BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

So according to Nixon we haven't completed the deal because we haven't got the money yet. 

I mean, I hate to be boring but that makes sense. It's usually a game of dominoes when transfers happen. 

For all we know his team have kicked up a fuss but what can we do if we've yet to receive the money? 

Just now, Tim Southampton Rover said:

So according to Nixon we haven't completed the deal because we haven't got the money yet. 

I mean, I hate to be boring but that makes sense. It's usually a game of dominoes when transfers happen. 

For all we know his team have kicked up a fuss but what can we do if we've yet to receive the money? 

Thats called a “Nixon guess”.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

We are the most farcical club in England! Hope we get Readings owners! 😂

Well I was told in no uncertain terms by everyone around me on Monday night we would be nothing without them so I can only assume as long as they keep the lights on no matter what division we are in everyone is happy so why spend any money if what they send over is ample for most fans 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I never suggested it was important. I just thought it was very weird and a bit amusing to put "Greg" in that punctuation as if you thought it was only allegedly his name.

We don't even know if this random Twitterati is right about the deal being off, and if he is, we don't know if it's because Wharton is off, or there's another target. So whilst this doesn't look good at this moment, I'll wait til the deadline has gone before I vent my spleen (which I'll certainly do if it stays this shit).

I said "Greg" or  "Gregg" because I think it is weird in the extreme that certain posters (not you) refer to him in first name terms. I thought the inference was obvious. The spelling is completely irrelevant.

People don't generally refer to Waggott as "Steve" or even JDT as "Jon" do they.The spelling is completely irrelevant.

I have my view as to why that is the case but I know its an accusation that that people don't like being bandied around.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

2 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

How about the owners advance the money, knowing that the worst comes to the worst Wharton doesn't go, we then have to sell him or another in the summer or we get the Raya money and they get their money back?

In the meantime we get presumably a top target for the remainder of the season to help us out in dire straights.

That's generally what clubs, particularly those with wealthy owners, do. They don't sit and wait for the funds to land in their account before doing business, just as they don't cut their squad back to the bone with FFP. You do it as a cycle, with a back up plan for the future if things don't go the way you expect.

Here they just make it up on a whim from one day to the next. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well I was told in no uncertain terms by everyone around me on Monday night we would be nothing without them so I can only assume as long as they keep the lights on no matter what division we are in everyone is happy so why spend any money if what they send over is ample for most fans 🤷‍♂️

We're not much with them. Heading towards L1, a perpetual embarassment, selling players for £20m+ and bringing in free 37 year olds.

GB: Uhhh Steve, we’ve actually beat Wednesday in the race here, Duncan is flying over for a medical right now…

SW: Wait, what?! They were supposed to outbid us, so we could say “we tried our best” etc. Shit!

GB: So…?

SW: Well, pull the plug Gregg!

GB: Okay Steve. Ummm btw - can you tell Jon this time? I did the O’Brien one remember!

• Like 4

It's ultimately one of two things. 

Wharton has had his head turned by another club while in London. And is stalling the CPFC move incase a bid comes in, hence the no guarantee in funds. 

Or

Venkys have yet again proven to be liars, you can't give word and go back on it. It's an international deal that will seriously damage the reputation of the club. Every MLS club will see how we have handled this and will definitely be put off by it should we seek one of their players. Shambles.

• Like 9