money?

Is it the EFL rules on profitability? Or is it that Venkys can't/won't put any money in? Or something else?

No, it is because there aren't even any 50p pieces left that we can rob from the leccy meter. We have no money to spend. We are brassic. Next stop its White Lightning and jellies as we roll around in our own piss in the gutter outside what used to be the Home of Blackburn Rovers. Cheers Venkys. And get stuffed Waggott, you useless arsewipe of a leach.

Edited by Old Codger
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Apologies if this has already been answered. What is currently stopping us from spending money?

Is it the EFL rules on profitability? Or is it that Venkys can't/won't put any money in? Or something else?

There wouldn't be much spending money anyway without player sales but due to their mishandling of the finances again they are now under investigation by Indian tax authorities.

Whilst this is ongoing they cannot send 1 rupee of the normal funding without first getting court approval and mandating where every penny for every bill is going.

No you couldn't make it up and no we are not.

I actually thought Coyle got more of a tune out of Gallagher than anybody else has

He was a pretty basic manager in terms of tactics. Throw it down the wing, get the ball in and attack it. It still remains Gallagher's best goal return over a season

Since then he has been asked to play a different style. Whether it's out wide, or even as a more hold it up type player. Gally always looks most dangerous when he's bundling through players. That said, he seems to have lost that ability to attack the ball, as for a tall man he doesn't score a lot from crosses into the box

I hope we keep him. I have been critical of Gally in the past but he's our best striker now by a long shot. Selling him is a sign of retreat. We may as well give up this season and hope there's 3 teams worse than us

• Like 1

All transfer dealings, no matter how cheap, have clearly been put on hold whilst we wait for the decision from the Indian court.

Meanwhile, Clubs around us are strengthening. Our once great club is in freefall, desperately in need of reinforcements... and at the mercy of some judge in India who probably has no idea who we are.

The next hearing will conveniently be scheduled in towards the end of the summer window too, so there'll be nothing to see there either.

Get those wankers out of our club.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 7

Gally is clearly off. He's on big money for us and we want to slash and burn the wage budget to at least league 2 level. So yeah he's off. 

As for ability, he's a championship squad player level ability imo. Sadly that's miles above any of the others bar Sami, hence he'd be a big loss for us even though he's mediocre at best. 

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I actually thought Coyle got more of a tune out of Gallagher than anybody else has

He was a pretty basic manager in terms of tactics. Throw it down the wing, get the ball in and attack it. It still remains Gallagher's best goal return over a season

Since then he has been asked to play a different style. Whether it's out wide, or even as a more hold it up type player. Gally always looks most dangerous when he's bundling through players. That said, he seems to have lost that ability to attack the ball, as for a tall man he doesn't score a lot from crosses into the box

I hope we keep him. I have been critical of Gally in the past but he's our best striker now by a long shot. Selling him is a sign of retreat. We may as well give up this season and hope there's 3 teams worse than us

I do have some sympathy for Gallagher and how his career has panned out. After that season with us on loan he ended up at Birmingham, who were just as much of a train wreck at the time and he had a poor season. The season after that I think he stayed at Southampton, probably mostly playing in the reserves, before the season Mowbray signed him permanently for Rovers where he has spent most of his time playing out wide.

I think a manager like Warnock would've got way more out of him as a striker.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

All transfer dealings, no matter how cheap, have clearly been put on hold whilst we wait for the decision from the Indian court.

Meanwhile, Clubs around us are strengthening. Our once great club is in freefall, desperately in need of reinforcements... and at the mercy of some judge in India who probably has no idea who we are.

The next hearing will conveniently be scheduled in towards the end of the summer window too, so there'll be nothing to see there either.

Get those wankers out of our club.

The worrying thing - I would guess the reason we can't move until the Judges decision - we don't know whether any sales (eg Gallagher) can be reinvested in transfers or are needed to plug a massive hole in our finances (if the judgement goes against us).