BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Great initiative, hope its a massive success to show up the error of Waggott's ways.

My only worry would be whether the ancillary services such as catering and the offerings from the Club Shop will be of the standard required to satisfy a bumper crowd and whether the Club can avoid brassing a huge number of potential new supporters off.

I think the most important thing on the day is whether the team turn up and put in a display that they capable of.  

We will be talking to the Club about logistics but the bottom line is that they are legally responsible and liable for the health, safety, and operations on the day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

I think the most important thing on the day is whether the team turn up and put in a display that they capable of.  

We will be talking to the Club about logistics but the bottom line is that they are legally responsible and liable for the health, safety, and operations on the day.

Fortunately the club can see ticket sales in real time and no doubt JDT will be saying the right words to the players who should be responding to the crowd on the day.

If home sales are pushing towards 20,000, either the Blackburn End Upper Tier or half the Darwen End should be opened rather than refusing to sell tickets.

Watford have one of the lowest away followings so even if the ticket price encourages a few more, they are unlikely to top 1,500.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bradford rover said:

I am a season ticket holder but planning on bringing the Mrs and grandson for this one , anyone any ideas when they be on sale? 

As Rigger responded they are already on sale, and apparently from the figures I have seen they are thankfully selling extremely well.

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

As Rigger responded they are already on sale, and apparently from the figures I have seen they are thankfully selling extremely well.

Morning Mike, hope you are well my friend.

Its traditionally a poorly attended date in the calendar if memory serves me correctly, I'm trying to persuade 4 more of our lot to come, but the excuse is last minute Christmas shopping for the Mrs, yes they're blokes.........

But that said, this has all the makings of 20k+ gate, cheap tickets and the side playing really really well, I have no doubt this will top 20k, especially if we keep winning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Morning Mike, hope you are well my friend.

Its traditionally a poorly attended date in the calendar if memory serves me correctly, I'm trying to persuade 4 more of our lot to come, but the excuse is last minute Christmas shopping for the Mrs, yes they're blokes.........

But that said, this has all the makings of 20k+ gate, cheap tickets and the side playing really really well, I have no doubt this will top 20k, especially if we keep winning.

Tell them they can pop into the Rovers shop before kick off 😁

• Like 7

It can be poorly attended, however if you price it right it can attract a big gate - Wigan game December 23rd 2019 was our biggest home turn out of the season (for a Sky night match too) as tickets were also reduced to a tenner for that, from memory.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It can be poorly attended, however if you price it right it can attract a big gate - Wigan night game December 23rd 2019 was our biggest home turn out of the season as tickets were also reduced to a tenner for that, from memory.

Price has nothing to do with it.

Apparently.....

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It can be poorly attended, however if you price it right it can attract a big gate - Wigan game December 23rd 2019 was our biggest home turn out of the season (for a Sky night match too) as tickets were also reduced to a tenner for that, from memory.

Yeah correct, £10 I believe then too. 
Jack Walker and lower BBE were sold out (think it was just under 19k but there were barely any Wigan fans there).

It was also unfortunately the night Bradley Dacks premier league dreams ended.

0-0 draw though for all those floating fans! 

I’d expect us to beat 20k here though, in better form, playing better football, community behind it, Saturday 3pm and I’d expect Watford to bring more than / as many as Wigan (even though Watford don’t particular take many themselves).

If we were playing Leeds / Sunderland we’d be getting 25k+

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I think the atmosphere at this game will be great, I can't wait. Ask the people who attend this game if they would support a standing area.

We are going to.  We will have printed versions of the survey at the ‘We Are The Rovers’ stall / hut in the Fanzone.

Edited by Mike Graham
  • Like 1

Our 3 new banners  purchased by ‘We Are The Rovers’ Supporters Trust arrive next week.  They are all 1m high and two are 4m long and one is 5m long.

They have grab handles in the corners and at every 1m interval.  The Trust hope you like them.

Trust town team.pdf

Trust pride-of-lancashire (1).pdf

Trust we-are-the-rovers.pdf

• Like 3