BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

In your opinion then, Tomasson isn't on board with the transfer policy?

The transfer policy that has seen him short at goalkeeper, right back, left back, left wing, right wing, central attacking midfield and striker? I wouldn’t imagine he’s too keen on it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

These signings are like trying to build a house before the foundations are complete!

We need players who can come in NOW and improve the team not players 'for the future' as the future may never arrive!

iMO, more evidence supporters are being taken for fools by those idiots in Pune, Maggott and Broughton 

God help us.

I get your dislike for Broughton, but for me you've hit the nail on the head with Pune & Maggott.

All signs lead to the fact that one won't sanction any money for players over a certain age (see Batth and what an earlier poster wrote). The other is just happy to pick up a wage without applying himself to the club imo.

This lad is not really what we need, unless someone is off or we aren't renewing Barnes contract. However its clear that signing anyone over a certain age is a no go for the dicks who raise chicks.

I think Broughton is working with one arm behind his back. The small light I can see, is that we are at least making moves early in the window, which is a pleasant surprise.

Goalscorer next please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

The transfer policy that has seen him short at goalkeeper, right back, left back, left wing, right wing, central attacking midfield and striker? I wouldn’t imagine he’s too keen on it

Having no players is not a transfer policy.

It's having no money in the first place.

My question is rather about the players we actually do sign, and whether he is on board with those.

23 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

In your opinion then, Tomasson isn't on board with the transfer policy?

The transfer policy is not his remit. He's the Head Coach. He's there to coach the players and get results on the pitch. Transfer policy is dictated by the owners, and implemented by GB.

If he wasn't on board with the TP he wouldn't have taken the job. However that TP (project) has now changed due to budget cuts.

I'd imagine, and this is only my opinion, that when the CEO says no contract negotiations have been started with JDT it's because JDT has told them to shove it unless the budget restrictions and Venky's interference on football decisions fundamentally changes. 

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The transfer policy is not his remit. He's the Head Coach. He's there to coach the players and get results on the pitch. Transfer policy is dictated by the owners, and implemented by GB.

If he wasn't on board with the TP he wouldn't have taken the job. However that TP (project) has now changed due to budget cuts.

I'd imagine, and this is only my opinion, that when the CEO says no contract negotiations have been started with JDT it's because JDT has told them to shove it unless the budget restrictions and Venky's interference on football decisions fundamentally changes. 

So we sign players then without Tomassons say-so, yes?

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

So we sign players then without Tomassons say-so, yes?

Not sure what your angle is but no, GB has already said that JDT has the final say.

But if JDT is only presented with young players who can increase value, and not the players he actually wants (e.g Batth) because the venky's have said 'no',  then he can't really be blamed for the players he gets told to work with. I think you're desperate to appoint blame to JDT/GB but aren't able to see the bigger picture.  No offence like😉

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Not sure what your angle is but no, GB has already said that JDT has the final say.

But if JDT is only presented with young players who can increase value, and not the players he actually wants (e.g Batth) because the venky's have said 'no' then he can't really be blamed for the players he gets told to work with. I think you're desperate to appoint blame to JDT/GB but aren't able to see the bigger picture.  No offence like😉

And there lies just one of the problems. Venkys have zero understanding on football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

My first thought with this deal, if true, is that Hill must be going back.

You might be right, but he's decent at FB so I hope not cos we haven't got a good RB in the club (JRC is the best but probs better in CM)

Jackson saying that Venky's are sanctioning deals on an ad-hoc basis. This one clearly fits the 'model'. It might just be as simple as that with this signing, with no outgoings. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

But if JDT is only presented with young players who can increase value, and not the players he actually wants (e.g Batth) because the venky's have said 'no',  then he can't really be blamed for the players he gets told to work with. I think you're desperate to appoint blame to JDT/GB but aren't able to see the bigger picture.  No offence like😉

My angle is this.

The argument that we only sign players over a certain age has been dispelled (Tronstad, Szmodics)

So if Tomasson does indeed have influence on who we sign, but those players are young/inexperienced, then he needs to stop using 'inexperience' as an excuse every time we get beat.

