BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Fan Takeover 2 - v Watford (h) 23/12/23 - Make It A Blue and White Christmas
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Front page article on here now live - ALSO with details of our Christmas Appeal.

Because we collectively raised funds so amazingly before the Girona game to buy tickets for kids who otherwise wouldn't be able to go, we are working closely with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust this time, to support their amazing programmes over Christmas, including buying tickets for this game. 

We fully appreciate that times are hard and money is tight but if you can help & would like to, please read about the great work BRCT undertake & help us to help them...

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/fan-takeover-2-a-mega-deal-for-the-watford-game/467

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 17.42.38.png

• Like 3

Great stuff from all involved.

Saturday 3pm with a potential big floating support to tap into as it’s Christmas weekend.

Finally, finally the club does it for a game that makes sense instead of ridiculous choices like Reading on a red button random Tuesday night. Hallelujah 🙌 

(Just shows what happens when fans get involved in the decision making ay!)

• Like 7

Credit where it is due to all concerned and the club for allowing it, great effort and perfect time of year to do it.  Brilliant way to start the Christmas Hols and before a big night of Boxing as well !

Bumper crowd guaranteed.

Those chirping up all over the place that it should be a sell out in home sections need to calm down though and get a bit more realistic.

A 20K gate would be brilliant.

• Like 3

Aye, c20k gate considering Watford won’t fetch many would be excellent.

Unfortunately such chirpers (usually very vocal on social media) just don’t understand that with only 9k ST holders you just aren’t going to get ‘sell outs’. 20,000 walk ons aren’t suddenly going to come out the woodwork for a mid season second division game, Christmas or not.

Price STs at a sensible level if you want to see close to a ‘sell out’ for an initiative like this.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

I like this a lot - me and my little lads will be there, 100%.

I really liked the activities and the 'outside of the ground' stuff at the Girona match, really felt like a proper effort and atmosphere.

Would be great to get above 20k.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Andy said:

I like this a lot - me and my little lads will be there, 100%.

I really liked the activities and the 'outside of the ground' stuff at the Girona match, really felt like a proper effort and atmosphere.

Would be great to get above 20k.

We’ll be doing something similar again this time. Got a few little freebies for the kids and the grown ups so get down early!

• Like 4

I’ll be home for Christmas and three generations in my family will be there. My dad, myself and my son (3yo) will be making his first visit to Ewood Park. Can’t wait.

I reckon a decent amount of fans who live outside of Lancashire will be back home for the holidays and attending the match.

Great work all involved.

(Also, my son has never seen the Rovers lose - 2/2 winning visits to Carrow Road so far)

Edited by norwichblue
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The three generations of my family will be there.

I spoke too soon. When I mentioned it to Mrs Shoelaces she said “ we’ve got tickets to see “ Hamilton “ in Manchester on the 27th, they cost £100 each !  “ 

Bloody hell, so it looks like I’ll be missing out.

Oops, I thought for some reason  it was on the 27th, now I see it’s the 23rd so we’ll be there after all ! Hurray !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I spoke too soon. When I mentioned it to Mrs Shoelaces she said “ we’ve got tickets to see “ Hamilton “ in Manchester on the 27th, they cost £100 each !  “ 

Gutted. Hamilton is a brilliant show though if it’s any consolation.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Oops, I thought for some reason  it was on the 27th, now I see it’s the 23rd so we’ll be there after all ! Hurray !

Talk less, smile more.

Hamilton, what a show, seeing it in February, saw it on Broadway earlier this year with a rather enthusiastic (drunk) Chicagoan woman next to me, too many Hamiltini's!

As for the match, I can't wait to see more people on the ground and meet some more forum members. Plenty still going on behind the scenes also, so plenty to be excited about.