BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well not many that we know about, I suspect there is actually a very long history of similar stunts that have occurred at this disgusting club over the last 10 years or so that simply don't get into the public domain.

This one has because it is a player from the US and there's a decent fee attached, and the previous manager rarely recruited from beyond Yorkshire.

But same scum owners and same shady characters running it on their behalf so expect the same nonsense has been going on for years.

Is it likely the owners initially sanctioned the deals for O Brien and Mcguire twice only for them to then pull the plug on each occasion?

And if they did, why then go to appeal in the first case  and bother to fly the player across the Atlantic before pulling out in the second place respectively?

It can't even be explained away by GB not seeking prior authorisation. They still wouldn't have gone to appeal on O Brien.

It's odd beyond belief. 

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So if Wharton deal done, begs the question.

Why is the McGuire deal off?! 

For the reason people predicted - they're going to bank all of that money to cover club costs until the summer.

People say they were naive and were misled - how have they not learned anything about football in 13 years? We've seen a massive downsizing of the playing squad over the last two years under their directive. We're heading for relegation. 

• Like 2

I rarely post on these type of threads as nothing is true.... Just a load of men women gossiping and getting themselves in a lather. 

Why not wait until 11pm tomorrow? I know it will be the usual shit show but hey ho! This is brfc. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is it likely the owners initially sanctioned the deals for O Brien and Mcguire twice only for them to then pull the plug on each occasion?

And if they did, why then go to appeal in the first case  and bother to fly the player across the Atlantic before pulling out in the second place respectively?

It can't even be explained away by GB not seeking prior authorisation. They still wouldn't have gone to appeal on O Brien.

It's odd beyond belief. 

There is no indication the owners pulled out of the O'Brien deal. As you say, the fact we went on to appeal at presumably a fair bit of cost suggests they didn't. Which would make this once, not twice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

I rarely post on these type of threads as nothing is true.... Just a load of men women gossiping and getting themselves in a lather. 

Why not wait until 11pm tomorrow? I know it will be the usual shit show but hey ho! This is brfc. 

Cos we've had enough 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Silas said:

So, if this plays out, all transfers cancelled,  manager and D of F walk.

What then from the football governing bodies.

The institutions that have Fit and Proper tests,  FFP,. all because they say the primary objective is protecting clubs from harm. 

Do they sit by and watch on whilst absent owners the other side of the World destroy a club.

Is that the sort of duty of care they virtue signal about.

Bollocks off! They don’t give a shit about anything other than the gravy train at the top. 

Look at how the EFL have ‘protected’ Reading…then be very afraid…

• Like 4

If this is true....this may be the beginning of the end. It feels like venkys are making a deliberate effort to sell off any value. Surprised they haven't tried to flogg szmodic.

No way JDT/GB can carry on if what's being predicted goes ahead.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's odd beyond belief. 

I think the 2 cases may have been different, there was clearly some sort of collective cock up last year. But this one seems more cut and dry. Theres no logical reason to blame Broughton if the deal was agreed and then Venkys have vetoed the deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

There is no indication the owners pulled out of the O'Brien deal. As you say, the fact we went on to appeal at presumably a fair bit of cost suggests they didn't. Which would make this once, not twice.

I agree, just that most people would appear to blame the owners for that as well. 

On the second one, why let him get on a plane before pulling the plug? I'm not having it they didn't know about the deal before that.

If they didn't it's on GB.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

We’ve chased McGuire all summer. We’ve convinced him to join us over Sheff Wednesday. We’ve put him on a transatlantic flight then changed our minds mid flight? 

What is wrong with this football club? Where are our standards? This is not how we should operate, it is embarrassing. 

That's what Venkys have done to us. Taken over a fine club, brilliantly run, secure Premier League status and totally trashed it.

We now have the reputation of a bunch of spivs and chancers. How many have we let down in this way in recent years.

We are an absolute shambles and I'm both embarrassed and ashamed.

• Like 8

Something doesn't add up with the whole Mcguire saga. It all speculation. He boarded about 3 flights yesterday for his medical but we cancelled it mid flight? Which one? 

Someone on here not long ago posted about wanting all our transfers to be cancelled and now the 'official' word from ITK'ers is all our transfers may be cancelled.

While i don't doubt that we have absolutely cocked it up, it makes me wonder if its a bit of 'agent talk' to drive up the price.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

Look at how the EFL have ‘protected’ Reading…then be very afraid…

Be honest haven't followed their story, but did look at their league position other day and think- bloody hell, how did they end up there? 

I am very afraid. 

But maybe I shud wait till 11pm tomorrow when all will be rosy. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree, just that most people would appear to blame the owners for that as well. 

On the second one, why let him get on a plane before pulling the plug? I'm not having it they didn't know about the deal before that.

I mean, they choose who to employ and are responsible for the competency of those employed, so it's their fault regardless of how you view the situation. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Broughton and Waggott got basically all of the blame for that. Rightly so. This idea that Venkys got it all is simply not true.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

As have I. 

Wading through pages of shite ain't going to appease me. I prefer facts and will post likewise if anything actually happens. 

I suggest a thread explicitly focused on rumours (which is all we often have to go on) probably isn't for you, then. 

Let's see if 11pm looks much better a scene than the one painted on here right now. I hugely doubt it. But feel free to label this post as more "shite".

• Like 2