BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

On 10/11/2023 at 17:34, oldjamfan1 said:

Half of them can be attributed to the Knob ender wanting to have the last word in every conversation. Let's hope he has a shit evening.

You mean a fellow old lad from Lancashire engaging with other like minded fans from Lancashire with the same love football....

A fellow old lad willing to engage even with people off limited intelligence and with some sort of internet bravado....

Edited by white boy

Preston North End captain Alan Browne believes Preston North End's experience helped them beat Blackburn Rovers, describing the game as 'men against boys'.

Stark reality.  They bullied and intimidated us.  We had no answer.

Every objective Rovers' fan can see this.

For the deluded, rose spectacled brigade, keep dreaming.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Preston North End captain Alan Browne believes Preston North End's experience helped them beat Blackburn Rovers, describing the game as 'men against boys'.

Stark reality.

As a Preston North End i do not agree with my club captain view i believe that on another day Blackburns younger team could have easily won by a few goals......I believe that Blackburns manager one day manage at the highest level with top top players.

1 hour ago, white boy said:

Out of interest what do you Rovers fans think you r budget has decreased by to have such upset in the ranks?

We don't need to think we know, last seasons budget decreased at short notice in this summers window by 15% and we had to bring in 5 million in fees pronto.

That isn't transfer kitty it was operating/wage budget.  We were already on sell to buy before that.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

There will always be a place in football, no more so than in the Championship, for a physicality and a controlled aggression.  We are a small, lightweight side with little aggression and the opposition know this and we get bullied - this must change if we are to be successful when it matters.

Well that's down to your vs my opinion but I think Football has/is moving on from this type of player. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You know full well what I am talking about concerning potential new coaches who turned us down pre JDT's appointment.  If my memory serves me right, you were salivating about at lease one of those appointments.  I have better things to do than revisit that thread but I suggest you do.

Its your point, so I will let you make the rest of your point otherwise its relevant cos you don't want to fully research it. It ain't my job at all. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

As for your confidence that the club would back JDT if he wanted to change Benson and Lowe see my previous point and start being realistic instead of pretending all is wonderful at Rovers and every decision made is correct.  JDT has wanted a proven c/f at the last 3 windows - didn't get one, JDT wanted an experienced c/b in the the summer - didn't get one, JDT wanted the financial backing he was promised on appointment - hasn't got it, JDT wanted to fly to long distance matches to save travel time and impact on players - hasn't happened.  I could go on and on and there is enough there to illustrate that JDT does not get what he always wants!

Moving either on wouldn't cost much but as JDT said when asked about this specific subject "I think it’s important for the club to keep some coaching staff, because they know exactly how things work at the club. We already have had good chats. When you come to a new club you have to respect the previous manager, but also the people working with him and doing a great job already." 

So from that quote he is more than happy with them on his staff. So I totally stand by my comments that if JDT wanted a new coach in to replace either it would happen. He is happy with Lowe and Benson hence why no removal of them. 

JDT was backed last summer and we made 3 very good signings who are key players for this team in Hyam, Szmodics and Brittain. Yes we didn't get a proven striker but sadly we don't have the finances for that this summer but we did sign 2 strikers who JDT is working with and improving them Plus the development of Leonard aswell. 

We all know the Batth story don't we. 

Instead of flying why didn't we just travelled by Rail to London. Its only 2 hours travel. 

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Bullied us? what a load of tripe. 

His comments are as bad as Steve Eyre Radio Lancs comments that Championship teams are scarred of Ched Evans when he come on. 

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It' pretty much what any manager will tell his team going out against one much younger, smaller and physically not big.

Can't blame them for that and wasn't like Cookes Wigan teams who were sent out to main more experienced but still lightweight Rovers sides.

A bit of presence upfront and a solid centre half or if Hyam was playing we at least come away with a point from that game. The fact we don't put quicker balls into the box and that we wilt badly in the last 10 of every game will continue to haunt us as much as most teams will try and bully us.

They use of subs and in game management needs to vastly improve as well imo but iv'e been saying that for over a year now.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing how the Chadster won’t budge from the club line even an inch… well it isn’t amazing at all really, is it. 🦜

Indeed.

There's little point in trying to engage in any sort of discussion with him. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Indeed.

There's little point in trying to engage in any sort of discussion with him. 

my quotes are directly from JDT actually. He tells it has it is. Simple as. 

I won't agree with Browne's comments either or Eyre's comments about Evans striking fear into Championship teams either. Disagree if you want, but I know which team I would rather play like and which manager I would have in charge here. Its Ain't PNE or Ryan Lowe. 

24 minutes ago, white boy said:

As a Preston North End i do not agree with my club captain view i believe that on another day Blackburns younger team could have easily won by a few goals......I believe that Blackburns manager one day manage at the highest level with top top players.

If we had a reasonable track record in these types of games, then your point would be valid.

"Another day" never comes and we generally lose, or fail to win, any game with a bit more pressure riding on it, eg a local derby or against a potential promotion rival, or against any side if we are in control of our own destiny at the business end of the season, (see the stats of our recent second half of the season collapses).

Friday's game ticked two of the above boxes.

We can be easy on the eye, but lack mental and physical toughness.

The head coach was denied the opportunity to try and address that last Summer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my quotes are directly from JDT actually. He tells it has it is. Simple as. 