That was my original point. Not so strange after all eh?

I think you're trying to avert any blame whatsover on our poor results from Tomasson. No offence like.

And I'm perfectly aware what the bigger picture is, thanks all the same. 

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

My angle is this.

The argument that we only sign players over a certain age has been dispelled (Tronstad, Szmodics)

So if Tomasson does indeed have influence on who we sign, but those players are young/inexperienced, then he needs to stop using 'inexperience' as an excuse every time we get beat.

That was my original point. Not so strange after all eh?

I think you're trying to avert any blame whatsover on our poor results from Tomasson. No offence like.

And I'm perfectly aware what the bigger picture is, thanks all the same. 

Well, no it hasn't, because they refused to sanction a 2 year deal for Batth. Have a look at all the players that the club has signed since JDT came into the club. What's the average age? Using 2 players as examples out of about 20 signed is a bit selective 🤣

And if he only gets young players to choose from, and not the players he wants, he can't really have much influence over transfer policy.

You still haven't grasped it, sorry to say. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Well, no it hasn't, because they refused to sanction a 2 year deal for Batth. Have a look at all the players he signed, what's the average age? 

And if he only gets young players to choose from, and not the players he wants, he can't really have much influence over transfer policy.

You still haven't grasped it, sorry to say. 

How do you know he only gets young players to sign off on? The evidence, as quoted, suggests otherwise.

Venkys are clueless, we all know that. But you haven't grasped the fact that despite this, some of the blame for our poor results is on Tomasson for his tactics, and on Broughton and Tomasson for between them signing poor players.

Are you mates with Chaddy by any chance?

I see four glaring weaknesses in our current squad- centre halves not being one of them..

Goalkeeper:  Bring back Kaminski- how many times did the save us at the start of last season? Our XG was terrible yet we were pushing top of the league for ages...  Loan in an experienced no1 to steady our defence and tutor the younger keepers..

Lack of pace: Absolutely no pace in the side.  One paced is an understatement.  As a counterattacking side it's vital to have players that can stretch the game a bit.  I can't think of one.  Could do with two Khadra types.

No striker, no focal point, it's embarrassing. Got to be addressed.

Centre midfield is woefully short, we need a Rothwell replacement.

If we addressed those issues in January, the GK and lack of pace especially I think we'd look a good side.

1 hour ago, Brian-Potter said:

Not sure I’d agree with that, having to take the Indian authorities to the High Court to sanction the release of funds to cover operating costs would suggest to me it is, or was, very real.

All it suggests to me is that it is very convenient. 

Isn't it remarkable how every single time we are ripe for some investment something 'beyond our control' comes along and stops them investing?

If it wasn't the Indian government it would be some other excuse. 

What APPEARS to be the case is they have been singled out for restrictions due to past financial conduct which may or may not be dodgy. I don't think government agencies freeze assets unless they've got good reason to. So they haven't been persecuted but rather have attracted this attention. 

Could they get around it? Well they could likely have avoided it altogether if they had done things differently/properly from the start and it was accepted as legitimate by the authorities. And like with most things in life if they were absolutely determined to overcome the issue I believe they could find a way, but in the end it suits them down to the ground to convince everyone that they are powerless and 'doing all they can'. 

Of course there is a certain minimum that must be done which includes paying wages on time and keeping the lights on, hence the court case to keep things ticking over. Without that cash the whole circus comes crashing down and they lose control of their baby. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

How do you know he only gets young players to sign off on? The evidence, as quoted, suggests otherwise.

Venkys are clueless, we all know that. But you haven't grasped the fact that despite this, some of the blame for our poor results is on Tomasson for his tactics, and on Broughton and Tomasson for between them signing poor players.

Are you mates with Chaddy by any chance?

I had my doubts, but glad you've clarified.

Chaddy has more of a clue than you to be fair.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Said it before on here, but I’ve been told by someone who would know, that Venky’s will only sanction money for players with resale value. Whether Broughton is ‘on board’ with it I don’t know, but the model is all Venky’s.

How the fuckety fuck fuck fuck would Venkys know whether a player has resale value?

• Like 1