BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

According to Rich Sharpe, about a 40% more chance of winning when he played last season. 

My only doubt would be his injury record, other than that, I think we'd struggle to get anywhere near to replacing him with the money being mentioned. 

I'd hope that Gallagher plus wages + a Ennis being shipped out on loan would equal 1x Jerry Yates (or similar).

• Like 2

adam has had a change of heart about moving to sarf london,he`s in his mk1 fiesta on his way back to blackburn,says he wants to wait for another season,can`t blame the lad,selhurst park is a concrete monstrosity thats seen better days ,the manager is about to shuffle off the mortal coil and their best players have ambitions to play somewhere else,welcome home adam

• Like 1

Just a musing

When Siggy signed on loan he took up one of those none work permit slots, is there a chance that when he signed permanently, having played in the Championship for half a season, that he no longer take up one of those slots and therefore we have an extra one? 

Probably not, but would be nice to know for sure

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thanks - would you mind linking this calculator thingy?  sounds useful 

https://www.transferroom.com/gbe#calculator

Keep in mind I think (might have been another one) I used it before for a while and then it stopped me using it without registering, so maybe don't go nuts with it, but I think different browsers and incognito mode should get around it.

Also this article seems to say Tronstad auto qualified but the new rules are how we signed Siggy:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23634717.latest-transfer-links-shows-blackburn-rovers-casing-net-wide/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Just a musing

When Siggy signed on loan he took up one of those none work permit slots, is there a chance that when he signed permanently, having played in the Championship for half a season, that he no longer take up one of those slots and therefore we have an extra one? 

From memory (check my post on page prior showing I don't know what day the window closes) I think it's annualised over 4 years or something so maybe?

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

https://www.transferroom.com/gbe#calculator

Keep in mind I think (might have been another one) I used it before for a while and then it stopped me using it without registering, so maybe don't go nuts with it, but I think different browsers and incognito mode should get around it.

Also this article seems to say Tronstad auto qualified but the new rules are how we signed Siggy:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23634717.latest-transfer-links-shows-blackburn-rovers-casing-net-wide/

Thank you 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Just a musing

I think those are slots for signings within a season, rather than players within a squad, so I would imagine once they're used they're gone. Next season the figure will reset (and I think it drops to 2 or 3, or less if you haven't given enough minutes to domestic players, whether auto-qualifying for a permit or not). But like you say, if someone knows for sure that's better...

You'd think our erstwhile local rag reporter would have looked into it and mentioned it somewhere...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, booth said:

I'd hope that Gallagher plus wages + a Ennis being shipped out on loan would equal 1x Jerry Yates (or similar).

There is always a big emphasis on Gallagher's wages, makes me wonder what percentage of his wages Yates would be on.

My opinion, I certainly wouldn't swap. The only possible consideration would be Gallagher's injury record. 

Edited by M_B

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

adam has had a change of heart about moving to sarf london,he`s in his mk1 fiesta on his way back to blackburn,says he wants to wait for another season,can`t blame the lad,selhurst park is a concrete monstrosity thats seen better days ,the manager is about to shuffle off the mortal coil and their best players have ambitions to play somewhere else,welcome home adam

All the kids on twitter saying hes literally sacrificed himself just to financially save his beloved club are going to be disappointed.

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Just for the benefit of anyone who isn't familiar with this poster, he likes to make shit like this up during transfer windows for some weird personal amusement. Don't bite.

• Like 4

Seems like everythings going to be balancing on a knife edge tomorrow(again) Not meaning to be pessimistic but after last Januarys embarrassing amature mess and the various other daft avoidable fk ups that have been made over the years I'm not getting remotely excited until the incoming deals are rubber stamped and officially over the line

(But my guts telling me the Wharton deal is going to fall through for some reason or another in the morning, then there's going to be a mad scramble at ewood for the rest of the day trying to salvage something out of the mess, then ending in despair) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

There is always a big emphasis on Gallagher's wages, makes me wonder what percentage of his wages Yates would be on.

My opinion, I certainly wouldn't swap. The only possible consideration would be Gallagher's injury record. 

Could I ask why? I thought Yates was excellent last season. 15 goals in a poor team and a lot of spirit, a bit like our Sammie.

I don't think I've ever used that word to describe Gallagher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

ffs calm down,there are more important issues going on in the world

I'm very calm, you seem awfully angry though that I'm ruining your weird little game, the one there are more important issues going on than. Maybe don't waste yours and others time on it if that's the case?

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think those are slots for signings within a season, rather than players within a squad, so I would imagine once they're used they're gone. Next season the figure will reset (and I think it drops to 2 or 3, or less if you haven't given enough minutes to domestic players, whether auto-qualifying for a permit or not). But like you say, if someone knows for sure that's better...

You'd think our erstwhile local rag reporter would have looked into it and mentioned it somewhere...

From next season it’s 0- 4 (as you say based on minutes given to English players)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Time to remind everyone (for probably about the 6th or 7th time) that all Gregg said was that he made sure O'Brien had something to eat. He never said 'slap up meal' or 'nice food', or anything about going to a fancy restaurant, or anything of the sort. That's a Chinese whisper that seems to have originated on this board and become some sort of Mandela Effect. It could very easily mean he got Billy the Bootboy to grab a few sandwiches from round the corner or got some Chinese delivered.

What was apparent from the transcript of the appeal hearing was that some Rovers staff must have been at Ewood and presumably GB and the player were at Brockhall and a lot of time was wasted sending documentation back and forward to each other when the obvious thing to do would have been to have everyone in one place and send any paperwork direct to the EFL in one hit.

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Yup, come home Adam, it's not your responsibility to save the Club.

You'll get a better move in summer, we'll get more money and in the meantime let the buggers sort their own financial problems out.

• Like 6