BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

7 hours ago, 47er said:

I can't help thinking that future transfers in depends on sales out. In that case we are probably waiting for the right time to accept bids for Wharton. That probably means nothing in January of any consequence and therefore a nothing end to the season.

Perhaps a sale in the summer, but will we get some, all or none of it for transfers in?

That's the essential problem we face. There is no plan, no time lines. We just drift according to the whims of erratic owners.

You are probably right - all I am saying, IMO, if there was ever a time to invest (e.g. Gallagher, Diaz) it is now. We have a set pattern of play, a good manager & some good youngsters. Main things we are missing is a bit more experience, some height in the team and most important a goal scoring striker who can add height and hold up the ball.

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I wouldn't have taken Dolan off. Fucking stupid decision that completely changed the game.

Not quite. It wasn't the only sub that changed the game. Evans coming on was the key to me. Before Evans came on Wharton had won every ball in the air after Evans came on not so.

We brought a kid on who had zero effect on the game as we needed a runner. Dolan had ran himself into the ground but Trondstat and Wharton were also knackered. They also needed reinforcements.

11 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Buckley should never have been allowed to go on loan but clearly JDT doesn’t fancy him. He needs to come back in Jan or sooner if possible! 

Buckley was 5th choice under JDT and Buckley wanted to play First team football which I can understand at his time in his career and the fact that JRC was also being moved in CM at some point this season. 

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t think anyone would pay decent money with Wharton in the form he is in this season 

he was good against Chelsea and PNE. Plus PL clubs are looking at him every game including Newcastle. I expect offers in January for him and depending on the offer we might well take it depending on a number of factors 

7 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Not quite. It wasn't the only sub that changed the game. Evans coming on was the key to me. Before Evans came on Wharton had won every ball in the air after Evans came on not so.

We brought a kid on who had zero effect on the game as we needed a runner. Dolan had ran himself into the ground but Trondstat and Wharton were also knackered. They also needed reinforcements.

Steve Eyre on Radio Lancs was going on about the Evans effect and the way every championship team fear him and players. I was totally baffled by that comment then. 

18 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

You are probably right - all I am saying, IMO, if there was ever a time to invest (e.g. Gallagher, Diaz) it is now. We have a set pattern of play, a good manager & some good youngsters. Main things we are missing is a bit more experience, some height in the team and most important a goal scoring striker who can add height and hold up the ball.

I agree that the right time is now for investing in the team with a head coach like JDT who has totally stamped his authority on the club in terms of set pattern of play, players understanding their roles and even at under 18's level. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Steve Eyre on Radio Lancs was going on about the Evans effect and the way every championship team fear him and players. I was totally baffled by that comment then. 

Why are you baffled by the fact  experienced Championship centre forwards can have an impact in Championship games?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 47er said:

There is no plan, no time lines. We just drift according to the whims of erratic owners.

Which is exactly the reason there is no cause for optimism.

I would speculate that the plan is to generate money by selling young players.

If aligned to an ambition to progress and eventually win promotion, that would be fine.

I'm afraid that in our case that ambition simply doesn't exist and we are essentially being run as a player farm.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

We are not a Club focused on promotion..its not a priority here.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 47er said:

It seems to me that we largely only score 2 types of goal--the central though ball which Szomdics (usually) sidefoots wide of the advancing keeper and the pull-back from the by-line tapped in from a few yards out.

I'm used to seeing more variety than this! Where's the quick break down the wing and the pinpoint header from the central striker? Where's the screamer from 25 yards that bulges the net? How many other teams score regularly from a corner--either a direct header or a scramble from the confusion?

We hardly ever shoot  now. Even with a clear shot available on the edge of the penalty area we have to try one more pass.

Clearly, we haven't the personnel and we have to work so much harder to create gilt-edge chances.

The personnel helps but this is down to tactics by JDT. The main source of goals is on the counter/transition and we dont really have another plan. It really needs working on as teams like Preston just sat in for the most part and we had no answer.

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Football has made move on from these type of hard man now. 

You tell me if we lost two potential new head coaches before GB appointed JDT cos of Lowe and Benson staying on the coaching team? Its your point at the end of the day. I don't know the full story. 

I am confident that if JDT wants to change Benson and Lowe, the club would back him in this

There will always be a place in football, no more so than in the Championship, for a physicality and a controlled aggression.  We are a small, lightweight side with little aggression and the opposition know this and we get bullied - this must change if we are to be successful when it matters.

You know full well what I am talking about concerning potential new coaches who turned us down pre JDT's appointment.  If my memory serves me right, you were salivating about at lease one of those appointments.  I have better things to do than revisit that thread but I suggest you do.

As for your confidence that the club would back JDT if he wanted to change Benson and Lowe see my previous point and start being realistic instead of pretending all is wonderful at Rovers and every decision made is correct.  JDT has wanted a proven c/f at the last 3 windows - didn't get one, JDT wanted an experienced c/b in the the summer - didn't get one, JDT wanted the financial backing he was promised on appointment - hasn't got it, JDT wanted to fly to long distance matches to save travel time and impact on players - hasn't happened.  I could go on and on and there is enough there to illustrate that JDT does not get what he always wants!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Great performance from a team with lots of injuries.We were unlucky not to get something out of this game, after hitting the bar twice. Overall I thought Rovers were the better team on the night. Preston were very physical and should have had a few more of their players in the book. Well done Rovers, it gives us hope when the injured return after last night's performance.

