BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

12 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Didn’t mention earlier but huge congratulations to all involved in organising todays fan takeover. It was brilliant looking round each stand to see them heavily populated, hopefully those in power have taken notice 

Yeh this is the beauty of the game despite the result and the owners the game brings the fans together. Great day!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

My mate came along for the first time in a while today. He said the same about us not shooting, and trying to score the perfect goal. Siggy and Moran were particularly guilty of it. We are short of a fast, direct winger.

Definitely. We play in front of teams all the time. The one time we got around the side of Watford we scored.

Really tough pill to swallow. We were undoubtedly the better team for the majority of the game. Hamer (their GK) kept them in it. And then their depth advantage came on and stole the points.

I was sat in the Blackburn End and didn’t see the disallowed goal, but my mate told me it didn’t look a foul? Horrible way to lose if that’s true.

It’s hard to fault the performance today. I disagree with people getting on Wahlstedts back - he definitely needs to work on holding the ball or parrying out of danger, but he made a couple of outstanding saves today.

Ah well. On we go to Huddersfield.

Edited by norwichblue
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Fancy escaping Burnley just to end up in Reading 😁

Actually lived in Clitheroe from 1975 having moved there from Tunbridge Wells due to my Dad's work ... someone once wrote about Reading, " No town more successfully hides it's attractions from visitors than Reading ", and I would concur ...

I met a Burnley girl in 1988, married the following July and have lived there ever since. Blackburn & Burnley, like virtually every town in Britain, has areas you'd love to live in, ( Pleasington / Worsthorne etc ) and sadly, areas that you'd be scared to let your children play out in ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Actually lived in Clitheroe from 1975 having moved there from Tunbridge Wells due to my Dad's work ... someone once wrote about Reading, " No town more successfully hides it's attractions from visitors than Reading ", and I would concur ...

I met a Burnley girl in 1988, married the following July and have lived there ever since. Blackburn & Burnley, like virtually every town in Britain, has areas you'd love to live in, ( Pleasington / Worsthorne etc ) and sadly, areas that you'd be scared to let your children play out in ....

I live where I live because of the girl I met too.

• Like 1

Whichever way you slice the onion Leo was at fault with both goals.

The first came from a low well hit shot from distance which should have been stopped dead or parried to safety, definitely not straight to incoming.

The second was atrocious. A corner kick where he was unchallenged.

This is not just having a go at Leo, it's opinion based on observation..

Hamer conned the ref for our disallowed goal and Garrett should never have been booked for a never a foul.

We were the better side, probably for 70% of the game, but fluffed our chances and we're shot shy as usual apart from Adam's cracker and Garrett's well saved free kick.

JDT has done a great job with what he has available.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Whichever way you slice the onion Leo was at fault with both goals.

The first came from a low well hit

Brian Clough once said “ Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper, so buy the best one you can afford. “

Leo also badly fumbled one that  just squirmed past the post in the second half. For a second I thought it was in.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brian Clough once said “ Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your goalkeeper, so buy the best one you can afford. “

Leo also badly fumbled one that  just squirmed past the post in the second half. For a second I thought it was in.

I managed to get my full post up and the edit out "shit shy" for the correct "shot shy" ...lol

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I knew I'd come back to people slating the GK.

He made 3 excellent saves today - and the 2 goals he's made the initial save from difficult shots and his (tired) defenders have been second to the loose ball. If he was good enough to palm those wide / somehow smother them he'd be playing in the PL. 

Healey should have been offside if our defenders did what they should do and rush a few yards out after the initial save. Unfortunately that didn't happen and it was an easy goal for them. We could have put the game away in the first half, but didn't, and in that sense we really missed Szmodics today. Hamer made some crucial saves to keep them in the game in the second half as well. I thought at 1-1 that a draw was probably a fair result but we looked gassed and was never coming back when going behind late on. Gutting, but the squad is so stretched at the moment and we have few good options on the bench.

Think we should try and adapt to games when we're 1-0 ahead. Too easy to counter us... Mowbray-esque it is. Just hope we don't fall too far behind the top six when we enter January 2024.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Gents,

Enjoyed my first visit to Ewood since 1988, courtesy of my Rovers supporting friend. I thought the Fanzone set up was excellent and great to briefly meet Miller11 & Herbie6590, the latter for the first time since 1981. For obvious reasons, I kept my usual allegiances quiet. I almost felt myself " going native ", when Rovers took an early lead, but quickly had a word with myself ..

Rovers were good value for their lead at half-time but, as others have said, the combination of tiredness of young players, and the  quality Watford had from the bench proved the difference. Both keepers made a belting save each, and I thought a draw would have been a fairer result. Before he tired, Adam Warton looked the standout player from both sides, you have a gem there ..

Salvation Army Band playing at half-time took me back years, a lovely touch and the sight of what was presumably a Granddaughter, arm in arm with an elderly Gent with a stick reminded me that, whatever the local rivalries, there is still far more that unites fans than divides them ..

Have a lovely Christmas, all, and best wishes for 2024 ... 

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

It's never too late to see the error of your ways and come to the right side.