BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Hopefully this will tempt JDT into signing a new contract. Money available in the summer for a rebuild alongside the Raya money. Main objective now is to stay in the league and the rebuild in the summer begins. 

• Like 2

We need to use the remaining days of this window and the summer to do the following:

Exit - Whalsted, Moran, Siggy, Ennis, Telalovic - sorry non of these guys are good enough, end of.

Bring in - New experienced GK, central defender, experienced CM, winger and 2 x strikers. A GK and striker are top priorities in my view.

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

No thanks.

Experience needed.

Does Wharton want to leave or is Gregg egging him on? Who's his agent btw?

As a bonus the Palace lad is rated as a good young winger and we need some pace out wide. Looks like Southampton want him though.

1 minute ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

We need to use the remaining days of this window and the summer to do the following:

Exit - Whalsted, Moran, Siggy, Ennis, Telalovic - sorry non of these guys are good enough, end of.

Bring in - New experienced GK, central defender, experienced CM, winger and 2 x strikers. A GK and striker are top priorities in my view.

I'm not sure about Siggy, he's our second top scorer. What we need to do is stop playing him wide. In an ideal world he'd be an ideal sub for when Sammie tires.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I like Telalovic.

I think Siggy is playing in the wrong position as offers nothing.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, I'm sure he's bring in another 4 or 5 Hirst's Ennis's or Telalovic's or Wahlstedts and life will be rosy.

Maybe if a chunk of the money was spent bringing in a proper DOF we'd stand a slightly better chance.

and in the one transfer window that he was allowed to spend decent money... Szmodics, Hyam & Brittain

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

So if McGuire enters the building Leonard will probably leave on loan.

In the summer Telalovic is sent back to Germany, Ennis to League One and we'll renew Gallaghers contract before selling him for £1.5m to a Championship rival. 

4 minutes ago, booth said:

As a bonus the Palace lad is rated as a good young winger and we need some pace out wide. Looks like Southampton want him though.

I don't see the point of developing another PL youth player for them, when we need experience at the back. I doubt we're looking for wingers with Dolan and Hedges coming back, as well has having just signed Sigurdsson on a perm.

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

So if McGuire enters the building Leonard will probably leave on loan.

In the summer Telalovic is sent back to Germany, Ennis to League One and we'll renew Gallaghers contract before selling him for £1.5m to a Championship rival. 

We need to sell Gallagher now ideally, we don't want to trigger an extension on his current deal when he's probably our top earner and adding zero contribution to the team.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I can see I'm fighting a losing battle arguing with The Football Manager or Fifa Generation on here.

All I can say is that for our Club selling our best player has rarely if ever resulted in an improvement in fortunes on the pitch, in fact usually quite the reverse.

Last time it happened was arguably 1974 when Tony Field was sold and Gordon Lee eventually rebuilt the side after a bit of a gap.

I'm also reminded of Spurs selling Bale. They wasted that money on a right load of old pony.

I do agree.

Venkys never reinvest, but if there's no optimism we might as well quit supporting the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

and in the one transfer window that he was allowed to spend decent money... Szmodics, Hyam & Brittain

We paid good money for Hyam and he's average at best.

Brittain has been a terrible signing.

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We need to sell Gallagher now ideally, we don't want to trigger an extension on his current deal when he's probably our top earner and adding zero contribution to the team.

Zero contribution? Did you see the interview with JDT post match last night?

• Like 1

If we look at a young good left back. Harrisson Burrows, 22 at Peterborough. Contract expires in the summer. Another one is centre half Ronnie Edwards, 20, Peterborough.

Max Bird 23, Derby, young promising defensive midfelder, contract expires in the summer.

Calvin Ramsay Bolton Wanderers right back....good prospect.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can see I'm fighting a losing battle arguing with The Football Manager or Fifa Generation on here.

All I can say is that for our Club selling our best player has rarely if ever resulted in an improvement in fortunes on the pitch, in fact usually quite the reverse.

Last time it happened was arguably 1974 when Tony Field was sold and Gordon Lee eventually rebuilt the side after a bit of a gap.

I'm also reminded of Spurs selling Bale. They wasted that money on a right load of old pony.

Give it a rest.

EVERY club bar the top 0.1% has to sell their star players.

It’s what you do with the cash that separates the men from the boys.

Lets hope we’re not the latter…

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I like Telalovic.

I think Siggy is playing in the wrong position as offers nothing.

How can you say that Gallagher adds "xero contribution" yet you like Telalovic?!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

If we look at a young good left back. Harrisson Burrows, 22 at Peterborough. Contract expires in the summer. Another one is centre half Ronnie Edwards, 20, Peterborough.

Max Bird 23, Derby, young promising defensive midfelder, contract expires in the summer.

Calvin Ramsay Bolton Wanderers right back....good prospect.

Ramsey joined Bolton from Liverpool yesterday on loan.