Sadly, when the injured players return and some not until January onwards, I suspect all hope of making the top 6 will have gone as we will be too far adrift.  We will have paid the price for a paper thin and inexperienced squad.  This will not change until our owners decide to back JDT.  The more likely scenario is he will be gone long before next season kicks off.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, neophox said:

We had 27 shots Preston had 13 shots...we had 61% of the ball but when we dominate games we find it hard to win.... Against Norwich it was the opposite and we won that is what JDT has to clue out. I was so annoyed by the loss.....

I think whilst we had probably the highest % of chances created but not converted pre game Preston had one of the lowest creating % but best conversions.

No surprise at all it came to pass, who in our squad post BBD (on form) would ever pull one long punt down and lash it in like Browne did ?

No one, great goal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t think anyone would pay decent money with Wharton in the form he is in this season 

Nowhere near 1st team ready for prem, he can tackle but shows no willingness or gut busting on defensive positioning, despite essentially being a DM (opposition must look at him and know they'll find space behind), shooting on goal is awful. It's just his ability on the ball creating space and passing. Doubt they'll offer more than 5-8m. Compare him to say Alex Scott who has a direct attacking threat. 

That game just showed to me when we run out of legs are defending from the front is rendered useless and the backline exposed. We need a no9 and reinforcements. Dolan is a perfect reinforment in my opinion not a starter.

The boys against men thing feels more true when the ref doesnt penalise anything, annoys me when they approach 'derbies' different to other games

20 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It certainly was a boxing match - which is a shame because I paid to see a football match.

The referee shouldn't be allowed to officiate again.

I have to be honest and off course your entitled to an opinion as the right of all person(s) but i didn't really see a lot wrong friday night what i would add though is that i thought Blackburn where very good at fouling to disrupt play up the pitch to stop the counter.  I think it is a klopp invention but i may be wrong.

22 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

And Preston possibly this year too. Preston were derided last night for the way they played but they won. Pretty football is nice to watch but doesn't necessarily win football matches

It doesn't but if i may remind you you did finish above us last season playing just that football.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:16, tomphil said:

If we put a couple of PNE's bruisers in our side we'd finish top 6 iv'e no doubts and if you sprinkled some of our best players and football style into their team it would challenge the top 3 come May.

Sadly it's a tale of two opposites but if you want to grind your way into the play offs in this league you need substance over style.

Which is them not us.

Out of interest what do you Rovers fans think you r budget has decreased by to have such upset in the ranks?

57 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There will always be a place in football, no more so than in the Championship, for a physicality and a controlled aggression.  We are a small, lightweight side with little aggression and the opposition know this and we get bullied - this must change if we are to be successful when it matters.

You know full well what I am talking about concerning potential new coaches who turned us down pre JDT's appointment.  If my memory serves me right, you were salivating about at lease one of those appointments.  I have better things to do than revisit that thread but I suggest you do.

As for your confidence that the club would back JDT if he wanted to change Benson and Lowe see my previous point and start being realistic instead of pretending all is wonderful at Rovers and every decision made is correct.  JDT has wanted a proven c/f at the last 3 windows - didn't get one, JDT wanted an experienced c/b in the the summer - didn't get one, JDT wanted the financial backing he was promised on appointment - hasn't got it, JDT wanted to fly to long distance matches to save travel time and impact on players - hasn't happened.  I could go on and on and there is enough there to illustrate that JDT does not get what he always wants!

and soon he won't want it anymore. He'll be off. ☹️

23 hours ago, tomphil said:

They splashed out on 4 good young goal scorers/potential goalscorers in a short space of time in the forms of Dack, Arma, Gally, BBD.

All that to the tune of around 16 million outlay but only profited from one who after deductions and initial fee delivered half that back.  I don't think we'll ever see anything like that ever again as long as they are here now and boy will we pay for it, just imagine JDT being allowed to bring in a striker and a luxury player he has identified.

We'd be blazing if he also added another experienced centre defender but alas no chance and Vs let the incompetents in the form of Waggot and the shadowman carry on riding the gravy train. When they have had the biggest hands in the mess of not maximising player trading income.

Do you not believe the club benefit from the goals each scored?

On 10/11/2023 at 17:39, tomphil said:

For a self professed balanced fan with no axe to grind the whiff of arrogance and veiled digs were numerous.

Bit of a trojan horse i reckon and we'll see his true colours at some point.

Anyway COYB !

Really could you take the time to point any such issues out that would be great as expected your unable to do this then good luck for the rest of your life....

On 10/11/2023 at 17:42, simongarnerisgod said:

pne are the most boring club in the whole wide football world,for 60 years they`ve done and won **** all and bounced around the bottom two divisions like zebedee,they obviously need their hatred of rovers to get excited about something,i used to go out with a girl from penwortham,nice girl but her dad a right miserable ****,on account of having a season ticket to deepdale no doubt

I think to be fair if you take a look at the vlogs from the Blackburn fans you will see that THIS derby means a lot to a lot of people, Preston and ROVERS.

You get the odd anomaly type who likes to be different and have some sort of superior thoughts about themselves and there particular club....... 

Did the Penwortham girl see sense....