BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I think people would be surprised by the number of fans in the ground who want JDT gone. Had a debate with one guy who wanted him sacked in the morning. 

Delusional imo. But crazy how some people close their eyes at the real problem. 

Doesn’t surprise me he’s never been remotely popular at Ewood, not like St Anthony of Yarm who certainly was until the very end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I think people would be surprised by the number of fans in the ground who want JDT gone. Had a debate with one guy who wanted him sacked in the morning. 

Delusional imo. But crazy how some people close their eyes at the real problem. 

Opinions eh?

There are several ST holders guys who sit near me, who go to every game home and away, are 'meh' when it comes to Tomasson.

5 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

You could just as easily look to the fans that do leave when we go behind and wonder if that affects mentality for the players on the pitch.

l

Thats the same at every single football club and has been since time immemorial. So certainly can’t explain why this bunch have been so weak for so long.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

You could just as easily look to the fans that do leave when we go behind and wonder if that affects mentality for the players on the pitch.

Average age of the 11 on the pitch when we conceded the two goals is 22.9 years old. The 23-year-olds that work for me tend to need a helping hand and a bit of encouragement when things aren’t going well, not being stormed out on and written off as not being good enough.

Different strokes, I suppose.

No pal because normally there are 11/12k home fans and a few hundred always start mooching out on 85 mins whatever the score.

Fuck off the Riverside stand for something without a motorway at the front of it and problem solved.  Anybody remember the similar stand at Bristol City a  years back ?

It had the same issues.

The team and management let the fans down again yesterday not the other way around.

We bang on about prices etc but every time we draw thousands extra in it ends in shoite.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not read through the thread so don't know the general gist but me personally i'm fed up of watching such naivety literally throwing games away.

Yes we know the issues with the squad but you have to find a way around that instead of trying to 'Man City. everybody and continually falling short.  As iv'e said for weeks now the in game management is non existent and the naivety is now beyond 'young' team excuses it's schoolboy stuff.

We actually chase games we are winning and leave so much space at the back and in wide areas bloody Chorley would exploit that never mind teams with options on the bench.

I'd swap Leo for Vince O'Keefe at this moment in time, he makes Darren Collier look good, come back Stephen as soon as possible.

Finally someone's called it out.

All these comments about 'exciting football', 'getting me off my seat', 'identity' etc are wearing thin with me.

The only football that excites me is winning football.

Tomasson has done a great job in a lot of ways, but he has a massive achilles heel IMO.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We actually chase games we are winning and leave so much space at the back and in wide areas bloody Chorley would exploit that never mind teams with options on the bench.

Bloody Chorley are exploiting well and up to third.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Doesn’t surprise me he’s never been remotely popular at Ewood, not like St Anthony of Yarm who certainly was until the very end.

You know my feelings the guy really needs some backing to play the way he wants to but in the absence of that he needs to seriously rethink what he's doing.

The club as it is deserves and probably needs a plodder but as fans we want ambition and an ambitious approach and JDT has that in spades. Have to say though with this squad it isn't really working now there are huge flaws in it that are being exposed weekly.

So where do we go from here ?

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You know my feelings the guy really needs some backing to play the way he wants to but in the absence of that he needs to seriously rethink what he's doing.

The club as it is deserves and probably needs a plodder but as fans we want ambition and an ambitious approach and JDT has that in spades. Have to say though with this squad it isn't really working now there are huge flaws in it that are being exposed weekly.

So where do we go from here ?

To be fair he wasn’t even particularly popular when second/third in the league last season never mind now, think it’s more pining for Tone more than anything personal to JDT.

Always the way with rebound relationships.

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Finally someone's called it out.

All these comments about 'exciting football', 'getting me off my seat', 'identity' etc are wearing thin with me.

The only football that excites me is winning football.

Tomasson has done a great job in a lot of ways, but he has a massive achilles heel IMO.

If we could provide him with the tools he needs for his way we'd be trooping off winning or losing 4-2 every week but probably saying similar things.

Like 'why' do we persist in carving ourselves open all the time, surely someone in training would start schooling them in how to put a foot on the ball. Don't keep playing it straight into the middle looking to go on the turn and look to expand the game a little bit instead of treating the ball like a hot potato when we are winning.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair he wasn’t even particularly popular when second/third in the league last season never mind now, think it’s more pining for Tone more than anything personal to JDT.

Or perhaps, he isn't that good a manager at our present level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It's more a case of people judging Tomasson on his own merits.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Opinions eh?

There are several ST holders guys who sit near me, who go to every game home and away, are 'meh' when it comes to Tomasson.

Just goes to show that having a season ticket doesn’t mean you understand football…..

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Average age of the 11 on the pitch when we conceded the two goals is 22.9 years old. The 23-year-olds that work for me tend to need a helping hand and a bit of encouragement when things aren’t going well, not being stormed out on and written off as not being good enough.

Different strokes, I suppose.

Can tell you don’t get to matches very often.

Fair enough, leaving early is out of frustration, but if we concede late, the game is typically done. 
Got to also take into account how fed up people are with the same thing happening time and time again. Someone posted a stat about how many late goals were conceding and it’s a big problem.

(Yes, I’m well aware we’ve got injuries, an inexperienced squad and Venky’s are shitheads).

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's more a case of people judging Tomasson on his own merits.

Not around me it’s not.

It’s all about results and even when we had them sitting top 6 for the majority of last season he received far more pelters than TM did in five years of plodding along (with a budget JDT could only dream of having).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It doesn't mean that they're not entitled to an opinion either.

Absolutely. 

He’s the best manager we’ve had under these morons ownership, I doubt we could do any better, what the hell does these fans expect? 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Can tell you don’t get to matches very often.

Fair enough, leaving early is out of frustration, but if we concede late, the game is typically done. 
Got to also take into account how fed up people are with the same thing happening time and time again. Someone posted a stat about how many late goals were conceding and it’s a big problem.

(Yes, I’m well aware we’ve got injuries, an inexperienced squad and Venky’s are shitheads).

Rovers have now conceded 18 goals in the final 15 minutes of Championship matches this season, the most in the division.

that has cost us 8 points 

8points -2 wins and 2 draws

where instead we have conceded 18 goals from winning positions and then lost or drawn. 

8 points let that sink in

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

Rovers have now conceded 18 goals in the final 15 minutes of Championship matches this season, the most in the division.

that has cost us 8 points 

8points -2 wins and 2 draws

where instead we have conceded 18 goals from winning positions and then lost or drawn. 

8 points let that sink in

Seems fairly simple to me, no options on the bench, we run out of steam.

But it’s ok, January’s nearly here…