BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Or a chance for a massive pay rise whilst having a realistic chance of a decent amount of Premier League football alongside some other really talented young players. Rather than staying here in a team treading water in the bottom half of the Championship whose owners have gone AWOL.

I said it the other day, but Olise is a shoe in for a huge move. Eze v likely too. That's their last two signings from the Champ. 
Wharton will likely go the same way if he keeps his head down in the capital.

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Maybe we've pulled out of Phillips to look at getting someone permanent? Hopefully.

This is my hope.

I feel pretty sure that Adam is going to be sold today, so we have money now.

I can only assume that we had "dream" targets on a list, that we couldn't afford - but with the Wharton money coming in...

Edited by TheRevAshton

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

It's possible that Wharton money has given us better centre half options.  Then again.

We need a CM too if Wharton leaves.

Maybe we'll look at that QPR CM Chris Willock.

Would love us to sign Illias Chair

Edited by RoversClitheroe

He’s currently in Mexico, as confirmed by the SWFC reporter a few minutes before the news broke.

I’m sure a few will be tracking flights from Mexico City to Manchester in the next 24 hours.

• Like 2

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Maybe we'll look at that QPR CM (forgot his name)

Buckley is Wharton's replacement.

Garrett is Travis's replacement.

Ajari bought in to sit on the bench as another "option".

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Maybe we'll look at that QPR CM (forgot his name)

Whichever one it is, he is terrible

Chair (more a 10 than a CM) and Willock (wide player) are QPRs better players.  They certainly do not have any CMs worth having

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Or a chance for a massive pay rise whilst having a realistic chance of a decent amount of Premier League football alongside some other really talented young players. Rather than staying here in a team treading water in the bottom half of the Championship whose owners have gone AWOL.

I think you know what I meant.

Anywhere would appear to be an upgrade on the circus here currently but in terms of PL Clubs he could go to I'd be looking at Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves etc before I'd even contemplate Palace.

From our point of view as well, assuming we're not getting the money up front, we'd also be far better off holding out for a bidding war in summer between the slightly bigger guns

3 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

I'm pleased he's getting an opportunity in the Premier League but what a boring move.

Yeah, the last place I’d be going if I was him. Not a good move for Palace either. He’s not ready for a Premier League relegation scrap.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Now is the acid test. Gutted to see Wharton leaving, there is absolutely no excuse now not to go on a bit of a late window spending spree. We need a CB, a Wharton replacement, a winger and an extra forward, so if Gallagher goes too then 2 are needed. Not loans but permanent signings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

I'm pleased he's getting an opportunity in the Premier League but what a boring move.

100%. Trying to stay in the division every year playing negative football under the current manager.  I would have stayed til the summer and see what else came along - however the club need money now and I am sure were encouraging him that it would be a good move for his career. 

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted that we are selling Wharton. We won't have a player of his quality on the books for quite some time.

We are now desperately in need of a CM or 2 and our whole game plan/way of playing is up in the air, as he was the only player in squad of taking the ball off the centre halves.

Who've we got left in CM?

Tronstad

Garrett

That it?

Buckley is injured, JRC will be at RB and Trav is at Ipswich.

Mental.

If we fuck this up, we are going down.

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Now is the acid test. Gutted to see Wharton leaving, there is absolutely no excuse now not to go on a bit of a late window spending spree. We need a CB, a Wharton replacement, a winger and an extra forward, so if Gallagher goes too then 2 are needed. Not loans but permanent signings. 

Absolutely.

Can they deliver, will Waggot release funds to actually manoeuvre.

Will Wharton come back on loan?

Gutted that he’s left, feels similar to the Phil Jones move. I wish they would have got a few more appearances for Rovers before leaving.

Adam needs to be playing games, he won’t get game time at Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle just yet.

Doucoure is out for a while and this will give Adam a chance to start in the Premier League.

Eze and Olise have thrived at Palace following a move up from the Championship.

Let’s hope Adam does the same and we can benefit from a few bonuses and a sell on percentage.

• Like 8