BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher isn't the type of player either and can't play like Evans. 

We don't play any sort of tactics under JDT that suits the type of player that Evans is. We have a set pattern of play and our signings have been made to fit that tactic and style of play. 

You don’t have play that way for 90 minutes, especially if it’s not working. Sometimes you need a plan B that involves playing another way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Every time we lose a pressure game like this we hear the same excuses, (injuries, luck etc.).

We’re not strong enough, either mentally or physically.

Until that changes we will continue to lose big games.

Key injuries obviously played a big part, I doubt we would have conceded any of them goals with our usual back 4 plus jrc who is a big part in our play 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher isn't the type of player either and can't play like Evans. 

We don't play any sort of tactics under JDT that suits the type of player that Evans is. We have a set pattern of play and our signings have been made to fit that tactic and style of play. 

As usual, you're missing the point that disagrees with the head coach's words.

I know Gallagher isn't that type of player that is bleeding obvious. What Im saying is that for his stature he should be able to bully centre halves to the benefit of the team.

Like wise I know we dont play anything like the tactics PNE employed but there are times when a plan B of a big centre forward who can cause mischief would be a relief. How many times have we struggled to get out of our own defensive third to get the ball clear and it comes straight back. With centre halves like Hill who can actually pass a ball up to someone who can stand up to a physical presence from a centre half can be effective. We need more options than what we've got. Even the footballing genius of Pep realises that.

Chadster is defending a one way of playing that even JDT would change if he’d have had the option to bring in a proper centre forward.

Wait till January when JDT says as much again and he’ll be all ‘yeah we defo need to look for a big forward to go plan b like the manager says’.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Beaten us with half our team out injured, if we do much as has jrc fit it would have been entirely different 

Reg of the Rovers3 hrs ago

All football teams are a image of their manager. PNE are physical, in your face, take the shortest route to goal, adapt tactics to the team they are playing. Not an admirer of Lowe, not my cup of tea, another scouser in your face, but a passionate winner, who shows his emotions on the touch line. Lowe does not moan about his budget or injuries. His budget is less than that of Rovers, his injuries on a comparison. Has anyone seen JDT do a interview yet without mentioning his 'young team, his low budget, Rovers injuries, NO, me neither. JDT gives his side excuses to lose, not so Lowe. Rovers side mirror their Coach/manager persona. Bland, passive, little backbone , little resilience, a rookie team with a rookie coach. That is why Rovers have lost 5 Championship games at home already , long before Christmas. On the other hand we could have Wayne Rooney, god forbid ? You can have all the tippy tappy football you want, all the procession you want, play out from the back ALL the game to your hearts content. But it is not, and will not produce winning football , Lowe knows that , JDT does not. Never forget we are not ' Bloody Barcelona ' ?

So you have a different thought process to this chap of the telegraph?

42 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Key injuries obviously played a big part, I doubt we would have conceded any of them goals with our usual back 4 plus jrc who is a big part in our play 

Agree to disagree. 
You are entitled to your opinion, but the plain fact is we have been incapable of winning games such as this over a sustained period of time.

There will always be excuses. They mean nothing. Results are the facts.

38 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

As usual, you're missing the point that disagrees with the head coach's words.

It's nothing to do with JDT's comments but how I want us to play and what suits our playing squad. 

38 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Like wise I know we dont play anything like the tactics PNE employed but there are times when a plan B of a big centre forward who can cause mischief would be a relief. How many times have we struggled to get out of our own defensive third to get the ball clear and it comes straight back. With centre halves like Hill who can actually pass a ball up to someone who can stand up to a physical presence from a centre half can be effective. We need more options than what we've got. Even the footballing genius of Pep realises that.

sadly we didn't have £50m to sign Haaland. 

I think we need stregthen in other areas than up front where we have 5 options already. Right wing and a couple of defenders would be whether I would be looking to strengthen in January 

36 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

But eventually it stopped working. Whether that was us running out of steam or PNE changed tactics.

What we cant do is change tactics.

I don't think it did stop working cos we were still getting into good positions, having shots and creating chances until the end of the game

48 minutes ago, white boy said:
Reg of the Rovers3 hrs ago

All football teams are a image of their manager. PNE are physical, in your face, take the shortest route to goal, adapt tactics to the team they are playing. Not an admirer of Lowe, not my cup of tea, another scouser in your face, but a passionate winner, who shows his emotions on the touch line. Lowe does not moan about his budget or injuries. His budget is less than that of Rovers, his injuries on a comparison. Has anyone seen JDT do a interview yet without mentioning his 'young team, his low budget, Rovers injuries, NO, me neither. JDT gives his side excuses to lose, not so Lowe. Rovers side mirror their Coach/manager persona. Bland, passive, little backbone , little resilience, a rookie team with a rookie coach. That is why Rovers have lost 5 Championship games at home already , long before Christmas. On the other hand we could have Wayne Rooney, god forbid ? You can have all the tippy tappy football you want, all the procession you want, play out from the back ALL the game to your hearts content. But it is not, and will not produce winning football , Lowe knows that , JDT does not. Never forget we are not ' Bloody Barcelona ' ?

So you have a different thought process to this chap of the telegraph?

Do you stalk media outlets as well as social media to garner Rovers fans opinions? If you don't mind me saying so it's strange behaviour.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Do you stalk media outlets as well as social media to garner Rovers fans opinions? If you don't mind me saying so it's strange behaviour.

