BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We still need to persuade Finneran to sign a deal when he turns 16. Then another I think when he turns 17, as you can't sign full pro terms until then if I'm remembering it rightly. Even then, he's probably not going to make more than a few cameos next season. He's super talented but super young, can't see him breaking in as a regular until two seasons from now at best.

Your right, Plenty of hurdles to jump beforehand. Hopefully shows loyalty and commits

• Like 1

Kyle signs and I think it's a clever signing on a short term deal. We are a soft touch and don't do the basics well enough, so it's good to add someone who does the ugly side of the game very well. We've become very unbalanced with too many 'artists'. 

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

One of the most underwhelming signings I can ever remember almost certainly to be followed by a depressing sale whereby all but a couple of million will vanish. What a window.

(Of course we are "keeping our powder dry" until the summer)

Well you have been crying out for "experience" for god knows how long.......

Be careful what you wish for!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Your right, Plenty of hurdles to jump beforehand. Hopefully shows loyalty and commits

He did look genuinely made up in his interview to have got on the pitch for us (could be just because he knows it's a real feat at his age) so maybe he will commit.

• Like 1

According to TV 2's information, Blackburn Rovers is the club that has thrown itself into a late coup attempt by David Brekalo (25) with a few hours left until the deadline. @kflygind was first to break the news of the Championship bid. Now Viking has far better cards in hand in the negotiations.

IMG_5836.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

According to TV 2's information, Blackburn Rovers is the club that has thrown itself into a late coup attempt by David Brekalo (25) with a few hours left until the deadline. @kflygind was first to break the news of the Championship bid. Now Viking has far better cards in hand in the negotiations.

IMG_5836.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10253441/Viking-FK-centre-David-Brekalo-sent-attacking-goalkeeper.html

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_5836.png

4cf.png.3d431d584edc1ada37d19dca07a8a997.png

Sign of the times. The type of players rovers are in the market for these days are young untested kids who might (and mostly) turn out to be shit. Veterans or crocks. If they’re in their prime and sound decent I’d be checking their criminal history because there’ll be something wrong with them even if its not immediately obvious 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

He's a centre half ? Can't see another one coming in tbh

i'd imagine he'd be seen as a ready and waiting mcfadzean replacement? if it's true of course, we might've been forced to leap in now to stop him moving elsewhere before summer

Edited by nbdrovers

2 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_5836.png

How peculiar. I saw a post on twitter from an Orlando fan account stating they were bidding 2m+ for this guy - surely we're not signing Orlando's striker and the player they're targeting?!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

He's a centre half ? Can't see another one coming in tbh

As I said earlier, the manager was asking for another CB in the summer after we got Hill. Since then, Hill has left (O'Riordan probably the replacement), Carter has got an injury (I'd say McFadzean is to replace him for now since it's a short term deal), so the manager would still want one more. Whether he gets that of course is up to GB and the money men. But I can see it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_5836.png

I thought that Viking and Orlando City had agreed a fee around 32,5 mill NOK for him already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Risky business trying to pinch a target from a club we’re trying to sign a striker from 🫣

Bournemouth did it to us...we wanted Dembele to replace Rothwell, then they signed Dembele. Of course, they didn't get Rothwell in that window. I don't think that was why though, sounded like Venkys had already kiboshed it before they got Dembele.