BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bring on the fiasco😆,we all know the organisation behind the scenes at ewood is completely non existant,this will be a disaster!!!

are they deliberately trying to put fans off going?????

With some of the most expensive STs in the league - far more than our comparable neighbouring clubs, the closing of the Blackburn End in the last cup tie, to now purposely excluding non digital-savvy people (so especially a lot of older fans that make up a fair percentage of our match goers) and preventing walk-up sales on the day… the answer to that can only be ‘yes’.

• Like 3

Then 24 hrs before the game their ticket site will probably be down again.

Save a few hundred quid on staff whilst losing ten or twenty grand putting people off going, that is the logic down there.  There are people in that club who don't deserve any fans let alone a wage from it.

Get ready for a 3.5k gate.

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no smartphone or printer,then your not welcome

taking into account all this eco bollocks,will you still be able to get a coffee in a plastic cup and a pint in a plastic glass,yes you will,compared to a paper ticket it`s a hypocritical,token gesture

I often have this argument where you sometimes get a plastic cup and a paper straw.

Should be a paper cup and a plastic straw, better plastic/paper ratio and easier to drink!

• Like 1

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with everything that has been said about this so called Digital Day, I think a lot of people misunderstand the ability of our senior citizens to embrace modern technology.

I use my own 80yr old mother as a good example, competent on ipads, smart phones, e readers and streaming tv, there are many many out there who known more about tech than we give credit for.

And yes, I do know there are many who dont!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with everything that has been said about this so called Digital Day, I think a lot of people misunderstand the ability of our senior citizens to embrace modern technology.

I use my own 80yr old mother as a good example, competent on ipads, smart phones, e readers and streaming tv, there are many many out there who known more about tech than we give credit for.

And yes, I do know there are many who dont!

I think the main point is, We already have low crowds, why make it harder for people to attend ?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Anybody regardless of age or digital ability/access should be able to walk up to their local professional football club 30 mins before kick off and buy a ticket to access the match.

It is a 110%  complete load of bollocks.

Absolutely, as is going cashless. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Hopefully be big movement this week, Rovers fanbase is notorious for buying pretty late when there is no rush to get a ticket.

Exactly.  Just over a week ago we had sold more than we would normally sell up to 2 days before a game.  Most tickets are sold in the 48 hours before a game. We had sold just over 12,000 at 09:30 yesterday morning.  I know of a couple of people who have not got round to buying yet.  Thank goodness it is not a digital only game 😞

Don’t forget the theme for the day is a 🔵&️ Christmas.

It is time to go into the attic and dig out the old flags that have been hidden away.

The only negative thing to report is that Duncan has ordered 200 thunder clackers.  I have told him not to hand any out to kids going in the JW Upper.

This is a We Are The Rovers Supporters Trust initiative actively supported and promoted by brfcs, Proud Rovers, Her Game Too, South Asian Supporters, Rovers Chat and of course the Club who have been very supportive.

Please consider joining the Trust via:

http://www.roverstrust.com

Edited by Mike Graham
  • Like 3

If we had 11/12k ST holders like we bloody well should have then definitely could’ve had a chance of getting close to that.

Unfortunately with only 9k that would mean selling 11,000 walk on tickets, just not going to happen for a run of the mill Championship game, even if it’s Christmas.