What he thinks / says shortly after the heat of battle will be different to a more considered appraisal when the dust has settled.

Although he is a straight talking person, he also has to filter what he says in the public domain.

JDT has stated that we need more depth and experience.

Friday night was a good example of why.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, roverblue said:

The personnel helps but this is down to tactics by JDT. The main source of goals is on the counter/transition and we dont really have another plan. It really needs working on as teams like Preston just sat in for the most part and we had no answer.

Hence the away wins and poor home record this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Sums it up and confirming what many of us have been saying in here

Wet-behind-the-ears young lads against tough, experienced Championship pros

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, martonrover said:

What he thinks / says shortly after the heat of battle will be different to a more considered appraisal when the dust has settled.

Although he is a straight talking person, he also has to filter what he says in the public domain.

JDT has stated that we need more depth and experience.

Friday night was a good example of why.

on the whole we were the better side only undone by our lack of size and inexperience,(though looking at their first goal on a replay,wahlstadt should have saved it),we ar`nt far of being a very good side,just need 3 players to finish us off,centre forward most importantly,wether  jdt gets the funds is another matter for discussion😐,we are doing ok considering our squad size and injury list,north end can celebrate all they want after their "magnificent triumph",the season ends in may and i suspect neither of us will be in the play off mix

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Indeed, a regular JDT comment is ‘it’s not about these great young lads we have, it’s about who we don’t have’… think its fairly obvious what he’s getting at (well to most people).

I think if we look at the signings of Tronsdat, Hill and Siggy i reckon it's fair to say if the budget wasn't cut there'd have been another couple of that ilk coming in.

That would have made a big difference so far this season even if we didn't land a talisman forward.

The rug was well and truly pulled and whatever the circumstances that cause them no other ownership in this league has shot itself in the foot and put landed its own obstacles in place to spoil real progress more than this one.

• Like 2

I do find it strange how regular the debates come back to the competence or otherwise of Lowe and especially Benson.

You have club puppets totally naive to the fact that Tomasson would never come out when appointed and say, "well I wanted to bring more staff in but the owners wouldn't let me." Obviously he would not upset staff he has been lumbered with, whether he rates them or not. Carvalhal reportedly turned the job down due to limitations on staff he could bring in, true or otherwise.

Equally, quite a few seem convinced that they are terrible coaches with not too much foundation. Players do seem to develop as footballers here and ultimately the issue is the fact that we have to be overly reliant on that due to the budget available to bring players in being uncompetitive. @Mercer even talks about "seeing them in action on the training ground" and being underwhelmed which is very bizarre.

Also, I get that football becomes stricter and stricter in terms of reducing the amount of physicality, but it seems a bit of snobbery to me (purely in football terms) to suggest that football has moved past players like Ched Evans. Put it this way, a Championship defence would MUCH rather be up against Leonard who isn't ready for anything other than occasional Championship football. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

on the whole we were the better side only undone by our lack of size and inexperience,(though looking at their first goal on a replay,wahlstadt should have saved it),we ar`nt far of being a very good side,just need 3 players to finish us off,centre forward most importantly,wether  jdt gets the funds is another matter for discussion😐,we are doing ok considering our squad size and injury list,north end can celebrate all they want after their "magnificent triumph",the season ends in may and i suspect neither of us will be in the play off mix

PNE won, the rest is academic.

Agreed, we are doing quite well all things considered, but three decent players isn’t a case of “just” for us.

I’d be pleasantly amazed if Broughton / JDT are given more than ten bob to spend in January.

I can’t blame PNE fans for celebrating. It’s high time we were given that pleasure after a derby match.

I will have to face a few at work this week 😢

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I think if we look at the signings of Tronsdat, Hill and Siggy i reckon it's fair to say if the budget wasn't cut there'd have been another couple of that ilk coming in.

That would have made a big difference so far this season even if we didn't land a talisman forward.

The rug was well and truly pulled and whatever the circumstances that cause them no other ownership in this league has shot itself in the foot and put landed its own obstacles in place to spoil real progress more than this one.

And yet some members of this very board seem to be unable to bring themselves to say anything negative at all about our owners, instead pushing the blame for any and all ills to the management team in this country. Waggot is not without blame of course and by right should have been relieved of his position years ago, but its madness for anyone associated with Rovers not to see that the source of all of our problems are based millions of miles away in Pune.

Edited by Irish_Rover
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

We signed Ennis, Tronstdat and Siggy when we were told it's frees and loans.

The Egg pulled in some quality with very little to work with so they decided to slash the budget even more. 

Funnily enough, now the transfer window is over they have miraculously found a way to send money over again.

They actively do not want promotion, the last 3 seasons show this. They have meddled in the transfer windows and every single time it has been to our detriment. 

48 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The Egg pulled in some quality with very little to work with so they decided to slash the budget even more. 

Funnily enough, now the transfer window is over they have miraculously found a way to send money over again.

They actively do not want promotion, the last 3 seasons show this. They have meddled in the transfer windows and every single time it has been to our detriment. 

It was the wage budget they cut again at short notice so i'm assuming that extra 15 percent that was initially available would have brought in another or 2 with a bit more experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

why would they not want promotion with all the mega millions it brings,it would raise their profile as well