No i a have no issue with anybody asking a question in fact i enjoy the fact that you have taken the time to ask me th question.

I also enjoy reading other fans opinions as is often the case it appears that the football fan in general and the difference of opinions on the same subject are so varied they are almost impossible to understand.

8 minutes ago, white boy said:

No i a have no issue with anybody asking a question in fact i enjoy the fact that you have taken the time to ask me th question.

I also enjoy reading other fans opinions as is often the case it appears that the football fan in general and the difference of opinions on the same subject are so varied they are almost impossible to understand.

The game has been and gone but yet you scour local media and the like to post Rovers fans opinions. If I didn't know better I would think you are trying to mix us a bottle on here and an element of gloating too.

On 05/11/2023 at 14:42, simongarnerisgod said:

preston fans eagerly awaiting their cup final

they`ve spotted how bad wahlstadt is and are planning to inform lowe (like he won`t already know!)

generally apprehensive about teams like preston,extremely basic,thuggish but massively determined,they are usually our achilles heel,,you only have to look at some of their players to know their approach,hoping for a strong ref and a win for football over ale house tactics before the break

Would you then not describe the two goals that Preston scored as both things of absolute beauty?  

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, white boy said:

Interesting that you only care about said opinions when Preston have beaten or drawn with us.

That thirst for knowledge seems to have waned when we beat you 3-0 and 4-1. 

Weird. 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 15:12, booth said:

Asked in the other thread but didn't get a reply... Is Carter injured?

Hayden Carter

Injury: The centre-back was suspended against Norwich but picked up a hamstring strain against Chelsea. 

What JDT said: "Hayden Carter is banned but he also got injured in the game against Chelsea. He will be out for two to three weeks."

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's nothing to do with JDT's comments but how I want us to play and what suits our playing squad. 

sadly we didn't have £50m to sign Haaland. 

I think we need stregthen in other areas than up front where we have 5 options already. Right wing and a couple of defenders would be whether I would be looking to strengthen in January 

I don't think it did stop working cos we were still getting into good positions, having shots and creating chances until the end of the game

By your opinion Haaland wouldn't get into the team as he doesn't suit the style of play so its just as well we didn't sign him. Why right wing as you say we are creating chances, but we have no one to finish them. We have options there in Sigurdson, Brittain, Rankin-Costello and Hedges have all started wide right this season all ready.

Its all very well having shots but how many times have you thought bloody hell their keeper had a blinder. How many saves did Woodman make on Friday night? Its all very well having 5 options up front if all 5 are having zero effect in games. Dolan had a good game Friday but when did he actually look like scoring? 

I would say our play up to the box is great but it usually fails when we try walking it into the back of the net

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The game has been and gone but yet you scour local media and the like to post Rovers fans opinions. If I didn't know better I would think you are trying to mix us a bottle on here and an element of gloating too.

As previously stated i wouldn't ever take any PERSONAL satisfaction out of victory due to two main points...

one -i  wasn't playing

two - my season ticket money has no real outcome on our spending and i have no involvement in the running of my team off the pitch either

I find supporters that make comments and appear to take some sort of personal satisfaction as if they have anything to do with their team as rather strange, especially those that make fun of others.  Probably the type of people who take the mickey out of people less advantaged then them ..

But on the other hand i find that a lot of the Rovers lot are great people and have great points of  view and are able to make them on two sites the forum and the telegraph.  Also as my personal history is that my Grand Father and his father where Rovers i have no issues with them and often imagine of both sometimes together getting down to Ewood in the olden days..

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

By your opinion Haaland wouldn't get into the team as he doesn't suit the style of play so its just as well we didn't sign him. Why right wing as you say we are creating chances, but we have no one to finish them. We have options there in Sigurdson, Brittain, Rankin-Costello and Hedges have all started wide right this season all ready.

Haaland can fit into a passing, pressing style of football. 

I want to more of goal scoring threat from the right and someone like Liam Cullen would be a good fit which he shown his ability against us. 

Its all very well having shots but how many times have you thought bloody hell their keeper had a blinder. How many saves did Woodman make on Friday night?

4. plus we hit the woodwork twice. 

Its all very well having 5 options up front if all 5 are having zero effect in games. Dolan had a good game Friday but when did he actually look like scoring? 

Dolan plays the role as false 9 and not a focus point like PNE strikers. Leonard gives us movement and a striker who will run in behind and should have move goals this season. Ennis and Telalovic are work in progress and lets see what impact and game time after the international break

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haaland can fit into a passing, pressing style of football. 

I want to more of goal scoring threat from the right and someone like Liam Cullen would be a good fit which he shown his ability against us. 

4. plus we hit the woodwork twice. 

Dolan plays the role as false 9 and not a focus point like PNE strikers. Leonard gives us movement and a striker who will run in behind and should have move goals this season. Ennis and Telalovic are work in progress and lets see what impact and game time after the international break

Cullen had a good game against us and scored a good goal but Hedges scored a worldie against Watford. Cullen's record is hardly inspiring.

Woodman made four saves of which none were anymore than routine. Granted Moran was unlucky with his chance but if Sigurdson had taken his chance with his left it would have been a more routine chance that some would say he should have scored.

I genuinely hope one of the three comes off sooner rather than later and I know that Dolan is a false 9 but I hate that modern term.